Valeria Gorlats - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 16th, 2013, 12:56 PM   #1
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Valeria Gorlats

After her recent Pro Circuit début and decent Junior results, I decided to make a thread for Valeria

She is currently near her Juniors Career High of 502 at 510 and she doesn't turn 16 till March 31 next year

I was able to see her play in Helsinki 10K 1st Round where she played against Ella Leivo and showed a lot of potential with an agressive game, good movement and good fight The only things she needs to improve in my opinion are her consistency, serve, shot choice and variation Anyway, she has been a lot more succesful at the ITF Junior events than many of her Estonian counterparts and she is still young so if she can make Top 200 in Juniors by the end of next year I think we will have something to cheer about She's one of those players where you feel if she had more confidence and self-belief along with better coaching and more focus on tennis she could really make inroads

Anyway, it seems her next tournament is going to be the Grade 5 Alatan Tour Cup in Minsk where although she is currently 11th on the EL, she will go up to 7 with priorities it is quite strong for a G5 but if she can make a QF in Singles she can make a SFs in Singles she should break Top 500 and a good Doubles showing would also be nice I hope next year she starts to play some G3 and G2 events as she has never played one before and I am curious how she would go

Anyway, good luck to her and I hope that she can bring Estonia some tennis success
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 20th, 2013, 08:37 AM   #2
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Valeria Gorlats

Valeria is now 4th Seed in Minsk although there are some lower ranked players who are arguably better than her

If she gets a good draw, let's hope she can make a SF or even a Final Out of curiosity Meelis, how seriously does she take her tennis if you know?
Old Dec 4th, 2013, 12:20 PM   #3
country flag chingching

Valeria, as 3rd Seed, won her 1st Round 6-1 6-1
And the girl she played isn't bad: she only lost to Evgeniya Rodina 4 and 2

Anyway, next Valeria has a Ukrainian player who bare;y beat a girl who barely beat Annemai Mutso and only has ITF Singles Points from 1 tournament Hopefully Valeria can get another QF

Not meaning to look too far ahead but if Valeria is able to gain 2.75 points she will be inside the Top 500 for the 1st time She only needs to make the SF in Singles Unfortunately she is not playing Doubles with Jana Kuzovkova but she is still seeded 4th so hopefully through Singles and Doubles she will break the Top 500

The highest she can rise this week is around 420 In fact, presuming she can make the Top 500, there is a good chance she will begin next year as Estonia's highest ranked Junior as she will be ahead of Tatjana and Anett will be removed from the list

Unfortunately, however, Valeria did not enter the G4 in Sweden which would have been a nice opportunity to play some better opponents Still, hopefully she starts to play some higher level tournaments next year
Old Dec 6th, 2013, 05:49 AM   #4
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Won 60 60 in 2nd round
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2013, 07:55 PM   #5
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Lost 67 16 in QF.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 05:24 AM   #6
country flag chingching

After Valeria's slightly disappointing Minsk campaign and a loss to Pihlak last week in Parnu GP she is 8th Seeded at G4 Bellevue Junior ITF 2014 She comes up against Qualifier Klara Alenas 1st Round who shouldn't really be much of a problem... Let's hope she can win
Old Jan 11th, 2014, 11:27 AM   #7
country flag chingching

Valeria won her 1st Round but lost her 2nd 3 and 2 to Helgo, the girl who beat Jana 1 and 0. Normally I would say this girl is under-ranked as she came through Qualifying but she did lose in straight sets in the QF... Also as normal Valeria's Doubles results were not great as she lost in the QFs as the Top Seeds

Some good news however is that because of the removal of the 95 Girls like Anett Valeria sky-rocketed to a Career High of 444, not too bad for a 15 year old I don't know what Eva was ranked at Valeria's age but if she can emulate similar results and move towards getting a WTA ranking by the age of 18 or 19 that would still be a great achievement

Valeria also seems to be trying some harder competition as she has entered the G2 event in Tunisia Nice to see an Estonian playing higher level Juniors. BTW, Kenneth moved inside the Top 300 and Mattias moved close to it so the Boys seem to be doing well Also Daniil Glinka is in the Final of a 14U Tennis Europe event in Siauliai Go Estonians
Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 12:39 AM   #8
country flag chingching

Valeria played in a G2 in Bulgaria last week where she made FQR and lost in Doubles R1 with Anshba. This week however at a G3 she Qualified and last night lost to Sofya Zhuk, the young and talented Russian 8th Seed, 4-6 7-5 6-1 I really hope she didn't choke any big lead but I sense she did That would have been an amazing win I think that she was also injured during or after because either her or her partner withdrew from Doubles with an injury Still, a good match and hopefully she learns from it
Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 04:54 AM   #9
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully she can play better in future tournaments

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 09:01 AM   #10
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
Hopefully she can play better in future tournaments
How wonderful to see you here She seems like the best chance now after players that looked like they were going to be really good (Hendsel and Vorobjova) have disappeared off the face of the earth
Old Apr 24th, 2014, 05:58 AM   #11
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
How wonderful to see you here She seems like the best chance now after players that looked like they were going to be really good (Hendsel and Vorobjova) have disappeared off the face of the earth
What happened to Vorobjova? She seemed promising 2-3 years ago

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2014, 06:32 AM   #12
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
What happened to Vorobjova? She seemed promising 2-3 years ago
I have no idea... She just disappeared I've asked Meelis...
Old May 10th, 2014, 03:16 PM   #13
country flag chingching

Zhuk who Valeria almost beat just won a G2 Maybe Valeria has what it takes
Old May 22nd, 2014, 01:20 AM   #14
country flag chingching

Valeria is playing this week in G4 Sweden and she won her 1st Round 2 and 1 It's nice she continued her form from last week where she made the SFs of a GP event in Nőmme (where next week's Estonian Open will be ) where she only lost to Eva 3 and 4 I really think she could make the Final of this years Eesti Meistrivőistlused

Unfortunately, next round she has to play Dayana Yastremska, Europe's best 14U player It would be great if she wins but it is very tough none the less And even if she did win Top Seed Fanny Ostlund after that seems too tough Still, nice that she got the easy win here
Old May 22nd, 2014, 02:24 PM   #15
country flag chingching

Valeria beat Dayana 7-6(3) 6-3 This is a truly amazing result Dayana is one of the best girls for her age and made a Final in her only previous ITF event It seems Valeria is hitting some nice form and has defended all of last year's Estonian Open points I would say this would be her best chance so far in her career to make a G4 SF but with Ostlund in the way it will be tough... Still, Good Luck