Yulia Beygelzimer cheering thread - Page 23 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 13th, 2014, 01:49 PM   #331
country flag David Barker

David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Yulia Beygelzimer cheering thread

Yuliya and Olga won the championship match beating Koukalova and Niculescu, the number 1 seeds 64 57 10-7.
There were dramas for Yuliya and Olga as they served for the match at 64 53 , only to lose the next 4 games....
Showed a lot of guts to fight back in the match tie break in the final set, they led 72 and 84, only to be pegged back to 87.....very tense, then two good serving points saw them through...
It would be good if the girls could play together more often .
Yuliya up to mid eighties with the new rankings tomorrow, a welcome return to the Top 100
))
David Barker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 13th, 2014, 01:51 PM   #332

David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of
Re: Yulia Beygelzimer cheering thread

This is Yuliya's third WTA title in doubles, the other two were in 2003 and 2005.
Old Apr 13th, 2014, 03:21 PM   #333
country flag Mathijs

Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute

Well done for Yuliya an Olga as well offcourse! A good fight back and a well deserved title! Nice to see Yuliya back in to the top 100, a good week.. now onwards!

Once a Lena fan, always a Lena fan!
Chief Officer of the new SS Dementieva
Admirer of the sky and all its stars and constellations at night
FC Groningen, olé olé olé, Groningen olé Groningen olé FC Groningen olé olé olé
Mathijs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2014, 05:34 PM   #334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathijs View Post
Well done for Yuliya an Olga as well offcourse! A good fight back and a well deserved title! Nice to see Yuliya back in to the top 100, a good week.. now onwards!
Yes onwards and upwards.

It is possible to see the final stages of the tie break yesterday in their SF match...in general messages.
Yuliya played brilliantly to pick up a ball at 10-10 in that tie break,and then intercepted with a superb volley to set up the teams second match point. And the rest is history
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 09:20 AM   #335

Yuliya up 32 places in the new WTA rankings, from 117 to 85

171 singles. Next stop a 50K in Istanbul next week..

Olga is due in Kuala Lumpur for a tournament this week, I guess she will be on court again tomorrow.....blimey!
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 12:05 PM   #336
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on winning WTA Katowice doubles title with Savchuk, Yuliya !

Her 3rd WTA doubles title. 2003 Tashkent title with Poutchek, 2005 Modena with Jugic-Salkic

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 12:11 PM   #337
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...doubles-finals

Quote:
Surprise Winners In Doubles Finals

Yuliya Beygelzimer and Olga Savchuk and Lara Arruabarrena and Caroline Garcia were upset victors in the Katowice and Bogotá doubles finals, respectively.

April 13, 2014

The Katowice and Bogotá doubles finals both saw the No.1 seeds go down, at the hands of Yuliya Beygelzimer and Olga Savchuk and Lara Arruabarrena and Caroline Garcia, respectively.

Beygelzimer and Savchuk were up a set and 5-3 on Klara Koukalova and Monica Niculescu on Sunday at the BNP Paribas Katowice Open before the favorites won four straight games to force a match tie-break. But the Ukrainian pairing regained their composure and secured the 64 57 107 triumph.

"I think we played against very good opponents today," Beygelzimer said. "This gives us a bit of confidence for the future, knowing we can beat players like this. And of course, it's a great feeling to win the final. We're very happy."

As challenging as the final was, Beygelzimer and Savchuk's semifinal victory over Klaudia Jans-Ignacik and Raluca Olaru on Saturday was even more so, as they overcame three match points in the match tie-break.

This was Beygelzimer and Savchuk's first WTA doubles title as a duo, with Beygelzimer now having three as an individual and Savchuk two.

"We have played together a few times and had won an ITF title, but never a WTA one," Savchuk said. "We're really happy to end the week like this, especially after yesterday's crazy match."

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 12:53 PM   #338
country flag Mathijs

Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute Mathijs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Barker View Post
Yes onwards and upwards.

It is possible to see the final stages of the tie break yesterday in their SF match...in general messages.
Yuliya played brilliantly to pick up a ball at 10-10 in that tie break,and then intercepted with a superb volley to set up the teams second match point. And the rest is history
Thanks for that i'll take a look Onwards and upwards indeed.. Hopefully Yuliya will pick it up from where she left off... but i am pretty confident seeing this week..

Hopefully they'll team up some other time this year, Good luck for Yuliya for the 50K in Istanbul next week..

Old Apr 19th, 2014, 05:06 PM   #339
country flag Mathijs

Good luck to Yuliya in Istanbul next week... Hoping for some good results

I came across this pics of Yuliya and Olga winning the doubles in Katowice last week, have no time to post them but here's the link http://www.tennisphotoworld.com/?p=10160

Old Apr 20th, 2014, 12:20 PM   #340

Thanks very much for posting M, some brilliant pictures of their doubles win

Last edited by David Barker : Apr 20th, 2014 at 12:43 PM.
Old Apr 23rd, 2014, 08:14 PM   #341
country flag Mathijs

Call me Mat its more common around here... and my name means matthew in english so

Yuliya won her first round match in Istanbul ag. lucky loser Michaela Boev 6-1 6-2... She plays Pemra Ozgen next. Unfortunately she lost in doubles with Katerina Kozlova while being the no.2 seeds against Eraydin/Soylu
6-1 3-6 and last set 11-13.. again a long set... i really thought they would pull this one out...

Old Apr 24th, 2014, 07:11 PM   #342

Will do Mat
Old Apr 25th, 2014, 02:41 PM   #343

Yuliya had a great day today.
As there was rain yesterday YB had two matches.

R2 - def Ozgen 62 61

QF - def Camerin 36 64 62 . Not without dramas as Yuliya led 30 40-0* in the second set and 42 before being pegged back to 44. YB held her nerve to win the second set, and after saving a point to go 13 down fs, she cruised through the last five games

Yuliya reached the QF last year, so the SF ( maybe more ! ) points will be useful.
Diatchenko tomorrow which will be tough...

Good luck Yuliya
Old Apr 25th, 2014, 09:41 PM   #344
country flag Mathijs

Well done Yuliya! Indeed a great day.. Never too easy playing twice on a day but she did well.. thanks for the reports David.. Hopefully she can carry on.. Diatchenko will be tough indeed but nothing is impossible.. Good luck for tomorrow Yuliya!

Old Apr 26th, 2014, 12:39 PM   #345

Yuliya beat Vitalia Diatchenko 62 76(3) to make the final. A good win.

She will play Denisa Allertova who beat Ksenia Pervak in straight sets.

Well Mat, looks like you are bringing some good fortune to Yuliya !

Good luck tomorrow Yuliya