Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012- - Page 123 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 7th, 2014, 11:50 PM   #1831
country flag Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of Carl Sagan has much to be proud of
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royals. View Post
She's given no hope she'll be ready to compete in two weeks time. I don't even think she's been properly hitting.
I don't think she's been hitting either. Although her exchange with Jamie Hampton on Twitter was light-hearted the meaning was clear. Jamie, who I understand has recently undergone hip surgery, is back on the practice court and is swinging her racquet at tennis balls again. Laura, by contrast, is not hitting any balls at all and is feeling ever so slightly envious of Jamie. How on earth will Laura be ready for Marrakesh? She may be wonderfully sleek and fit but she can't play tennis!
Carl Sagan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 8th, 2014, 12:52 AM   #1832
country flag LeatherRatson

LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future

Quote:
You mean if she plays?

There's no guarantee she'll be back by then. Still waiting for news she's withdrawn.

She's given no hope she'll be ready to compete in two weeks time. I don't even think she's been properly hitting.

Let's stay pessimistic guys. That's what we do best in Laura's Lounge.
I'm hopelessly optimistic. Until I see she's withdrawn, as far as I'm concerned she's playing whether she's actually done any hitting or not...

P.S Even if she starts hitting tomorrow, I don't seriously expect her to win the tournament, it's just a nice idea..
LeatherRatson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 01:19 AM   #1833
country flag RobCic

RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all RobCic is a name known to all

Although I don't think she'll be coming back in time to play in Marrakech, she looks really motivated and that's promising. Still a long journey to take place when it comes to her career and being away from the sport might be helpful in terms of confidence. Laura probably needs a break to forget the Chinese swing last year and playing through injury anyway!
RobCic is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 10:00 AM   #1834
country flag james_von05

james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshBolt View Post
If Laura wins Marrakech, she can call herself a Princess...

I'm only hoping for a title on her return coz as a fan I get hurt whenever I read remarks that she's jealous of Gennie... not that I don't like Gennie... just to shut up some haters.
james_von05 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 11:20 AM   #1835
country flag Lloy4dAustin

Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_von05 View Post
I'm only hoping for a title on her return coz as a fan I get hurt whenever I read remarks that she's jealous of Gennie... not that I don't like Gennie... just to shut up some haters.
yes,i hate that as well
why is laura jealous of genie?maybe her good draw?
================================================== ================================================== ================
Lloy4dAustin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 01:45 PM   #1836
country flag Tampering

Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloy4dAustin View Post
yes,i hate that as well
why is laura jealous of genie?maybe her good draw?
Nah it wouldn't be that Laura knows good and bad draws happen, the break-up happened at the beginning of the off season.

Laura needs to get back and have some success so she can move on from this even if they are never friendly again. I don't think she's the jealous type but you can see how that kind of negative emotion can grow if she's sidelined for a long time and subject to the Geniemania on all the WTA channels.
Tampering is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 10:32 PM   #1837
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Laura's on the Strasbourg entry list...
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 11:48 AM   #1838
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Strasbourg fair enough, it's six weeks away and maybe she's being optimistic. But Morocco is next week! I don't understand why she hasn't pulled out yet.

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 12:02 PM   #1839
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawson. View Post
Strasbourg fair enough, it's six weeks away and maybe she's being optimistic. But Morocco is next week! I don't understand why she hasn't pulled out yet.
Two weeks.

I'd expect her to pull out later this week or early next week. I see seriously can't see her coming back even Madrid/Rome.

Until she's had a good few weeks of hitting, she won't be near ready to compete.
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 04:16 PM   #1840
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Two weeks.

I'd expect her to pull out later this week or early next week. I see seriously can't see her coming back even Madrid/Rome.

Until she's had a good few weeks of hitting, she won't be near ready to compete.
Whoops! My mistake. Well that makes more sense, but I'm still fully expecting her to pull out.

I hope that if she's out for the entire clay court season she won't return for Wimbledon. That lack of match play added with the home pressure could be a real confidence blow. The general Wimbledon audience won't know/care she's been sidelined for 6 months, they'll still expect her to win the whole thing

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 04:26 PM   #1841
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Drama Queens Chat Thread v.2. ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawson. View Post
Whoops! My mistake. Well that makes more sense, but I'm still fully expecting her to pull out.

I hope that if she's out for the entire clay court season she won't return for Wimbledon. That lack of match play added with the home pressure could be a real confidence blow. The general Wimbledon audience won't know/care she's been sidelined for 6 months, they'll still expect her to win the whole thing
I could not agree more. The backlash could ruin her. As you said the majority of the public would have no clue of her injury/lack of match play.

If she doesn't have a good set of matches under her belt before the grass then she should seriously not play. I could see her trying to tough it out by playing but it'd be a stupid decision.
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 05:53 PM   #1842
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

I just hope she will not come back a week to soon
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 06:37 PM   #1843
country flag Tampering

Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute

I really hope she's back before RG because sponsor pressure means that unless her arm is falling off she plays Wimbledon ready or not.

A repeat of that AO match on CC the first day of Wimbledon?
Tampering is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 06:57 PM   #1844
Royals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampering View Post
I really hope she's back before RG because sponsor pressure means that unless her arm is falling off she plays Wimbledon ready or not.

A repeat of that AO match on CC the first day of Wimbledon?
Erm stop, thanks.

I hope she's sensible enough to know not to rush anything. Laura's not a top player, I don't see what sponsor pressure there is.

The notable pressure to play will be from the tabloids.
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 08:03 PM   #1845
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute

Laura has withdrawn from Marrakech, Oeiras (was MDO only) and Madrid (was top ALT).

Still listed in Rome and Strasbourg
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote