Maria s ranking. - Page 74 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 15th, 2014, 03:14 PM   #1096
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria s ranking.

Maria`s ranking right now is #9 !

Let`s hope that Maria won`t fall out of Top 10

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 15th, 2014, 03:59 PM   #1097
country flag shaktincredible

shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold

i dont care about her ranking. the titles (especially slam) is what matter the most.

SUICIDE title : prague 2009, Moskow 2010, Paris 2011
FITD title : Stuttgart 2012
shaktincredible is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2014, 04:47 PM   #1098
country flag malarkist

malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute

^^ true dat!
she can be top 20. but ill be able to sleep sound knowing she's the RG or wimbledon champ
malarkist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2014, 09:38 PM   #1099
country flag Ziggy88

Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light

Totally agree.. Her rankings don't bother me. For as long as she's still there playing her heart out.. I'm good.
Ziggy88 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2014, 12:27 AM   #1100
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future

Her ranking effects her seeding - The lower her seeding the higher ranked opponents in the earlier stages of a tournament and the more difficult it is for Masha to go deep in tournaments - Hence her ranking matters and I'm surprised some of you can not see such a simple fact
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2014, 08:35 AM   #1101
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

like everyone else said, her ranking doesn't really matter as long as she plays up to her potential...since we have a clay season rollin' now, expect her to rack up plenty of points again and probably rise in the rankings pretty soon. No worries here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2014, 05:04 PM   #1102
country flag effedcamel

effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
like everyone else said, her ranking doesn't really matter as long as she plays up to her potential...since we have a clay season rollin' now, expect her to rack up plenty of points again and probably rise in the rankings pretty soon. No worries here
Isn't she only able to defend her points from last year without much to gain?
Old Apr 16th, 2014, 05:39 PM   #1103
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaFan01 View Post
Her ranking effects her seeding - The lower her seeding the higher ranked opponents in the earlier stages of a tournament and the more difficult it is for Masha to go deep in tournaments - Hence her ranking matters and I'm surprised some of you can not see such a simple fact
If Maria is playing her best, it doesn't matter at what stage of a tournament she faces the Vikas, Petras, Li Nas, she should be able to beat them whether its the quarters or the semis. The only problem would occur if she draws Serena in the quarters or R16, and we'll just have to hope that doesn't happen. The ranking takes care of itself with good results, so that's what I'm more concerned with

Quote:
Originally Posted by effedcamel View Post
Yes. She will have trouble sticking in the Top 10 with all the points she has to defend, but she can make some up at Rome at least. Thankfully she doesn't have anything to defend over the summer
Old Apr 16th, 2014, 06:19 PM   #1104
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by effedcamel View Post
She has plenty to gain in Rome at least...as for her RG seeding, hopefully and thankfully she'll not fall below 12th in the rankings in order to avoid seeds 1-4 in the R16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2014, 08:19 PM   #1105
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
...since we have a clay season rollin' now, expect her to rack up plenty of points again and probably rise in the rankings pretty soon. No worries here
No offense but it seems to me that you and the others you're referring to don't comprehend how the ranking system works - Like last year Masha must at least win Stuttgart once again and reach both the final in Madrid and the French Open in order not to lose ranking points - If she gets defeated in earlier rounds in those tournaments then she'll lose additional ranking points instead - All we can hope for is that she can keep her ranking point losses to a minimum until Wimbledon and hope that she can gain as many new ranking points @ Wimbledon (she needs at least reach beyond R2 there) - the USO and all the Asian tournaments she's playing - These are the tournaments in which Masha only has to defend a few ranking points @ Wimbledon and - due to her absence - none in the Asian tournaments

Let's hope that Masha has regained top form by then and that she at least can go far in the remaining slams and win one of the remaining Asian tournaments - In that case Masha maybe have a chance to end up among the top 8 and and be qualified to play the Year End Championship in Singapore - Therefor No worries here seems to be a kind of overoptimistic statement - You can however never tell with Masha - Since it's an even year she might win either Wimbledon (!!!!) or the USO and in that case it doesn't really matter where in the rankings she ends up because such a major victory (+2000 ranking points) will make everything else irrelevant
GO Masha!!!

Link: How the WTA Ranking System Works

Last edited by MashaFan01 : Apr 17th, 2014 at 09:16 AM.
Old Apr 16th, 2014, 08:48 PM   #1106
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

^^^

Leave it to you to think that when everyone feels differently than you do, it's US who aren't thinking about this properly

It seriously sounds like you think ranking is more important than results, or just don't have enough faith that Maria can beat a Li Na or Radwanska in the 4th round or quarters as opposed to semis or finals
Old Apr 16th, 2014, 08:54 PM   #1107
country flag MashaFan01

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlopPoova View Post
^^^

Leave it to you to think that when everyone feels differently than you do, it's US who aren't thinking about this properly

It seriously sounds like you think ranking is more important than results, or just don't have enough faith that Maria can beat a Li Na or Radwanska in the 4th round or quarters as opposed to semis or finals
All I do is to point at the facts - Feel free to feel differently - that's your prerogative - However a player's ranking is important no matter how much you wanna deny it - It makes a huge difference seeding wise if you're ranked in the top 4 than for example #12
BTW - I have faith in Masha but I'm also trying to be realistic and do not live in la la fantasy land - I'm at least not the one running around using FlopPoova as my handle

Last edited by MashaFan01 : Apr 16th, 2014 at 09:07 PM.
Old Apr 16th, 2014, 09:26 PM   #1108
country flag malarkist

malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlopPoova View Post
^^^

you must spread some Reputation around before giving it to FlopPoova again.
malarkist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 01:14 PM   #1109
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaFan01 View Post

And for a former #1 player like Maria to be ranked outside Top 10 is embarrassing

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 03:00 PM   #1110
country flag jacobruiz
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute

I imagine one of Maria's many goals this year is, among other things, to play well enough to qualify for the YEC and not finish out of the top ten.

That is certainly one of my goals for her, too.

AT LONG LAST!!!! The DEMOCRATS BACK IN POWER!!!
OH, SAY DOES THE STAR-SPANGLED BANNER YET WAVE........ YES!!! YES!!!! YEESSSS!!!!! Don't waver, Mr. President - the people voted for you AND your agenda!!
Missouri State Fair - yet another reason to ban rodeos
jacobruiz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote