Estonian Tennis - Page 139 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 11:18 PM   #2071
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
It's not available online.

Economical reasons, most likely.
What do you mean? Obviously Sweden was a wealthier country but I didn't think that it was that easy to leave And a lot of people stayed... Plus, he was quite a famous figure so I wouldn't expect him to be poor...

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
If Putin goes into Estonia, I will personally stone him to death
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 09:17 AM   #2072
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What do you mean? Obviously Sweden was a wealthier country but I didn't think that it was that easy to leave And a lot of people stayed... Plus, he was quite a famous figure so I wouldn't expect him to be poor...
Collapse of the Soviet Union was a huge mess.

It was not that hard to go abroad in 1990 any more. Plus Becca's grandfather is/was a Swede.

Quote:
Anyway, I think if Estonia pushed hard enough they could recruit Becca
Yeah, maybe if Estonia would be Kazakhstan. She obviously feels Swede and she has received a lot of support there. And as we see in Gabriele Bertasiute case, Sweden is a country that is more likely to get new players than lose them.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 09:30 AM   #2073
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Collapse of the Soviet Union was a huge mess.

It was not that hard to go abroad in 1990 any more. Plus Becca's grandfather is/was a Swede.

Yeah, maybe if Estonia would be Kazakhstan. She obviously feels Swede and she has received a lot of support there. And as we see in Gabriele Bertasiute case, Sweden is a country that is more likely to get new players than lose them.
IK I was joking

But in all seriousness, it does seem like she likes the country and I could see her having a big presence there in the future It would help if she spoke Estonian...

I know that Gabriele is Lithuanian but did she move to Sweden or was she always Swedish? Soon they'll get Majeric

Out of Curiosity, is ETL very supportive in particular financially?

Quote:
Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 10:14 AM   #2074
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know that Gabriele is Lithuanian but did she move to Sweden or was she always Swedish? Soon they'll get Majeric

Out of Curiosity, is ETL very supportive in particular financially?
She moved to Sweden when she was ten years old.

ETL mostly supports juniors (through the SEB Tallink Team, which became de facto Estonian Youth Selected Team this year), meaning that they are paying for certain competitions and training camps. For example, current Bulgarian ITF junior tournaments are such "designated" tournaments and there was a training camp before that.
Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 04:08 PM   #2075
country flag chingching

Quote:
She moved to Sweden when she was ten years old.

ETL mostly supports juniors (through the SEB Tallink Team, which became de facto Estonian Youth Selected Team this year), meaning that they are paying for certain competitions and training camps. For example, current Bulgarian ITF junior tournaments are such "designated" tournaments and there was a training camp before that.
That makes so much more sense So who is in this team?

BTW, Anett has started She had 3 BPs in the opening game which she of course lost but just held comfortably It is 15-15 now Anett really needs to take advantage of Oudin's errors

Quote:
Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 05:53 PM   #2076
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Quote:
That makes so much more sense So who is in this team?
At the moment:

U18 A Team: Kenneth Raisma, Mattias Siimar, Kristjan Tamm, Valeria Gorlats, Erika Hendsel
U 18 B Team: Birgit Burk, Christopher Robin Klettenberg, Jana Kuzovkova, Hendrik Inno, Kristofer Siimar, Henri Nael, Karl Magnus Vuuk, Martin Valdo Randpere

U14 A Team: Aleksander Georg Mändma, Carol Plakk, Sofia Cheklystova
U14 B Team: Maria Lota Kaul,Hella Linda Sepman, Maileen Nuudi, Elena Malõgina, Saara Orav, Daniil Glinka, Robin
Erik Parts, Carl Bret Parko, Johannes Seeman

U12 Team: Aleksander Mändma, Oskar Erik Hakonen, Rain Uustalo, Carol Plakk, Sofia Cheklystova, Lissi Kubre
Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 05:56 PM   #2077
country flag chingching

Quote:
At the moment:

U18 A Team: Kenneth Raisma, Mattias Siimar, Kristjan Tamm, Valeria Gorlats, Erika Hendsel
U 18 B Team: Birgit Burk, Christopher Robin Klettenberg, Jana Kuzovkova, Hendrik Inno, Kristofer Siimar, Henri Nael, Karl Magnus Vuuk, Martin Valdo Randpere

U14 A Team: Aleksander Georg Mändma, Carol Plakk, Sofia Cheklystova
U14 B Team: Maria Lota Kaul,Hella Linda Sepman, Maileen Nuudi, Elena Malõgina, Saara Orav, Daniil Glinka, Robin
Erik Parts, Carl Bret Parko, Johannes Seeman

U12 Team: Aleksander Mändma, Oskar Erik Hakonen, Rain Uustalo, Carol Plakk, Sofia Cheklystova, Lissi Kubre
Cool I remember watching them run out a few years ago to be announced Anyway, what is the difference between the Grades? And has Tatjana quit tennis? Finally, do they do things like train together or only go to tournaments etc.

Oh, and BTW, Anett will get a new Career High in Singles most likely

Quote:
Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 06:17 PM   #2078
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Anyway, what is the difference between the Grades? And has Tatjana quit tennis? Finally, do they do things like train together or only go to tournaments etc.
A team get more money.

Don't think so.

Most of the time they are training separately with their personal trainers, but they have team camps too. Plus they are advised about stuff like physical preparation, sports psychology etc.

These are official criterias, which are not always strictly followed (especially with younger kids)

Old Apr 24th, 2014, 03:04 AM   #2079
country flag chingching

Re: Estonian Tennis

I see. No one really meets the criteria except maybe Mattias and Kenneth And Valeria at a pinch + Erika if she kept playing Juniors...

IIRC Anett was not involved even when she was young so did she just outshine them? Also, are her parents wealthy because I remember she was keeping all her prize money and travelling to a lot of places not earning a massive amount? If I was her parent I wouldn't let her keep 20K from 2 Miami R1 losses

Quote:
Old Apr 24th, 2014, 06:09 AM   #2080
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

That team is working only from 2011, so there really was not much point for Anett to join it. Also before this year, Raisma was not a member, as he had personal sponsors and it somehow was an obstacle.
Old Apr 24th, 2014, 07:28 AM   #2081
country flag chingching

Quote:
That team is working only from 2011, so there really was not much point for Anett to join it. Also before this year, Raisma was not a member, as he had personal sponsors and it somehow was an obstacle.
Yeah I know he has a website

Anett definitely has personal sponsors and I agree there really wasn't much point because she was so far ahead of everyone around her... What was there before 2011?

And what has happened to Tatja?

Wasn't Eva also not in the SEB Tallink Team...

Quote:
Old Apr 24th, 2014, 07:34 AM   #2082
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Anett definitely has personal sponsors and I agree there really wasn't much point because she was so far ahead of everyone around her... What was there before 2011?

And what has happened to Tatja?

Wasn't Eva also not in the SEB Tallink Team...
Players were supported by individual deals, I believe.

Nothing She played in Fed Cup and 15k.

Eva was a member in 2011 and 2012.
Old Apr 24th, 2014, 07:36 AM   #2083
country flag chingching

Quote:
Players were supported by individual deals, I believe.

Nothing She played in Fed Cup and 15k.

Eva was a member in 2011 and 2012.
So is the funding for tournaments, all tennis or coaching...

It just seems like she has stopped because she hasn't played Pro Circuit, Juniors and very little on ETL's tennis tour...

Quote:
Old Apr 24th, 2014, 11:30 AM   #2084
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Quote:
So is the funding for tournaments, all tennis or coaching...
Mainly for competitions (team pays for certain number of tournaments and partially some more) and training camps.
Old Apr 25th, 2014, 05:38 AM   #2085
country flag chingching

Kenneth made the QFs in the G3 beating Top 100 Ranked 17 Year Old Olexiy Kolisnyk 2-6 6-4 7-6(4) Unfortunately I think he may have injured himself because he had to pull out of Singles and Doubles Still a great week He will definitely get a new Career High for a week before his points from the G3 in Morocco come off

Also, I didn't know he was from Tartu

Quote: