Ema Mikulcic cheering thread - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 31st, 2014, 06:36 AM   #106
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ema Mikulcic cheering thread

She dropped 6 places in the singles rankings this week, to 428, but it's worth noting that her race ranking is actually in the top 300, even after this week's fall of 20 or so spots
ma re is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 1st, 2014, 02:07 PM   #107
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

In the opening round she took care of Stamatova, a Bulgarian with a current ranking of 529 and a career-high one of 504, it was 4:6, 6:3, 6:3.

Probably a bit tougher than most of us expected, but a win is a win I guess. Maybe she just needs a few sets to settle into her rhythm.

Next round should be a bit easier, Landener is a 19 y.o. qualifier who's never made it past #1050.
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 04:15 PM   #108
country flag ma re

Heraklion 10k, doubles event...

R16 - bye

QF: [2]Lazic/Mikulcic def. Matoula/Virtanen 6:3, 6:3

SF: [2]Lazic/Mikulcic vs. [3]Grammatikopoulou/Leykina
Old Apr 3rd, 2014, 10:30 AM   #109
country flag ma re

She is into the singles quarterfinal after a 6:4, 6:1 win over Landener!

Next up, top seeded Justyna Jegiolka (wta 317, c-h #311).

Let's see if she can surprise and continue this pretty wonderful week that she's been having
Old Apr 4th, 2014, 10:30 AM   #110
country flag ma re

SHE DID IT!!! Took out the top seed 6:1, 6:3

Later today she'll play the doubles semi, and in the same stage of singles she'll play either [3]Zaja or [5]Carreras.
Old Apr 5th, 2014, 11:30 AM   #111
country flag ma re

Ema makes the final in Heraklion!

[7]Mikulcic def. [3]Zaja 6:4, 7:6

For the title she'll play against [6]Leykina (wta 409, c-h #390), who took out [4]Knoll 6:3, 7:5. It'll be their first meeting.

Good luck Ema!
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 10:46 AM   #112
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Leykinna def. Mikulcic 6-2 6-7 7-5

Shame about this final, but it was pretty good week for Ema

She'll play another 10K in Greece next week, she is seeded (4.) and has pretty easy draw in first two rounds.

GL Ema
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 12:52 PM   #113
country flag ma re

A shame about the loss, but overall a good week by Ema

This should move her just a few spots outside of top 400, and with no points to defend until late June she must be feeling optimistic.

Good luck next week!
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 09:03 AM   #114
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Won R1 today 60 61

She has won 10 of her last 11 singles matches
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 03:25 PM   #115
country flag ma re

Good start in singles, lost the doubles R1 unfortunately, Stamatova/Zovincova def. [3]Botusharova/Mikulcic 6:4, 6:4

She'll play a WC Virtanen (unranked, c-h #915) for a place in the singles quarterfinal.

Don't see a reason why she couldn't do it.
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 11:11 AM   #116
country flag ma re

It'll be interesting to see how far can Ema go this season. Last year she entered 21 event in total and earned 81 points (3,85 avg.) - this year she earned 19 points from just 4 events (4,75 avg.). Even with just keeping this pace, that would mean ending the year in the 390's but I think she can do much better.

Hopefully she can make it into AO Q-draw next year, eventhough it's a long shot. She needs roughly 250 in total to make it, or around 230 more by the end of the year. But if you consider she won just 14 points in 2011, 44 in 2012 and 81 in 2013, who is to say that with a bit of luck she can't make it. It's at least a nice goal to aim at, and you also never know with the AO line-up, which ends up being quite weak every few years.

Anyway, just throwing some random thoughts on her day off...

Last edited by ma re : Apr 9th, 2014 at 12:16 PM.
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 12:13 PM   #117
country flag Svizac

Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all

Seems Ema has improved, hope she can become a regular in 25k ITFs... for a start
Svizac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 12:23 PM   #118
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svizac View Post
Seems Ema has improved, hope she can become a regular in 25k ITFs... for a start
Well, she is listed for Chiasso 25k which starts on the 21st of this month and could be seeded in qualies (currently 15th in q). Sounds like a smart move considering the form.
Old Apr 10th, 2014, 11:27 AM   #119
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

6-4 6-2 over another unranked player

QF against Stamatova, Ema defeated her last week 4-6 6-3 6-3
Old Apr 10th, 2014, 06:48 PM   #120
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

11 wins in last 12 singles matches She's no doubt feeling confident. Hope it helps against Stamatova!
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote