Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 7 - Page 88 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 9th, 2014, 11:48 AM   #1306
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Personally, I think 'lack of confidence' is just another excuse. It's been 3 years now. 3 years.

IMHO it's technical deficiencies, notably on the FH wing. When a player cannot hit 3 FH rally shots in a row without netting the ball, its a technical deficiency rather than lack of confidence. Again imho of course.
It's both. Sometimes her forehand holds up quite well. But as is the case with most other players with a technical deficiency it's a players' weakest strokes that break down in moments of crisis or when things get tight. For Caroline it's that forehand and her serve. I don't think there's much she can do about that serve. It looks technically pretty sound to me as it is and while it's not a strenght, it's not any worse than the serve of most other girls. But the forehand is something she CAN improve imo. Sam Smith has said several times that she doesn't understand why she doesn't. It's nowhere near as complicated as changing your service action. It would be relatively simple to do and the rewards could be huge according to Smith. And of course, once that forehand would improve, so would her confidence as a result.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 9th, 2014, 08:19 PM   #1307
country flag Blackowl_1

Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all

Caro thanked Monterrey in a tweet for having her,and said she will see them next year.So she isn't going to retire this year,and we know her first MM next year
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 10:02 PM   #1308
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

^ I am not sure, we should read too much into that. She always says something along those lines and often doesn't return. ...

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 10:04 PM   #1309
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackowl_1 View Post
Caro thanked Monterrey in a tweet for having her,and said she will see them next year.So she isn't going to retire this year,and we know her first MM next year
The way things are going, she will be able to play all the MMs she wants next year... unless they have changed the rules, the limitation of 2 MMs only applies to top 10 players, I think.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

💨💦☁⚡"Even the darkest night will end and "Sunshine" will rise" ⛅☀🌞🌻
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 10:19 PM   #1310
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

As long as she cant get out of week 1 at majors, I dont think playing 2 Intl's or 10 makes much difference.
She has to be able to show up ready and capable at big tournaments.
If Rory cant do it either, at least he has 2 majors already.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2014, 07:03 PM   #1311
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackowl_1 View Post
And off the topic question - what do you think Caroline's biggest chance to win a grand slam was?
AO 2011 obviously, as mentioned already by some other posters. But she's had a few decent chances over the years, I think.

FO 2010 was looking good. Stosur was defeating the most difficult opponents in the other half (Serena and Henin). Caro was in the QF against Schiavone, a player who in spite of having played slams for 10 consecutive seasons at this point of her career had never reached a SF before! Furthermore, Caro is 5-0 agianst Schiavone since that FO quarter final! So a Caro win wouldn't be a total surprise. But Fran was too good on the day, I'll admit as much. The SF opponent would have been an injured Dementieva, who retired in the SF against Fran. And anything could have happened in a final aginst Stosur. Stosur was good that year, but she was somehow affected of being in her first slam final.

USO 2010 was another good opportunity for Caro. She defeated Vera three times in the course of two months of the autumn of 2010: Montreal final, Beijing final, and YEC semi final. But she lost the USO SF to Vera. Caro could just as well have won judging by her results during the fall of 2010. But Clijsters would have been too tough in the final (again).
angliru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 10:23 PM   #1312
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Vacation time is almost over. Next up is red clay. Stuttgart, where Caroline was in the 2011 final.
Last year Caroline lost her 1st match at Stuttgart, Madrid and Rome. Cant do worse than that!

Old Apr 15th, 2014, 11:40 PM   #1313
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Vacation time is almost over. Next up is red clay. Stuttgart, where Caroline was in the 2011 final.
Last year Caroline lost her 1st match at Stuttgart, Madrid and Rome. Cant do worse than that!
Oh yes she can. Because of her lower ranking there probably won't be anymore bye's in the first round. So if she loses her first match now she's actually out one round earlier than last year. Go Caro!
Old Apr 16th, 2014, 06:07 AM   #1314
country flag Suit Up!

Suit Up! has a brilliant future Suit Up! has a brilliant future Suit Up! has a brilliant future Suit Up! has a brilliant future Suit Up! has a brilliant future Suit Up! has a brilliant future Suit Up! has a brilliant future Suit Up! has a brilliant future Suit Up! has a brilliant future Suit Up! has a brilliant future Suit Up! has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Oh yes she can. Because of her lower ranking there probably won't be anymore bye's in the first round. So if she loses her first match now she's actually out one round earlier than last year. Go Caro!
she didnt have any byes last year either...

TENNIS TIPPING
SINGLES - RANK: 134 TITLES: 2014 Prague 100K+H
DOUBLES - RANK: 148 (w/ the walking bye) TITLES: 2014 Barnstaple 25K (w/ the walking bye)
Suit Up! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2014, 12:27 PM   #1315
country flag goldenlox

Clay will tell how much effort she is putting into her tennis.
I thought she did well in 2011, won Brussels & Charleston, final in Stuttgart, close semi with Sharapova in Rome. Disappointing loss in FO to Hantuchova, but overall, she put a lot of effort into her clay matches.
But the last 2 years, she doesnt win matches, especially 2013.

Old Apr 16th, 2014, 09:16 PM   #1316
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by wozniackiaus View Post
she didnt have any byes last year either...
I see. You have to forgive me, I'm getting older by the day, so my memory is not what it used to be.
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 02:46 PM   #1317
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Omg I just realized Caroline is unseeded at Stuttgart !

And not even close to be seeded. Caro`s only #12. Shows how deep she has fallen

I really hope Caro surprises us with a great tournament. Final like 2011 ?

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 05:10 PM   #1318
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
Omg I just realized Caroline is unseeded at Stuttgart !

And not even close to be seeded. Caro`s only #12. Shows how deep she has fallen

I really hope Caro surprises us with a great tournament. Final like 2011 ?
I am surprised by the full last 2 years. Not only that she's unseeded,
that she goes through coaches in a few weeks, doesnt make any deep slam runs, only one title (Lux) in over a year and a half.
The whole situation is shocking when you think about where she was 3 years ago.

Old Apr 17th, 2014, 05:50 PM   #1319
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Well let see how it goes this clay season I still wish she would stayed with Micheal as her coach but she prefer her dad over anyone ATM, I just hoping for an deep run at least one slam this yr if not that I hope she can win two titles
Trey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 07:05 PM   #1320
country flag goldenlox

I hope she can turn things around, because history wont be kind.
Kournikova was in a Wimbledon semifinal at 16. 2nd youngest ever. Was in the Miami final at 16.
She beat Davenport and Capriati several times, beat Seles and Hingis and a lot of good players.
People talk about her like she was a model who couldnt play tennis.

Caroline keeps playing like this, people will say it was weak era, she was never any good.
I can see it coming from that GM thread.