Photos of Petra Kvitova - Page 242 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 5th, 2014, 02:56 PM   #3616
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Photos of Petra Kvitova

Quote:
did something special today. After many years, I played today in Fulnek on the exact same court I started on

Last edited by paulmara : Apr 6th, 2014 at 04:48 PM.
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 6th, 2014, 02:51 PM   #3617
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

^ I dont understand how the hell she cant slide on clay...
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 03:55 PM   #3618
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't matter. If she could win Madrid, she can win RG, all without sliding.
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 07:59 PM   #3619
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by steni View Post
^ I don't understand how the hell she cant slide on clay...
I guess you're watching Rafa and Nole too much. I think that they were trying to do it until some two or three years ago and it wasn't effective enough, I don't think she doesn't know how to slide but she's not using it because "normal footwork" works better from her. She won Madrid while doing so so why change it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
Doesn't matter. If she could win Madrid, she can win RG, all without sliding.
Exactly. I think that the problem with the last clay season (season 2011 was awesome and 2012 good enough considering she was in SF in RG) was in her serve, she had problems with her serve since February until the Asian swing in fall. Why? Because her serve is her big strength and her games depends on it and this is much more visible during the clay season because her serve is not that penetrating and she can't have so many cheap point of it.
And other Czech Davis Cup and Fed Cup team members
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsbadwanska View Post
Sometimes is very hard to be Petra's fan.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 08:12 PM   #3620
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

lol.. A few days ago Russian TV replayed Madrid final
Madrid has a faster surface (also because of a mountain). Hard to compare to RG.
Petra's game doesn't suit clay due to her poor movement and a lack of a consistency in shots

The best movers on clay:
1. Kuznetsova
2-3. Jankovic, Halep.
Hartson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 08:23 PM   #3621
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartson View Post
lol.. A few days ago Russian TV replayed Madrid final
Madrid has a faster surface (also because of a mountain). Hard to compare to RG.
Petra's game doesn't suit clay due to her poor movement and a lack of a consistency in shots

The best movers on clay:
1. Kuznetsova
2-3. Jankovic, Halep.
Well, they say that RG has the same type of clay as Madrid (at least I think they were sayin' Madrid). Plus, we have to say what type of Petra we are talking about - the 2011 version of Petra? Her game suits all types of surfaces, although the worst for her is maybe clay - the nowadays version doesn't suit clay but she can still win a tournament if she's on and her serve is big.

P.S.: I would say that Serena has to be in the top 3 of best movers on clay that are still playing.
Quote:
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 11:00 PM   #3622
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
Well, they say that RG has the same type of clay as Madrid (at least I think they were sayin' Madrid)
I heard сlay in Rome is the most similar to RG.
As for Madrid, its conditions depend not only on the surface - also the ball flies faster there due to the thin air
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 11:19 PM   #3623
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I heard сlay in Rome is the most similar to RG.
No, it's faster due to surface composition: thin topsoil clay layer over asphalt.

The main courts at the Madrid venue are all indoor courts in all but name due to being surrounded by those metal "boxes". That's the crucial factor IMO, not altitude; Madrid is only c. 600 mts above sea level.

ATP Monte Carlo is the closest to RG in terms of surface and playing conditions.
Corswandt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 11:33 PM   #3624
country flag Hartson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corswandt View Post
The main courts at the Madrid venue are all indoor courts in all but name due to being surrounded by those metal "boxes". That's the crucial factor IMO, not altitude; Madrid is only c. 600 mts above sea level.
600 meters is not "only".. It's the difference in atmospheric pressure ~ 60 millimeters of mercury (torr).. And how these "metal boxes" can affect the ball's speed ?
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 11:35 PM   #3625
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute

Altitude is relevant in extreme cases such as Bogotá; other than that, its influence on playing conditions is massively overrated.

Last edited by Corswandt : Apr 7th, 2014 at 10:52 AM. Reason: bad English.
Corswandt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 01:11 AM   #3626
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

Maybe some people here dont care but I think that it would be nice to see Petra trying new things, like sliding on clay, it wont hurt at all.
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 07:25 AM   #3627
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
Maybe some people here don't care but I think that it would be nice to see Petra trying new things, like sliding on clay, it wont hurt at all.
You see that's the problem, I'm totally with you on trying new things and improving what she can but it should be just blind 'trying something new out' like in the past because most of 'the new things' haven't been helpful at all since 2011. That's why I and lot of people are here rather skeptical.
Quote:
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 03:21 PM   #3628
country flag Hartson

Quote:
nice to see Petra trying new things, like sliding on clay, it wont hurt at all.
Ha-ha.. She is a bad mover generally and you wish she is sliding on clay It's rather a narurale skill
Old Apr 10th, 2014, 06:47 PM   #3629
country flag steni

Quote:
Ha-ha.. She is a bad mover generally and you wish she is sliding on clay It's rather a narurale skill
didnt lina sucked at sliding on clay as well? Or how about cheaterpova? what Petra lacks is work ethic and determination.
Old Apr 10th, 2014, 09:13 PM   #3630
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
didnt lina sucked at sliding on clay as well? Or how about cheaterpova? what Petra lacks is work ethic and determination.
Cheaterpova is better example because Na is not so tall and I think she is naturally better mover than Petra but unfortunately Petra doesn't have the team and determination to do this (yet).
Quote: