Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2 - Page 267 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 7th, 2014, 12:13 PM   #3991
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by drg View Post
yes , the problem is the consistency .
Sometimes she had problems with her back, sometimes she just doesn't serve in a full force trying to keep a high first serve percentage (>70%)
Hartson is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 7th, 2014, 12:15 PM   #3992
country flag mido1988

mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxi7 View Post
Regarding the serve I'm more happy about not making any double faults
Yes , That's amazing too

Simna Halep
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2014, 12:21 PM   #3993
country flag makavel

makavel is a name known to all makavel is a name known to all makavel is a name known to all makavel is a name known to all makavel is a name known to all makavel is a name known to all makavel is a name known to all makavel is a name known to all makavel is a name known to all makavel is a name known to all makavel is a name known to all

Those drope shots were terrible
makavel is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2014, 12:25 PM   #3994
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by makavel View Post
Those drope shots were terrible

Uninspired maybe. Arrabuarrena has a good movement. If those drop shots were against a player with heavy feet they were points won by Simona.
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters, Na Li.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2014, 12:26 PM   #3995
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle de Jour View Post
Missed her live again, but I'm happy with the win
Her match is up on the video thread
s0higher is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2014, 12:31 PM   #3996
country flag makavel

makavel is a name known to all makavel is a name known to all makavel is a name known to all makavel is a name known to all makavel is a name known to all makavel is a name known to all makavel is a name known to all makavel is a name known to all makavel is a name known to all makavel is a name known to all makavel is a name known to all

Maybe one of the reasons why she hasn't played her best is Tiriac, who was watching her from the stands. She sad in an interview she felt intimidated by him.
makavel is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2014, 12:35 PM   #3997
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0higher View Post
Her match is up on the video thread
Thanks, I will watch it later on today
Old May 7th, 2014, 02:29 PM   #3998
country flag TennisGhost

TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute

I think she is getting slower.
Old May 7th, 2014, 02:53 PM   #3999
country flag mido1988

mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisGhost View Post
She is not 100% fit and the injury still affects her .. I think she try not to run alot

Simna Halep
Old May 7th, 2014, 02:55 PM   #4000
country flag CristianB8

CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisGhost View Post
To much muscular mass?
Or maybe because this clay is fast and we've seen how she is handling big hitters on a fast surface but again, Arruabarena isn't a big hitter!
I don't know honestly ...
CristianB8 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2014, 03:05 PM   #4001
country flag UCLA

UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold

She didn`t play well , and she probably`s aware of that.

She win the match and that`s what matter the most. If she have a problem ? neah, don`t think so, maybe something that bothers her ( i`ve seen a tape on her achilles ) .

I accept her playing with my hearth but still able to win a match.

I can predict a good match against Begu ( if Irina wins vs Lisicki )
UCLA is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2014, 03:15 PM   #4002
country flag mido1988

I don't see this muscles thing .. She is very normal for me at least

She can't got slower in 2 monthes .. She is not completely fit and that's normal after a month off court even without injuries .. that's it

Simna Halep
Old May 7th, 2014, 03:50 PM   #4003
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think she is slower, she is very fast actually, she can get any ball, but her defensive technique is not the best, she is no Jankovic, I think she needs to work more on defending, getting balls back, slicing it more in defense, I remember that first tournament she started working with Fissette she was using the slice a lot. I think it's easier to get balls back using the slice.

PART-TIME POSTER
NeKo is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2014, 03:53 PM   #4004
country flag oliverdescants

oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all

Has anyone mentioned the perspective that, while Halep took the match by winning 70 points to the Spaniard's 57, Halep actually won the first 10 points of the match? So really, the initial shock of being-there overcome, the Spaniard played her even. Halep did not look comfortable returning the Spaniard's moonballs. Didn't seem to have her rhythm after the third game. So many times Halep tried to end points early, she missed: the winners/ue ratio is not quite accurate, because it wouldn't take into account the number of weak Spanish serves Halep tripped taking out to the trash. Halep was down 3-4 in the first set, when in her service game, she lost the first point looking very tentative trying not to slide on that ankle, but then the Spaniard dumped a ros into the net, and Halep stablized her serve and controlled the game, as well as the next at love. She served out the first set, but it's lucky that injury is to the right ankle, because it didn't effect her serve, and she was testing it the whole game (it may be making her forehand a little tentative). The second set's long first game, a crucial one Halep won on a df, will make no one's end-of-year highlight reel. Up a break in the second, Halep hit one of the worst drop shots I've ever seen a pro hit; she practically conducted an orchestral accompaniment with her racquet (there was an even worse one at 2-1). But then she hit two wide spin serves that were unhittable, and won the game. Set two was nid; the story, again, was of Halep going for too much on the Spaniard's serves once she was up a break.

What should we take from this match? Halep, much fitter than her opponent, was tentative on that forehand slide, because of the right ankle. So her movement is impaired. She served with confidence, but in the ground game she danced close with this particular hitting partner who, suffice to say, is no Maria Kirilenko. I think Halep had a lovely practice session, played within herself, and is tough to beat under even such impaired condition.
oliverdescants is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2014, 06:56 PM   #4005
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of

TennisTV ‏@TennisTV

Madrid OOP MS (11am): Stephens v Li, Serena v Navarro, Nadal v Nieminen, Tson/Gir v Alm/Mur, Halep v Begu/Lis, Ferrer v Isner #tennis

Center Court, not before 8.00 pm
Not A Fan is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread