Sloane Road to Roland Garros - Clay Season Cheering Thread!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 8th, 2014, 07:19 PM   #151
country flag V-MAC
blurring the lines between the real and the fake

V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sloane Road to Roland Garros - Clay Season Cheering Thread!!!!!!!!!!!

I just hope we don't get her usual "it just wasn't my day....long season to go" comments in her presser but who am I kidding?

Old Apr 8th, 2014, 07:21 PM   #152
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

I'm Speechless at point too be honest with ya I dont know what too say. Hopefully she can get an win or two at FedCup & that will give her some confidence but at the end of the day with it all come down too really is her attitude that really need too change, she could have all the potential in the world but with the wrong attitude you wont go far in tennis, Look at Nadia Petrova for an example
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 07:31 PM   #153
country flag V-MAC

V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute

I'm literally scratching my head
She has to be so careful not to turn off potential sponsors and endorsements too as she could earn herself a bad kind of reputation with these non-performances.
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 07:32 PM   #154
country flag ddcate

ddcate is a name known to all ddcate is a name known to all ddcate is a name known to all ddcate is a name known to all ddcate is a name known to all ddcate is a name known to all ddcate is a name known to all ddcate is a name known to all ddcate is a name known to all ddcate is a name known to all ddcate is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-MAC View Post
I just hope we don't get her usual "it just wasn't my day....long season to go" comments in her presser but who am I kidding?
You know she will. She's not letting any one in on whatever her situation is right now. I think you are right that Annacone is aware of whatever's going on.

Last edited by ddcate : Apr 8th, 2014 at 07:43 PM.
ddcate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 08:51 PM   #155
country flag .Andrew.

.Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute

DEAD @ this loss.

Not the same player I watched for the first time play in 2010. At least back then she was always fighting. I'll always support Sloane and still believe in her talent, but the way she's acting on the court right now is so unprofessional. She is downright SAD to watch these days.
.Andrew. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 08:53 PM   #156
country flag .Andrew.

.Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
I'm Speechless at point too be honest with ya I dont know what too say. Hopefully she can get an win or two at FedCup & that will give her some confidence but at the end of the day with it all come down too really is her attitude that really need too change, she could have all the potential in the world but with the wrong attitude you wont go far in tennis, Look at Nadia Petrova for an example
She's not even going to go as far as Nadia if she continues like this

It's still early on, but waiting for a sense of urgency from her. Bouchard is already talking about how she wants to get to the top right now. That explains her form right now compared to Sloane's
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 09:16 PM   #157
country flag V-MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Andrew. View Post
She's not even going to go as far as Nadia if she continues like this

It's still early on, but waiting for a sense of urgency from her. Bouchard is already talking about how she wants to get to the top right now. That explains her form right now compared to Sloane's
I like that term and it shows up everything that is wrong about Sloane's laid back approach to the game.
If she's really thinking that she has ten more years left at this level and there is no rush (as she said in a recent presser), where is she going to find the motivation to start playing well right now?! That kind of thinking is wrong for an athlete IMO.
Not to mention, you can't plan long-term like that as sport is unpredictable and anything can happen.
Sure, we all hope she is still playing top level tennis in 10 year's time but you can't "assume" anything and Sloane seems to "assume" too much
Eugenie is a great example as she's someone who has said "yeah, I want it now" and is playing with a real sense of hunger and determination. That is the healthy approach.
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 09:30 PM   #158
country flag ddcate

ddcate is a name known to all ddcate is a name known to all ddcate is a name known to all ddcate is a name known to all ddcate is a name known to all ddcate is a name known to all ddcate is a name known to all ddcate is a name known to all ddcate is a name known to all ddcate is a name known to all ddcate is a name known to all

Sloane is in a slump right now. She does this. She looks like she's never going to win a match again and then she comes back and makes the second of a slam. We have to remember she made the second week of five consecutive slams. Not many players her age are doing that right now. That's where she stands out. She's not going to be the same player she was in 2010 because now she's a bit more jaded and expectations are high. But she has to learn herself how to get out of these rough patches and if she does, she will only become a stronger player. Honestly I could care less what Genie is doing right now. Everything might seem perfect for her now but she's going to struggle too. Besides her and Sloane aren't the same. Sloane actually has a personality.
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 09:35 PM   #159
country flag .Andrew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-MAC View Post
I like that term and it shows up everything that is wrong about Sloane's laid back approach to the game.
If she's really thinking that she has ten more years left at this level and there is no rush (as she said in a recent presser), where is she going to find the motivation to start playing well right now?! That kind of thinking is wrong for an athlete IMO.
Not to mention, you can't plan long-term like that as sport is unpredictable and anything can happen.
Sure, we all hope she is still playing top level tennis in 10 year's time but you can't "assume" anything and Sloane seems to "assume" too much
Eugenie is a great example as she's someone who has said "yeah, I want it now" and is playing with a real sense of hunger and determination. That is the healthy approach.
Definitely. Bouchard is leaps and bounds ahead of her right now.

To me there has to something wrong right now... but not physically. Maybe the pressure and expectation? maybe reading into the criticism she's receiving? It's part of the job description being in the public eye, but she's only 21 yo... Just look at her results thread, most are celebrating her loss It can't be easy for a 21 yo to be scrutinized like that. I wonder if something like that is feeding into her performances because today in particular she played like a girl with no fight and no fire. So sad to watch.
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 10:44 PM   #160
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Well I hope she get it together soon. I kinda hoping she ask for WC at Nurnberger Versicherungscup or Strasbourg
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 02:14 PM   #161
country flag Trey

I see GM is having an field day hating on Sloane, I really can't wait till the day sloane win herself an title even if it an double title for haters here can shut up
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 02:51 PM   #162
country flag TrojanStallion

TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future TrojanStallion has a brilliant future

Quote:
I see GM is having an field day hating on Sloane, I really can't wait till the day sloane win herself an title even if it an double title for haters here can shut up
Eh, they will get over it at some point. There's only so much beating a dead horse, before they lash out at someone else. Whats funny, is they spend and waste so much time hating on a player they think is a bitch, irrelevant, has a terrible game, etc......There are plenty, PLENTY of 21 year olds and older who have and will never do anything on the WTA tour, ranked well below Sloane, with no hopes of rising up, ever!
TrojanStallion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 02:55 PM   #163
country flag ddcate

Quote:
What's new right? According to them Sloane is a non-factor, yet they manage to work her name into almost every thread that is on GM. It's borderline obsessive. It's funny because these posters think playing pro tennis is so easy, however I'm pretty sure they can't even run a lap around a track.
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 03:05 PM   #164
country flag V-MAC

She's like a bonding punch-bag for the other fanbases. It used to be Wozniacki, but Sloane has taken over the role.

Anyway, what gets me is this idea she has "fluked" her career so far and is now "playing at her proper level"
No one flukes five consecutive second week showings at grand slams
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 03:10 PM   #165
country flag Trey

It mostly Serena fan (not trying talk bad about Serena because I an hard down Williams Sisters fan myself), & It Halep Fans I guessing they still pressed that sloane got better draw them her at the slam . But wat Halep fan need too understand is Halep is 23 two yr older then sloane she should be doing better than sloane at her age. & the rest of the haters are pova fans