2014 American adventure (Cheering Thread) - Page 20 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 12:50 PM   #286
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future
Re: 2014 Western Europe adventure (Cheering Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0higher View Post
From what I know, she had this problems with her shoulder even before Fed Cup, but if you think she`s faking it .... Don`t tell me, the pill that she took during the MTO was a Tic-Tac
I'm not saying she's faking, all I'm saying it's nothing serious (bearable pain). Had she won today, I'm 100% sure she wouldn't have called the doctor on court
Advertisement

Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 01:18 PM   #287
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of

Why would anyone winning a match would call a MTO ?!?! If you are winning that`s probably a sign that you are doing something right
s0higher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 01:20 PM   #288

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Quote:
Why would anyone winning a match would call a MTO ?!?! If you are winning that`s probably a sign that you are doing something right
Sometimes the injured player wins
Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 01:30 PM   #289
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of

Hard to say ! I did saw some ATP matches where the injured player won, like you say, but not in WTA ! To be truthful I did not start to watch WTA as much as I do until Rome last year, so you might be right
I mean, now I`m pissed with Serena for not winning that famous AO match against Sloane

Come to think about it, Simona was injured during that Sofia SF, and called for a MTO, than won the match :P
Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 01:35 PM   #290

Quote:
Hard to say ! I did saw some ATP matches where the injured player won, like you say, but not in WTA ! To be truthful I did not start to watch WTA as much as I do until Rome last year, so you might be right
I mean, now I`m pissed with Serena for not winning that famous AO match against Sloane

Come to think about it, Simona was injured during that Sofia SF, and called for a MTO, than won the match :P
Simona was also injured against Bojana three days ago and still won, injured Simona against Safarova in the Nurnberg semifinals last year And there are lots of other examples on the WTA tour. The one between an injured Serena (who actually fell on court) beating our Edina Gallovits-Hall 60 60 comes first in mind.
Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 03:14 PM   #291
country flag ioana_sk8r

ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all

I'm sure it was bearable pain but some players handle distractions, including minor injuries, better than others.
ioana_sk8r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 03:25 PM   #292
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully she will recover and have some better results this year. I'm hoping the fed cup results are a sign of improved form but we'll only know after a few more weeks.

Okay now that I'm actually looking at the video against Julia she looked really erratic... not good.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 03:29 PM   #293
country flag scrumm

scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
She should win the heart award
Best of luck in Stuttgart!
She should, but if she competes with Garcia and Aga she wont stand a chance
scrumm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 04:51 PM   #294
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Was that guy in her box actually human or a wax figure she put up there to not have the feeling of traveling all alone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle de Jour View Post
I'm pretty sure it's nothing. She does that quite often when she's losing. MTO or she stands on top of her racquet. Anything that should take the blame for losing away
Sorana is not one of the girls I think of when it comes to this. She has her antics and stuff, but fake MTOs are not her tactics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioana_sk8r View Post
I'm sure it was bearable pain but some players handle distractions, including minor injuries, better than others.
I guess you pretty much nailed it. Sorana should have been euphoric after what she has achieved just a couple of days ago, instead she looked out there as if someone threw her out of her bed an hour before the match started, while Goerges was the one who had to travel from Australia to Germany, adapting to clay.

The shoulder problems are not that serious I think, but she was pissed.
Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 05:01 PM   #295
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mixer View Post
How the heck did this idiot conspire to lose against a player jet lagged out of her brains and out of form I don't know. I actually had a decent sized bet on this as I thought it was such a sure thing.
I can understand your anger, but believe me that betting on Sorana or on any player in 'Tennis Romania' is not a good idea, no matter how clear the result appears to be.

EDIT: Post got deleted.
Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 05:18 PM   #296
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
I can understand your anger, but believe me that betting on Sorana or on any player in 'Tennis Romania' is not a good idea, no matter how clear the result appears to be.

EDIT: Post got deleted.
Well ,delete yours (the quote) as well . this place is not one for this kind of messages.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #136 - W: Vero Beach '14; TT-d: #131 - RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch; Suicide: #48 - RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #80 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #79
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 06:46 PM   #297
country flag s0higher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Was that guy in her box actually human or a wax figure she put up there to not have the feeling of traveling all alone
Back to this I see !
Things are not doing great, I'm sure she had meet some tennis trainers during her travel, why is she not doing anything abot it ?
I for one can't understand why is she not trying something different !?!?!
What's the loss ?

Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 08:11 PM   #298
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle de Jour View Post
I'm pretty sure it's nothing. She does that quite often when she's losing.
Sorana withdrew from Oeiras.
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 08:16 PM   #299
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceboy View Post
Spot on

I was following your thread because I felt that she would withdraw.

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #136 - W: Vero Beach '14; TT-d: #131 - RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch; Suicide: #48 - RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #80 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #79
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 08:33 PM   #300

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceboy View Post
Oh, sorry to hear that. Hope she'll be ok soon though!