Anett Kontaveit - Page 175 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 7th, 2014, 12:53 PM   #2611
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

BTW, this is a mixture of good and bad news depending on who's reading it. I have asked to be banned from April 21st until May 19th so that I can prepare for exams which have a large impact on my academic future. If it is not granted I will try and find a way to enable me to avoid this wonderful distraction. I will have more details for you in the future

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 7th, 2014, 12:57 PM   #2612
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Going by the rules, she is free to play anywhere she likes, but would not get ranking points.

For years, players were simply ignoring this rule, using the fact that there was no online entry system (and later ITF IPIN and WTA systems were not compatible). So, when WTA actually started to enforce it in spring 2009, several players were hit hard. Like having the best result for years and not getting any points for it.

Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2014, 02:48 PM   #2613
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Intriguing

But even if she has a deep run in Dothan, she still won't be able to play, because she can't enter anywhere else

Are the WTA and ITF systems compatible now in a way that say you have an ITF priority 1, WTA event priority 2, and gets in to both, is it still
WTA > ITF?
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2014, 09:42 PM   #2614
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
Intriguing

But even if she has a deep run in Dothan, she still won't be able to play, because she can't enter anywhere else

Are the WTA and ITF systems compatible now in a way that say you have an ITF priority 1, WTA event priority 2, and gets in to both, is it still
WTA > ITF?
I am pretty sure she is allowed to be entered in both and will just have to pull out of one
Anyway a deep run in Dothan is more than possible

Old Apr 10th, 2014, 01:09 PM   #2615
country flag chingching

I was just reading about the threat of Russia to Estonia and the incoming NATO presence and I was just wondering how serious people in Estonia think it is My relatives don't seem very worried...

Old Apr 10th, 2014, 02:44 PM   #2616
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
I was just reading about the threat of Russia to Estonia and the incoming NATO presence and I was just wondering how serious people in Estonia think it is My relatives don't seem very worried...
In my circle of family and friends - nobody seems to be too worried, but most of us (including myself) surely have thought "what if..". My father for example is pessimistic about NATO offering any effective help (no, a couple of fighter jets won't do) in case we really need it. Some others are convinced that Russia wouldn't dare to try anything since we are in NATO.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2014, 12:38 AM   #2617
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
In my circle of family and friends - nobody seems to be too worried, but most of us (including myself) surely have thought "what if..". My father for example is pessimistic about NATO offering any effective help (no, a couple of fighter jets won't do) in case we really need it. Some others are convinced that Russia wouldn't dare to try anything since we are in NATO.
Yeah it's a bit of a mix. I mean Estonia is the best example and in some ways the only one of how well a country can do when it was released from Soviet Control and that's why for instance Russia's Eurasian Union was going to include every country from the Former USSR except Estonia and maybe Latvia and Lithuania Also Russian speakers, although they are less well of in general compared to Estonian speakers, which in my opinion is there own fault, are much happier in Estonia than in other countries in the former USSR. To tell you the honest truth I don't know why Nato moved such an insignificant force to Estonia especially given that it won't do anything to protect the country but solely provokes Russia.

Anyway, back to Anett, I think her P1 is Oeiras Qualifying. The tournament is quite strong this year which is a bit of a shame so she may not get in. If she doesn't her P2 is 50K Indian Harbour Beach and her P3 is 25K Wiesbaden which is actually stronger than the American 50K

Anyway, with all these tournament entries all over the world and the whole Qualifying Drama I think she plans to do this.

Option 1: Does well in Osprey, Plays Charlottesville and then doesn't make Oeiras Qualifying/does well in Charlottesville and plays Indian Harbour Beach.
Option 2: Doesn't do that well in Osprey, plays Marrakech Qualifying and then either plays Wiesbaden or Oeiras Qualifying.

I hope she does Option 1 but seeing her in WTA is always nice irrelevant of how she has underperformed in the this year

Old Apr 12th, 2014, 07:05 AM   #2618
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Anyway, back to Anett, I think her P1 is Oeiras Qualifying.
Actually her P1 was 75k Gifu, but she withdrew.
Old Apr 12th, 2014, 03:01 PM   #2619
country flag chingching

Quote:
Actually her P1 was 75k Gifu, but she withdrew.
OK Good so no Oeiras

Draw should be out relatively soon for Dothan and looking at the Top Seeds, she has beaten nearly all of them It would be great if she could win a 50K

Old Apr 14th, 2014, 01:21 AM   #2620
country flag jimmy55313

jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold

I have asked to be banned from April 21st until May 19th so that I can prepare for exams which have a large impact on my academic future.

Yeah I wondered where you went. Good for you.. as I said before, if you
need employees when you grow up by all means give me a call !!

Anyways looking at the acceptance list in Dothan it does'nt look like
a really tough tourney.. Anett stands a good chance here I agree.
the value of things, not the price.
jimmy55313 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 08:38 AM   #2621
country flag muusa

So how far does she have to go in Dothan in order to be "excused" of Marrakesh qualies? I'm assuming the R1 is played on Tue-Wed, R2 is played on Thu and QF is played on Fri (which is basically Saturday in Morocco already). QF surely should be enough then, maybe even R2?
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 11:58 AM   #2622
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy55313 View Post
I have asked to be banned from April 21st until May 19th so that I can prepare for exams which have a large impact on my academic future.

Yeah I wondered where you went. Good for you.. as I said before, if you
need employees when you grow up by all means give me a call !!

Anyways looking at the acceptance list in Dothan it does'nt look like
a really tough tourney.. Anett stands a good chance here I agree.
Haha Nice to see you here while Sasha waits for the Winter

Quote:
So how far does she have to go in Dothan in order to be "excused" of Marrakesh qualies? I'm assuming the R1 is played on Tue-Wed, R2 is played on Thu and QF is played on Fri (which is basically Saturday in Morocco already). QF surely should be enough then, maybe even R2?
I would say QF which frankly, unless she got a very difficult draw, I would be disappointed if she didn't make Hopefully Doubles as well

Old Apr 14th, 2014, 08:27 PM   #2623
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

$50,000 Dothan, AL (USA)

(3)Michelle Larcher De Brito (POR) v Sesil Karatantcheva (KAZ)
Chieh-Yu Hsu (USA) v Anett Kontaveit (EST)
(wc)Taylor Townsend (USA) v Montserrat Gonzalez (PAR)
(8)Victoria Duval (USA) v Q
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 08:34 PM   #2624
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Doubles third on court 3 on Tuesday, singles first on court 4 on Wednesday.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 09:13 PM   #2625
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
$50,000 Dothan, AL (USA)

(3)Michelle Larcher De Brito (POR) v Sesil Karatantcheva (KAZ)
Chieh-Yu Hsu (USA) v Anett Kontaveit (EST)
(wc)Taylor Townsend (USA) v Montserrat Gonzalez (PAR)
(8)Victoria Duval (USA) v Q
Tough section Still, quite a good Round 1 and Michelle is beatable Vicky will be tough but Anett beat her last time they played

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
Doubles third on court 3 on Tuesday, singles first on court 4 on Wednesday.
Playing with Kremen Love the pusher/ball-basher combo Win some matches girls