Madison Keys...future star - Page 264 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 3rd, 2014, 03:23 AM   #3946
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Madison Keys...future star

Ugh. Madison

Bally

Ana Ivanovic
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 3rd, 2014, 05:41 AM   #3947
country flag tenisamulo

tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute

tough tourney for the americans
tenisamulo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2014, 07:21 AM   #3948
country flag shoparound

shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future

It seems like each time a draw is open for Maddie, she can't get through her 1st or 2nd match. Very tough. I'm not sure where she goes from here, she's been having this problem since last year it seems.
shoparound is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 03:36 PM   #3949
country flag Longbert

Longbert is a glorious beacon of light Longbert is a glorious beacon of light Longbert is a glorious beacon of light Longbert is a glorious beacon of light Longbert is a glorious beacon of light Longbert is a glorious beacon of light Longbert is a glorious beacon of light Longbert is a glorious beacon of light Longbert is a glorious beacon of light Longbert is a glorious beacon of light Longbert is a glorious beacon of light

GL in Fed Cup
Longbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 03:54 PM   #3950
country flag RU90

RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future

ADVANCED BASELINE: MAKING THE CASE FOR MADISON KEYS OVER EUGENIE BOUCHARD

Quote:
The new Advanced Baseline rankings are out, and it had a bit of a surprise on the women's side. Madison Keys, currently 42nd in the WTA rankings, is ahead of two other, more prominent younger players: Sloane Stephens (18th in WTA) and Eugenie Bouchard (19th).

How is Madison Keys not only in the top 20, but also just ahead of early breakout stars Eugenie Bouchard and Sloane Stephens, both of whom have deep Slam runs already in the books? Keys beats both of them by the slimmest of margins due to the new aging curves. Keys is the youngest of the three, and the aging curve gives a slightly bigger boost to younger players.

Still, why is AB even putting Keys in the same league as her contemporaries that have already achieved more? If you compare Madison’s and Eugenie’s results over the past 15 months, they’re a lot more similar than you might think.

See tables in link

Their splits are nearly identical. Keys is actually maintaining a positive GDR differential against top-25 competition despite a losing record, so her top wins are actually a little more impressive. The reason Bouchard’s WTA ranking is higher is because she’s actually taken advantage of her opportunities.

Keys and Bouchard were in the same soft section of the Australian Open draw this year, but Bouchard was the one that lived up to the moment, playing her way to the quarterfinals without facing a ranked opponent. Keys, meanwhile, suffered a tough, three-set loss to Jie Zheng. (Tough three-set losses have been common this year. She fell to Shuai Zhang, 6-4 in the third, in Acapulco, and she fell, 7-6 in the third, to Shuai Peng in Charleston. That's a good way to both maintain a solid AB ranking while allowing your WTA ranking to sag.)

Keys will probably stay below Bouchard during the next few months of clay season, thanks to clay being Keys’ worst surface. But I wouldn’t put it past her to have a deep run at Wimbledon this year.
http://www.sbnation.com/tennis/2014/...genie-bouchard
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 09:19 PM   #3951
country flag tenisamulo

tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU90 View Post
Jie Zheng. (Tough three-set losses have been common this year. She fell to Shuai Zhang, 6-4 in the third, in Acapulco, and she fell, 7-6 in the third, to Shuai Peng in Charleston. That's a good way to both maintain a solid AB ranking while allowing your WTA ranking to sag.)
Why are the golden flowers out for Maddy?
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 09:23 PM   #3952
country flag RU90

RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenisamulo View Post
Why are the golden flowers out for Maddy?
Maddy is 0-4 against Chinese players this year.
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 09:29 PM   #3953
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU90 View Post
Maddy is 0-4 against Chinese players this year.
She slayed them all in Tokyo end of last year. Think she was on their "hit list" after that Besides they like to play against pace and Madison gives them that in abundance. If Maddy is on her game she blows them off the court, which can be said about almost anyone she plays it seems

Hope she can use this FedCup tie to launch a good Summer campaign. She's got some big points to defend on clay and grass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2014, 10:10 AM   #3954
country flag ExtremelyInjured

ExtremelyInjured is a splendid one to behold ExtremelyInjured is a splendid one to behold ExtremelyInjured is a splendid one to behold ExtremelyInjured is a splendid one to behold ExtremelyInjured is a splendid one to behold ExtremelyInjured is a splendid one to behold ExtremelyInjured is a splendid one to behold ExtremelyInjured is a splendid one to behold ExtremelyInjured is a splendid one to behold ExtremelyInjured is a splendid one to behold ExtremelyInjured is a splendid one to behold

Don't know how to embed videos links only.

Maddie and Shelby Rogers cute and funny at the Charleston player's party.

http://youtu.be/psfWl-aAzlM

http://youtu.be/rYJNeAI5MQ0
ExtremelyInjured is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 12:36 AM   #3955
country flag tenisamulo

Use youtube as one word, and then only the part of the link that comes after the slash
[you tube]psfWl-aAzlM[/you tube]
[you tube]rYJNeAI5MQ0[/you tube]
Because "youtube" is two words it won't display the video, but remove the space and

Vania is in the second video as well...

Last edited by tenisamulo : Apr 14th, 2014 at 12:43 AM.
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 05:10 PM   #3956
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Madison's Ranking over the last 52 weeks & 2014 race:

KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 09:53 PM   #3957
country flag ExtremelyInjured

ExtremelyInjured is a splendid one to behold ExtremelyInjured is a splendid one to behold ExtremelyInjured is a splendid one to behold ExtremelyInjured is a splendid one to behold ExtremelyInjured is a splendid one to behold ExtremelyInjured is a splendid one to behold ExtremelyInjured is a splendid one to behold ExtremelyInjured is a splendid one to behold ExtremelyInjured is a splendid one to behold ExtremelyInjured is a splendid one to behold ExtremelyInjured is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenisamulo View Post
Use youtube as one word, and then only the part of the link that comes after the slash
[you tube]psfWl-aAzlM[/you tube]
[you tube]rYJNeAI5MQ0[/you tube]
Because "youtube" is two words it won't display the video, but remove the space and
Thanks!

More of them both. From Maddie's Twitter.

Quote:
True @Saints fans! #temptats #notreal

Last edited by ExtremelyInjured : Apr 14th, 2014 at 09:59 PM.
ExtremelyInjured is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2014, 01:32 PM   #3958
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremelyInjured View Post
Thanks!

More of them both. From Maddie's Twitter.
Aaaawl, they're just temp
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 04:26 AM   #3959
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

FEDCUP WORLD GROUP PLAY-OFFS: FRANCE v U.S.A.

Quote:
ST. LOUIS, MISSOURI

THE MODERATOR: Thank you to Team USA for being with us today. We'll take questions. Please speak into the microphone as this is being transcribed. Okay?
First question.

Q. This is for everybody: All of you are of that generation where they're saying you're the next generation for United States women. What do you think you have to do individually to fulfill this promise? Is it winning Majors? Going deep? Cracking the top 10? What do you think you have to do to actually fulfil that promise of being the next generation for United States tennis?
CHRISTINA McHALE: I mean, yeah, I think obviously if you're making it into the second week of slams and making it far, I mean, obviously ranking takes care of itself.
I think all we can focus on is doing what we're doing, keep on working hard every day in practice, and then hopefully the results will take care of themselves.
MADISON KEYS: Yeah, a lot like Christina said. Having your goals, work on them. Obviously we all want to be in the finals of Grand Slams and winning and being top 10.
I think we're all just really focused on the things that we each individually need to do, and just try to keep doing them every day so hopefully one day we get there.
SLOANE STEPHENS: What they said. Hard work, dedication. That's all. (Laughter.)
VARVARA LEPCHENKO: You know, just focusing like what they said. The same. I join the girls.
MARY JOE FERNANDEZ: I don't have to work hard anymore. (Laughter.)
No, it's been fun for me to watch all of these women develop through the years and get experience and mature. It's exciting. We have been really fortunate in this country because we've always had top players.
We continue to work hard and do the best that we can. When I started FedCup I want to say six years ago we only had three players in the top 100 from the United States and now we're up to about 11. And probably more coming soon.
So we're moving in the right direction and everybody is having great results.

Q. This is also for any of you: I just wonder what it's like to come and prepare and get ready and play in an event like this as opposed to the regular grind of playing in tournaments? Any extra excitement? A different feel to it playing for your country?
MARY JOE FERNANDEZ: Who wants it? Go ahead, Sloane.
SLOANE STEPHENS: You're playing for your country so obviously a little bit more behind it. I think being with the team and being with the girls it gives you that extra boost. I think it's a bit tough because there is a lot of pressure; you want to do well; you're representing your country.
Got to just go out there and do your thing, and hopefully everything goes well.

Q. Anyone else? Thoughts?
CHRISTINA McHALE: Yeah, no, I would just add it's always exciting. I think FedExCup weeks are always a lot of fun of we have good practices and hang out after.
So it's just a really fun week. It's just exciting.

Q. Talk about the difference between playing in another tournament versus coming here. Is there anything extra special you do preparation‑wise getting ready for Saturday?
MARY JOE FERNANDEZ: Well, it's just different because tennis is an individual sport where you're week in and week out with your coach and hitting partner and working individually.
These weeks are unique and it's different because the team practices together; they do pretty much everything together. So it's special, because you come together for a common cause and everybody cheers each other on.
You do get a little bit of extra motivation. It means more win; means a lot when you lose, too. It hurts more when you lose, too.
It's different. When I look back on my career, some of my fondest memories are always when I was part of a team.

Q. Talk a little bit about the French team and what we can expect from them?
MARY JOE FERNANDEZ: They're very good, very solid. Their top two are coming off big wins last week, one in Poland and win in Colombia. Cornet, the top player, is a great competitor and runs a lot of balls down; great backhand.
Garcia is very aggressive. I think she's 20 right now of.
Razzano has a lot of experience. I don't know a lot about the fourth one.
But they're very well rounded. They have a great captain in Mauresmo who knows a lot about the game.
It's going to be a tough weekend, but I'm looking forward to it. I enjoy the challenge.

Q. What do you expect from the crowd when you're out there? FedCup crowds are so rowdy, energetic. How does the crowd help you?
MADISON KEYS: I mean, it's different. It's fun. It's just there is a lot of noise and music and it's much more exciting to be in.
So, I mean, I know all of us love when we have a really loud crowd making lots of noise. It definitely pumps us all up.
THE MODERATOR: Any other questions? Okay. Thank you guys.
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 04:28 AM   #3960
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

FEDCUP WORLD GROUP PLAY-OFFS: FRANCE v U.S.A.

Quote:
ST. LOUIS, MISSOURI

THE MODERATOR: We'll take questions for the U.S. team. Please speak into the microphone as this is being transcribed.

Q. Mary Joe, can you speak to how the draw turned out and your thoughts going into tomorrow?
CAPTAIN FERNANDEZ: Yeah, I mean, the draw is a draw. Not much we can do about it. To me doesn't really matter playing first or second or who is up, who's not.
It's taking each match one at a time and going from there. But it's a good lineup. They're tough matches. I'm excited to start.
I think everybody is ready. We've had really good practices and everybody is ready to go.

Q. You've been at the arena all week. Can you speak to your impressions over there and what you expect for the weekend?
CAPTAIN FERNANDEZ: They have had, like I said, really good practices. The arena is really nice. Hoping to get a really good crowd. I know Mary brought out some cow bells for everybody, so we're going to be hopefully making some noise and getting some great support.
It's always unique when you play for your country, because every point seems like a really big point.
Especially when you're winning them you feel that momentum going in your favor. So hopefully we'll get a lot of support tomorrow.

Q. Our team is young, and I know they're going to do great. Tell us how they've they really matchup.
CAPTAIN FERNANDEZ: Against the other ones?

Q. Uh‑huh.
CAPTAIN FERNANDEZ: Well, I think on our side, Sloane and Madison, they both possess power and can be aggressive; they can defend as well.
Cornet and Garcia have a little bit different styles. Garcia plays a little bit more straightforward; takes the ball earlier.
Cornet is a little bit loopier off the forehand and aggressive off the backhand.
Again, it's about taking care of what we can control on our side of the court and adjusting, if need be.

Q. Sloane, can you speak to your experience in the Wold Group playoff last year and how that may help you this time around?
SLOANE STEPHENS: Yeah, last year was the first singles tie that I played, so I was a bit nervous. It was a lot of pressure. Obviously Venus and Serena were on the team, so a lot more pressure.
I'm excited to be here, excited to be with the girls, and excited for a great weekend. Hopefully get out there and kick some butt. No offense to the other team.
We're really excited to play. Like we've been saying, Teamwork makes a dream work. We're just going to go with that and do our best.

Q. Christina, your doubles partner is in transit. How does that adjust for and what preparations do you and Lauren have to make over the next 24 to 48 hours?
CHRISTINA McHALE: Yeah, I mean, we were bummed that V was unable to play, but we're really happy that Lauren is able to fill in. I'll probably practice with her, with Lauren, in the morning tomorrow.
Yeah, we will just get right into it and just be there for the team and just have some good practices this weekend and then hopefully we'll be ready.
THE MODERATOR: Questions? We'll hear from Madison real quick, to. (Laughter.)
So you're playing in the your second consecutive tie. What did you take away from the last experience to help you tomorrow?
MADISON KEYS: Yeah, we played in Cleveland last time. Obviously Italy played very well. I was definitely nervous it being my first Fed Cup.
So just a little bit more comfortable this time. Yeah, hopefully we go out and we all do really well.
THE MODERATOR: Any other last questions?

Q. Follow up for Madison. I believe you haven't faced either of your opponents that you'll see this weekend. Is it better to have previous experience against them or tougher?
MADISON KEYS: I mean, I think we've both been ‑‑ well, both matchups, they've both been on the tour for a while; we've practiced together; we've been around.
It's not like I don't know how that he play and all that. I don't think it's a huge factor. Just treating it as a match up against inside other player.
THE MODERATOR: Any other questions?
Okay. Thank you guys.
CAPTAIN FERNANDEZ: Thank you.
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote