Your tennis results?! - Page 115 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 12th, 2014, 11:49 AM   #1711
country flag Jason A.

Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold
Re: Your tennis results?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
You don't even post here.

The reason I asked is because EVERYONE else has said stuff about their ranks and the tournaments they are going to play giving a basic description of what they want to achieve in tennis whilst Kev has not said anything so I asked and then he reacted like immature child that he is because he thinks that EVERYTHING I say is a personal attack which is simply incorrect. The only criticism I have had of him the WHOLE time since my return was that he made many mistakes in an Ethnic Background thread in which it is stupid to put forth answers if you don't know them because it misinforms the hundreds of subscribers. If he put that in an obsolete Non-Tennis thread I would have no problem I just thought it was vastly inappropriate for him to put forth blatantly wrong answers in a thread which depends on accuracy And I am not always giving him a hard time aside from maybe the fact that he hates my existence as a poster I know he has voiced that loud and clear (although he was wondering why I hadn't returned to the forum and knew to the day when my ban was ending which surprised me) but if he feels that way, he can put me on ignore. Anyway, to tell you the truth, although sometimes he is nice to me and says constructive things, I feel that way about him most of the time as well so if it is me pissing him off because I am on this forum well then he is guilty of the same crime I have tried to be nice to him many times in which he has not reciprocated so I have given up and am now civil most of the time and criticise his errors As I already said, if he can't deal with my comments then he can A) Quit, B) put me on ignore or C) report all my posts in the hope that I will be permabanned. It is up to him and unfortunately nothing of what you/he has said is true.

I find it so sad that it is the posters of my own country who are the only people I can't get along with as a group Luckily now there are a few exceptions
Thanks for taking the time to answer my question, but I think that I've got an even better answer for it than you do. The one that I've come up with is that you do these things because you just can't help yourself. That's why people try to reason with you but always end up failing; that's why mods ban you but always to no avail. You are who you are, and that's that, period. In that case, there really is no point in me saying anything more about the subject because everything I'd say would just be falling on deaf ears, so over and out...
Jason A. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 12th, 2014, 03:12 PM   #1712
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason A. View Post
Thanks for taking the time to answer my question, but I think that I've got an even better answer for it than you do. The one that I've come up with is that you do these things because you just can't help yourself. That's why people try to reason with you but always end up failing; that's why mods ban you but always to no avail. You are who you are, and that's that, period. In that case, there really is no point in me saying anything more about the subject because everything I'd say would just be falling on deaf ears, so over and out...
You think you know me better than I do, are you deluded? You even said yourself that I answered your question but you think you know my reasons better than I do. Don't get involved in conversations A) you have no reason to be a part of and B) you can't keep up with. And how was Kev. saying he didn't care what I thought an attempt at reasoning with me?

Just leave this thread to its purpose: discussing tennis results. It was totally on topic until you came with no arguments so unless you would like to contribute, please leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Vika View Post
57 60 61 win #PeakWTA

11 doubles

He was such a pusher, it was quite annoying getting back all his topspin moonballs. Next two sets, i used the fast indoor surface to my advantage an ball bashed all his moonballs.
HAHA PEAK Great win though, it shows you are the better player How is tennis run in Russia out of curiosity in terms of tournaments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idemo View Post
Thanks both of you.

Well, I managed to get through that match 7-5 1-6 10-7. Nearly choked it away though. Was up 9-4, and double-faulted at 9-6. The 2nd serve I hit at 9-7 made Errani look like Andy Roddick.

In my 2nd match, I was playing the 5th seed. I went down 0-2*, and had to stop myself from my usual negative train of though. I broke back for *1-2, before ending up getting some momentum and jumping out to a *3-2 lead, before getting myself 5-3* up. And that was when it all changed. When serving for it at *5-4, I missed a simple forehand long, double faulted, double faulted again, and dumped a backhand into the net. I went on to lose 5-7 1-6. For the first 9 games of the match, I'd been managing to play like I do in practice. But then I got in my own way. The 2nd set was a total write-off.

As for the consol match, well... "atrocious" doesn't quite do justice to what I produced on court. I was managing to play as badly as humanly possible; it was more like baseball than tennis.

But at least now I know what it feels like to play as badly as I possibly can. I CAN SINK NO LOWER!!
You should be really proud of yourself for winning that Super. I still think your day was a success because completely excluding your conso match you achieved 2 great things: won a match when you doubted yourself and proved to yourself you could hold it with better ranked players Just remember that as you go into your next tournament and you will win both in straights :yeah So what did you do to win your super and get up in the next match And how many points do you get

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2014, 07:20 PM   #1713
country flag Idemo

Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute Idemo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You should be really proud of yourself for winning that Super. I still think your day was a success because completely excluding your conso match you achieved 2 great things: won a match when you doubted yourself and proved to yourself you could hold it with better ranked players Just remember that as you go into your next tournament and you will win both in straights :yeah So what did you do to win your super and get up in the next match And how many points do you get
Yeah, I suppose you're right. It's just that everything that happened from 5-3 up in my 2nd match completely ruined my mood for the rest of the day, because of the manner in which it happened. But I've slept it off.

When we started the super, I went after my serve on the first point and forced a backhand return error, so that put me up *1-4. And then on the next point I hit a pretty decent angled forehand return off his 2nd serve which he could only dump into the net. After then, I just tried to stay relatively consistent.

In the next match, I just came out super aggressively, actually hitting backhand winners off his kick 2nd serves (which has been a big weakness of mine for a long time), hitting some aces, and managing to moonball my way out of trouble whenever I needed to. But then my brain got in the way.

I think it was only 2 or 3 points. But still, something is always better than nothing.
DOUBLES TITLES: 2014 Quebec City (w/goOudinUSA), 2014 Biarritz $100K (w/HenryMag.), 2014 Nottingham $50K (w/cornet224),
2014 Melbourne $15K (w/cornet224)

Last edited by Idemo : Apr 12th, 2014 at 07:28 PM.
Idemo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2014, 10:09 PM   #1714
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

The dream died in the quarterfinals this morning. Won the first two games, lost the next 11, won the next three, then got broken to end it 6-2, 6-3. The guy was a Pusher with a capital P, and I bricked a ton of overheads, which is probably what I'll be working on exclusively Monday.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2014, 11:20 PM   #1715
country flag Queen Vika

Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

HAHA PEAK Great win though, it shows you are the better player How is tennis run in Russia out of curiosity in terms of tournaments
The is the Russian Tennis Tour (PTT) and TE and CFT among others. I like playing PTT's because they always have age tournaments, so i rarely play anyone beyond two years of my age. It is really hard to play them because like Australia, Russia is a big country, and i'm not driving to Sochi or Perm just to lose first round
Azarenka Ivanovic Sharapova Safina Pierce Kournikova Vaidišova Kirilenko Capriati Zvonareva Davenport Hingis Dementieva Venus Jankovic Bencic Chakvetadze Kvitova Schnyder Kuznetsova Myskina Wozniacki Henin Giorgi Svitolina Townsend Schmiedlova Petkovic Zhang Duan

Is Her Last Name Ivanovic?!

AO 95 97 98 99 00 01 02 04 08 12 13 FO 00 01 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 12 14 WC 97 99 00 01 04 05 07 08 11 14 US 97 98 00 01 03 04 06 07
Queen Vika is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2014, 06:21 AM   #1716
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Vika View Post
The is the Russian Tennis Tour (PTT) and TE and CFT among others. I like playing PTT's because they always have age tournaments, so i rarely play anyone beyond two years of my age. It is really hard to play them because like Australia, Russia is a big country, and i'm not driving to Sochi or Perm just to lose first round
But surely they have many of them in Moscow...

Anyway, something that happens a lot at younger age group is that people just push because no offence, but a lot of young people are stupid and just bash. Therefore variety is key to victory. Most of the people I play though just slap everything BTW, everyone who next signs up for Tennis AUstralia membership has to pu their club as Tennisforum : D

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2014, 06:39 AM   #1717
country flag The Walking Bye

The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future

Just leave this thread to its purpose: discussing tennis results. It was totally on topic until you came with no arguments so unless you would like to contribute, please leave.

On topic is talking about who the people you know are gay? Oh, I thought it meant something else

Don't kill me chingching I was joking
Here a mug, there a mug
Everywhere a mugmug
Old McStacey had a farm
E-I-E-I-O.
The Walking Bye is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2014, 06:40 AM   #1718
country flag The Walking Bye

The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future The Walking Bye has a brilliant future

Btw congrats Idemo, just get over the random concentration/nerves thing and you'll be awesome!
Here a mug, there a mug
Everywhere a mugmug
Old McStacey had a farm
E-I-E-I-O.
The Walking Bye is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2014, 08:14 AM   #1719
country flag Queen Vika

Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But surely they have many of them in Moscow...

Anyway, something that happens a lot at younger age group is that people just push because no offence, but a lot of young people are stupid and just bash. Therefore variety is key to victory. Most of the people I play though just slap everything BTW, everyone who next signs up for Tennis AUstralia membership has to pu their club as Tennisforum : D
The difference between Russia and Australia is that there more cities, but there are at least three that I have played in Moscow and Saint Petersburg. Until I was 10 I pushed, and then I realised, wait, I'm not winning anything, so I developed a game with variety and building points, good thing I have speed and anticipation. And when I sign up, I will definitely put TF as my club
Azarenka Ivanovic Sharapova Safina Pierce Kournikova Vaidišova Kirilenko Capriati Zvonareva Davenport Hingis Dementieva Venus Jankovic Bencic Chakvetadze Kvitova Schnyder Kuznetsova Myskina Wozniacki Henin Giorgi Svitolina Townsend Schmiedlova Petkovic Zhang Duan

Is Her Last Name Ivanovic?!

AO 95 97 98 99 00 01 02 04 08 12 13 FO 00 01 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 12 14 WC 97 99 00 01 04 05 07 08 11 14 US 97 98 00 01 03 04 06 07
Queen Vika is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2014, 07:24 PM   #1720
country flag Proflyer98

Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of

Played my friend yesterday for the first time outdoors since it was nice weather and we set up the nets. We both played absolutely horribly since it was our first time outdoors with the sun and wind around us but we still decided to play a match. So basically no one could hold for the first four games until I held serve for 3-2. He then held his and we kept giving each other breaks and holding until 6-6. I even had set point at 6-5 but I screwed it up. So we went into tiebreak with me leading 4-2 and then I choked I guess and ended up gifting away the set 8-6. So i lost the first set 7-6 (8-6). So I was really angry because I knew I should have won, anyways we went on to play the second set where we both played a little bit better because we adjusted to the conditions and I came out to a 2-0 lead before he caught up to 2-2 and then he held serve so it was 3-2 for him. Then I held 3-3. and then he broke for 4-3 and then i broke back again lol for 4-4. From then I somehow broke with really consistent but horrible play and then managed to hold serve with a few good serves so I took the second set 6-4. We weren't able to finish it since it was dark so we decided to continue next time anyways ill fill you in then if you guys care lol. :P
Vesna Dolonc
Aleksandra Krunic
Jovana Jaksic
Proflyer98 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2014, 07:30 AM   #1721
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday I played my cousin again and this time won 6-4 5-7 6-2 (although it should've been much easier)
Playing solid up 4-0* had some chances to break but couldn't take it. So it went *4-1, 4-2*, *5-2, 5-3*, *5-4. I was such a headcase I failed to close it out until finally I could. Second set broke and went up 2-0 and then it became 4-2 where some very loose errors came and it got back to 4-4* where I then broke and was serving for it at *5-4 and ofc I double fault it away and soon I was angry, lost concentration and lost the set quickly. Final set, started very well, hit many winners in the first few games (its hard to hit winners against him because he attacks so well as well as defends so well and usually I am able to construct myself into a winning position but fail to execute it) and my forehand was working really well and I just kept going in that third and won it easily. Overall I think I played well and stayed consistent and strong in the tense moments. I didn't hit many winners (maybe 12?) and maybe around 30 UE which is pretty low, I think he hit ~22 winners to like ~45 UE. Maybe served around 60% first serves and 8ish double faults (which is pretty good for me).

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2014, 06:28 AM   #1722
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

blurry pics from that day

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 03:20 PM   #1723
country flag Spencer.
Backhand Pays the Bills

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute

Made it to the Playoff Rounds of my tennis league last weekend

Match 1: W 6-1 3-6 6-3!

Set 1 was fairly simple. I broke for *2-0 and he broke back, but from that point on I played really consistent with good depth. I knew I was playing well and was in control. He came to the net a lot and my passing shots were on point. Something which is usually not common

Set 2 was tougher. I ALWAYS start thinking too much after an easy 1st set. Always. I need some good mental tips because as expected, I started leaking errors, and my feet stopped moving. Credit goes to my opponent as well because his net play was better. He hit some good drop volleys and had some better smashes. His 1st serve was really flat, and that % improved. He broke for *2-0 but I broke back and after a big game, I lost it for 1-3* and we just held serve until he won the set.

Set 3 I started as if we hadn't just played 2 sets. Got an early break for *2-0 but he broke back. Then I broke again for *3-1 and we just kept holding serve until it was my time to serve for the match at *5-3. THANK GOD I WAS SERVING 1ST in that final set because I get so nervous! I of course am down 0-40 within about 1 minute, but I was able to hit some good shots and get gifted by an error or two from him, and before I knew it, it was deuce. I think that calmed me a bit, because he hit 2 UEs and I won 6-1 3-6 6-3! I was really happy, especially since it'd been about 2 straight weeks of not playing! I did a doubles round robin the night before for about 2 hours, but it was just for fun and not competitive.
Spencer. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 03:36 PM   #1724
country flag Spencer.
Backhand Pays the Bills

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute

Playoff Rounds continued:

Match 2: L 6-2 4-6 1-6

To preface, I played my R1 match Saturday at 7 pm and we were done at 9:15 pm. My R2 match we started play on Sunday at 10 am. So little time
The guy I played had actually beaten the guy I beat in my R1 match. He beat him... 6-0 6-1 I wasn't sure how well it was going to go

Set 1 was more of me hitting nice and consistent. It didn't feel like I played 3 sets the night before. His 1st serve was unreliable, his 2nd serve was Errani-esque and he hit a lot of errors into the net. I was hitting my FH really well (I was so happy lol) and my BH was decent. Broke for 2-0*, he held for *2-1, and I got up to 5-1* SET POINT, but lost it. I served for the set at *5-2, and I believe I saved a BP and he hit some errors and the set was mine.

Set 2 once again I started thinking. BUT, the guy I played was my age, in school as well, so it felt like more of a friendly match instead of a Playoff Round match. We would talk about random stuff between games so it was more relaxing, which I think helped me. He broke me for *2-0 but I got back on serve for *1-2. We kept holding serve, and my energy was draining REALLY fast. It was a hot day, pretty humid, and I'm not in the best shape/the best athlete anyway, so I knew I needed to finish it soon. We kept holding serve until I had a BP at 3-3, to go up *4-3, but I didn't get it and was down *3-4. I was getting so tired but I got an easy hold for 4-4, and this entire set had such long rallies. He executed drop shots REALLY well which was rough on me He has a really nice FH slice, and made me move more. I was serving at 4-5* and got broken to love and there's the set.

Set 3 he held easily, and I was just trying to have fun because I had about 5% energy left and my feet were melted to the court and not moving well I had 40-15 and another GP at Adv in that game but lost it and I think I had a BP too, but went down *0-3. We then had to move to a new court because he reserved it for 2 hours but the time was up, so we went to a public court about a minute away. That helped me get some rest (I considered it a 10 minute break between set 2 and 3 ) and I held serve for 1-3*. I had a BP to get back to *2-3, but couldn't get it, and he broke me easily and then was serving for the match at 1-5*. I saved the 1st MP after a nicely placed deep FH CC that he couldn't get back (it wasn't a winner though) but I think I hit a return error or an error after 1 shot rally on the 2nd MP.

OVerall I was dead physically but I had a lot of fun and hope I can make the latter stages again next season!
Spencer. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 07:00 PM   #1725
country flag rlopen

rlopen has much to be proud of rlopen has much to be proud of rlopen has much to be proud of rlopen has much to be proud of rlopen has much to be proud of rlopen has much to be proud of rlopen has much to be proud of rlopen has much to be proud of rlopen has much to be proud of rlopen has much to be proud of rlopen has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer. View Post
Playoff Rounds continued:

Match 2: L 6-2 4-6 1-6

To preface, I played my R1 match Saturday at 7 pm and we were done at 9:15 pm. My R2 match we started play on Sunday at 10 am. So little time
The guy I played had actually beaten the guy I beat in my R1 match. He beat him... 6-0 6-1 I wasn't sure how well it was going to go

Set 1 was more of me hitting nice and consistent. It didn't feel like I played 3 sets the night before. His 1st serve was unreliable, his 2nd serve was Errani-esque and he hit a lot of errors into the net. I was hitting my FH really well (I was so happy lol) and my BH was decent. Broke for 2-0*, he held for *2-1, and I got up to 5-1* SET POINT, but lost it. I served for the set at *5-2, and I believe I saved a BP and he hit some errors and the set was mine.

Set 2 once again I started thinking. BUT, the guy I played was my age, in school as well, so it felt like more of a friendly match instead of a Playoff Round match. We would talk about random stuff between games so it was more relaxing, which I think helped me. He broke me for *2-0 but I got back on serve for *1-2. We kept holding serve, and my energy was draining REALLY fast. It was a hot day, pretty humid, and I'm not in the best shape/the best athlete anyway, so I knew I needed to finish it soon. We kept holding serve until I had a BP at 3-3, to go up *4-3, but I didn't get it and was down *3-4. I was getting so tired but I got an easy hold for 4-4, and this entire set had such long rallies. He executed drop shots REALLY well which was rough on me He has a really nice FH slice, and made me move more. I was serving at 4-5* and got broken to love and there's the set.

Set 3 he held easily, and I was just trying to have fun because I had about 5% energy left and my feet were melted to the court and not moving well I had 40-15 and another GP at Adv in that game but lost it and I think I had a BP too, but went down *0-3. We then had to move to a new court because he reserved it for 2 hours but the time was up, so we went to a public court about a minute away. That helped me get some rest (I considered it a 10 minute break between set 2 and 3 ) and I held serve for 1-3*. I had a BP to get back to *2-3, but couldn't get it, and he broke me easily and then was serving for the match at 1-5*. I saved the 1st MP after a nicely placed deep FH CC that he couldn't get back (it wasn't a winner though) but I think I hit a return error or an error after 1 shot rally on the 2nd MP.

OVerall I was dead physically but I had a lot of fun and hope I can make the latter stages again next season!
I sympathize with you. One time in a tournament I finished at 11:00 P.M. and had to be there at 8 A.M. the next day with Daylight Savings Time moving ahead...
rlopen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote