Sammy '14 Cheering Thread! (2) - Page 32 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 26th, 2014, 11:44 PM   #466
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sammy '14 Cheering Thread! (2) - Oeiras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntress55 View Post
I never know what to think when a draw comes out anymore it looks okay but it can still be a nightmare for Sam. Though on her day Sam could easily win this tournament so I don't know. I think I'd be happy if she reached the match vs Lucie. Ecstatic if she won that. And ready to throw a party if she won the whole thing. I wouldn't of course but I'd want to
Yep, it looks almost as good as we could have hoped for, but we've had similar draws to this in 2014 and they, uh, haven't turned out very well

If she has to play Lucie, I'd probably prefer it was in the SFs rather than the F. But a long way to go before she gets there - Sammy still hasn't won multiple matches outside of Australia this year, so even a QF would be against the run of things at the moment

Will be interesting to see if she plays doubles. I hope so for annetcl's sake (sooo jealous BTW ), but she might think that singles and doubles at three consecutive events could be too much. Or she might want to maximise her claycourt time before RG...
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 27th, 2014, 04:55 AM   #467

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Sam's first match on Tuesday (for the benefit of annetcl).

Old Apr 27th, 2014, 05:12 AM   #468
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's good that she gets the extra day to practice. She didn't look completely comfortable with the conditions in those practice videos. The adjustment from fast HC to slow clay is tough enough at the best of times, but in such windy conditions it's even trickier.

Just realized that they are playing three qualifying rounds, so it was inevitable that Sam wouldn't start before Tuesday. It rained late withdrawals, so the qualifying draw is not nearly as heavily packed as initially expected. Barthel and Mlad look like the most dangerous, but I have to admit I don't know a lot of the others.

Last edited by stromatolite : Apr 27th, 2014 at 05:19 AM.
stromatolite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 05:31 AM   #469
country flag kvaker81

kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future

Gioia I hope Sam doesn't get her, the girl can hit similarly to Camila and is simply aggression on court.
Sammy needs some Portugal hope in the first round to boost some confidence into her
kvaker81 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 07:28 AM   #470

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

^I know you like Italians, but really? She hasn't had a top 100 win this year (ever?) and has never cracked the top 200 herself. I know, these things are no guarantee that Sam would win, but why single her out?
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 08:03 AM   #471
country flag kvaker81

kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future kvaker81 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
^I know you like Italians, but really? She hasn't had a top 100 win this year (ever?) and has never cracked the top 200 herself. I know, these things are no guarantee that Sam would win, but why single her out?
She is only 22 and she was on 2 year leave because of injury She'll get there a bit later than others because of that But I know she will
And I'm singling her out because I like her and she's in the qualies and Sam's getting a qualifier in 1st round Just hoping they don't meet there, that's all
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 08:04 AM   #472

Okay, fair enough
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 08:08 AM   #473
country flag kvaker81

Good I hope Sam doesn't meet any of Italians any time soon Especially not Flavs
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 12:49 PM   #474
country flag annetcl

annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold
Sammy '14 Cheering Thread! (2) - Oeiras

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
Sam's first match on Tuesday (for the benefit of annetcl).

Yeah was thinking she prob will start play on Tues but good of Sam to confirm - so I just got to hope she safely navigates that tricky r1 and is not scheduled to be the first match on Wed. Please tennis gods.

Yeah she did not looked like she was enjoying her time on court in those videos. Can't blame her - conditions "sounded" atrocious.
annetcl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 01:20 PM   #475

Bertens is a game away from eliminating Barthel. Not that I think Sam can't beat Mona, but with her hard-hitting überagressive style of tennis you never know. Anyway I want Kiki to qualify. Go Kiki
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 01:47 PM   #476

Sam not playing doubles Neither is Kuzzy. I guess it's wise to conserve her energy with Madrid and Rome coming up, but just the same I think it could have been good insurance, just in case she loses early in singles. It would have guaranteed her at least two matches on red clay this week.
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 12:02 AM   #477

Sam has the 51st most three set wins on the WTA tour. If she can nab five more, she could go past Monica Seles, Justine Henin and Kim Clijsters by the end of the year
http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-A...e_3set_sgl.pdf

Old Apr 28th, 2014, 12:56 AM   #478
country flag Ado.

Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold
It feels like she has lost 100 three setters this year
Ado. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 05:16 AM   #479

I'd be more than happy to see Sam put that record on hold for the time being and just win everything in two
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 09:58 AM   #480

I sometimes have to laugh at how TF posters think. Sveta beats Barbieri (sorry kvaker, but she WAS ranked #228) and rusty as hell Halep in Stuttgart, and takes a set off Ana, and suddenly everybody forgets that those were just her 3rd and 4th wins of the season and promote her to redhot favorite to win Oeiras and serious contender for RG.