The Tadeja Majeric making her way to the top thread! - Page 22 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 6th, 2014, 05:59 PM   #316
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Tadeja Majeric making her way to the top thread!

I think she has worked hard to change her game for the best, now she needs a couple of wins to boost her confidence...it is going to be hard on clay, but then there's grass

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 6th, 2014, 07:34 PM   #317
country flag Potato

Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
I think she has worked hard to change her game for the best, now she needs a couple of wins to boost her confidence...it is going to be hard on clay, but then there's grass
From what I see, her game is very counterpunchy, so I think it's strange her best surface is grass. Does she hit very flat but not necessarily heavy balls? Like KDK or Pironkova
Potato is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 07:46 PM   #318

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato View Post
From what I see, her game is very counterpunchy, so I think it's strange her best surface is grass. Does she hit very flat but not necessarily heavy balls? Like KDK or Pironkova
she hits a tricky slice with the FH and hits flat with the BH...moreover, her serve has good pace, so on grass it is a lot more effective

more so, most players are just terrible on grass

Old Apr 6th, 2014, 10:51 PM   #319
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

I think that Tadeja needs to play a few more ITF events and she has entered some which is good news She just needs a few big tournaments to push her ranking back up
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2014, 08:32 PM   #320

another early exit Clay is not her thing, but once again she looked scared to try in the key points

Old Apr 7th, 2014, 08:44 PM   #321
country flag Alycia.

Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of

She had many opportunities in the 2nd set She led 5-5 40-15.
Alycia. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2014, 10:32 PM   #322
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

A shame that she's lost her confidence Should have played some Green Clay or stick to Hard Hopefully she can get a good draw and do better in KL. I think getting MD DAs is not good for her confidence and she is developing sone form of a losing streak.
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 01:12 PM   #323
country flag chingching

Tadeja has a good first round in Kuala Lumpur in Amanmuradova who is making her comeback from Injury and has a game which suits Tads

Here is her Quarter

Karolina Pliskova CZE [3] vs Aleksandra Krunic SRB
Ying-Ying Duan CHN [Q] vs [i]Ana Vrljic CRO [Q]
Tadeja Majeric SLO vs Akgul Amanmuradova UZB
Cagla Buyukakcay TUR vs Kimiko Date-Krumm JPN [5]

I think she can beat KDK if she plays well and get revenge for Pattaya And then maybe even a meeting with Karo who she beat in Baku although she is in vastly better form now Still, good luck for your match tomorrow Tads and get some Points

Also, IMO Tads has made the right decision and is going to play some Chinese ITFs. First she will be Top seed in 25K Nanning and then depending on withdrawals will play 50K Aning which is also on Clay giving her some RG practice After that there are several Large tournament options including a 50K in Fukuoka in Synthetic Grass which I hope she plays so she can A) play on a surface very similar to her favourite which she can win and B)play on 3 different surfaces in 3 weeks Anyway, let's hope she can get her ranking back up hopefully high enough to get a Top 24 Seed for RG
Old Apr 15th, 2014, 06:49 PM   #324

finally a win a bit more complicated than I thought, but a win is a win atm

Old Apr 15th, 2014, 09:47 PM   #325
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute

Thank god Tadeja goes back to ITFs.
She will never be on the WTA tour consistently. She will probably lose to Buyukakcay.
Old Apr 16th, 2014, 01:46 AM   #326
country flag chingching

Such a massive opportunity against Cagla

She really needs a QF for her ranking and confidence... And she did well in Sets 2 and 3 so hopefully she takes that into her 2nd match
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 08:34 AM   #327
country flag chingching

Tadeja is playing now vs Cagla and it is 3-3 on Serve
Cagla is tough so Tads will have to step up. Cagla is started to get frustrated with Tadeja's loopier mid-court balls though There is a stream which is great

And 0-30 with 2 Cagla errors so an opportunity to get the 1st Break

A wonderful Tadeja Backhand Return Winner Crosscourt for 0-40 and now a 2nd Serve

And Buyukakcay stuffs up another relatively easy backhand off a loopier ball and Tads breaks to love

Tadeja had 3 or 4 GPs at 4-3 but as the commentator is saying a lot (although he is right) she just pushed, standing 3 or 4 metres behind the baseline hoping for errors. Then she would play a better point at Deuce before doing the same again. When she was playing well last year she used to push but would play aggressively with her backhands and still punish short balls like she did vs Pavlyuchenkova but now she just pushes everything and she's not fast enough to do that She's doing better now though but she will need to step it up if she wants to win with these fast courts and Cagla not making errors any more

Tadeja has done well to get from 30-0 down to 30-40 now Didn't do quite enough on the return although it wasn't that bad but Cagla hit a big forehand and finished off the point. Similar point again although this time she just didn't attack the 2nd Serve which is disappointing. And she loses the game as Cagla continues to move the ball around and Tadeja loses the initiative She has to hold now

Last edited by chingching : Apr 17th, 2014 at 08:52 AM.
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 09:00 AM   #328

MTO and rain

Old Apr 17th, 2014, 09:22 AM   #329
country flag Silent Bird

Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Don't mug it up against Buyukakcay
Silent Bird is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 10:48 AM   #330
country flag chingching

My god her moonballs were landing inside the Service Line She had many opportunities at Deuce and Game Point and she didn't take them so basically gave Cagla the set

As the commentator says, if she is injured, why is she standing so far back and pushing so much? She wasn't doing that until 4*-3 but then she just pushed the 3 games away

Anyway, into the 2nd Set, she hit 3 return winners in a row and then just missed a Forehand so 15-40

And she breaks with a good return I just don't get why she doesn't do that more...

Wonderful BHDTL from Tads and now 15-15 and now 30-15 But Double Fault and 30-30

The thing is, when she plays aggressively she doesn't even miss that much and she is doing stuff like moving forward and just taking the ball a bit earlier and she is winning so much more I am surprised why she didn't work that out earlier 2-0 now