Nicole Gibbs - Page 18 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 8th, 2014, 03:38 AM   #256
country flag simonsaystennis
Team USA

simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nicole Gibbs

Agreed that this is a nice placement, but Kovinic has had a good past 12 months. Nicole is going to need to be sharp!! Happy she qualified!

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Capra ~ Albanese ~ Brengle ~ Craybas ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Hardebeck ~ Brodsky ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~Kiick
simonsaystennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 14th, 2014, 03:27 AM   #257
country flag shoparound

shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future

It is interesting how Nicole has transitioned in the pro game compared to Mal. It really shows you how different styles translate from college to the pros.
shoparound is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 04:48 AM   #258
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

The technology behind those tennis racquets and physical conditioning required from players, translate to the power game from the baselines.

It's like going to the poker table with the big boys with a hefty buy in. In tennis, that buy in is the power game.

Mal could bash that ball, so she already had the buy in. Nicole knows she needs to get there, but it will take her some time adjusting.
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 01:00 AM   #259
country flag shoparound

shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future

Nicole was such a smart player in college and was patient before going for her shots. She probably will need to be more aggressive earlier in points.
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 05:16 AM   #260
country flag simonsaystennis
Team USA

simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoparound View Post
Nicole was such a smart player in college and was patient before going for her shots. She probably will need to be more aggressive earlier in points.
Agreed. She has the brain for this game. Will just take some adjustment.

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Capra ~ Albanese ~ Brengle ~ Craybas ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Hardebeck ~ Brodsky ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~Kiick
simonsaystennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2014, 02:38 PM   #261
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsaystennis View Post
Agreed. She has the brain for this game. Will just take some adjustment.
If you put her head on Sloan Stephens body, then you have possible a top 5 player to be...
Old Apr 26th, 2014, 03:02 PM   #262
country flag tie_breaker

Nice photos from Christopher Levy @tennis_shots...

This is Nicole's signature looks, since she's been on the pro

I've seen her get pulled wide left and right so many times.
Her returning lob isn't cutting it or the short ball return.
She just needs to be giving her opponents less opportunities to take control of the point.
Those short ball returns right in the middle of the court is a high percentage shot, to get killed on the next shot.

One of these days...just one of these days,
she'll be hitting deep returns consistently and going for her shots dtl and hitting the corners with pin point accuracy.

I have to say, she's certainly updated her wardrobe with NB.
Is she making a fashion statement?

Old Apr 26th, 2014, 03:04 PM   #263
country flag tie_breaker

Her match against Gracie is about to start!!!

Rain-out yesterday, with Gibbsy ahead 6-0, 2-2...

http://new.livestream.com/ustaprocir...ideos/48857473
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (27.9 KB, 1 views)
Old Apr 26th, 2014, 06:26 PM   #264
country flag wtennisphan

wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future

https://twitter.com/Gibbsyyyy/status/460118196323090432

wtennisphan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2014, 06:28 PM   #265
country flag tie_breaker

This explains how she did against Gracie, who came back after being a set down...

Old Apr 26th, 2014, 06:54 PM   #266
country flag tie_breaker

I just wish she hits the gym more and spends less time on the court.

Speed and being able to run balls side to side worked in college but it is child's play in the WTA.

She needs to join the program, muscle-up AND own those corner and DTL shots like everybody else (FOR STARTERS!!!)
Old Apr 26th, 2014, 07:00 PM   #267
country flag wtennisphan

wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future wtennisphan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
I just wish she hits the gym more and spends less time on the court.

Speed and being able to run balls side to side worked in college but it is child's play in the WTA.

She needs to join the program, muscle-up AND own those corner and DTL shots like everybody else (FOR STARTERS!!!)
I agree. She needs to up her athleticism, lower body, and core strength. If she works on those areas, she'll be more explosive and be able to add a bit more pace to her shots. She needs an extra 5 mph on her ground strokes and first and second serves and needs to take a little more risks off the ground as well. And stay on top of the baseline.
wtennisphan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2014, 07:01 PM   #268
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

TB is Nicole's Twitter coach

But seriously, all what you said is 100% true

Last edited by CrossCourt~Rally : Apr 27th, 2014 at 01:38 AM.
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 01:30 AM   #269
country flag shoparound

I still remember how on twitter she mentioned that she didn't care about men's college tennis and it could be dismissed for all she cares. Then added that women's college tennis is protected by NCAA so she has nothing to worry about. I guess she should have stuck with that for another year.
Old Apr 27th, 2014, 04:09 AM   #270
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCourt~Rally View Post
TB is Nicole's Twitter coach

But seriously, all what you said is 100% true
I just couldn't sugar coat her losses anymore, especially knowing she has way too much talent to be where she's at.

I followed her throughout college at Stanford. I know how much she had to overcome to win both team and individual singles titles at NCAA last year.

I know how strong she is mentally and how much fight she has, but it's like she's at a big gun fight carrying only a knife.

Maybe I got too carried away but I would have tweeted it again in a heartbeat