Abbie Myers - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 30th, 2013, 07:03 AM   #31
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Abbie Myers

lost 61 16 62 then lost the doubles final 64 76(6)

ZARINA DIYAS. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GÖRGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. OLIVIA TJANDRAMULIA.
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 1st, 2013, 02:52 AM   #32
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

^ Abbie getting a few more wins in the last few weeks than she was earlier in the year. Id like to think its due to an improvement in form not a reduction in the quality of the draws in Turkey.
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 04:38 AM   #33
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Just read that Abbie had knee surgery in december. She lost to Nives Baric in 3 sets but glad to have her back

Heres an article on her
http://www.acelandtennis.com.au/news...or-better.html

Old Nov 9th, 2014, 06:08 AM   #34
country flag Kəv.

Abbie is having a great couple of months recently

In August she made a trip to India where she made QF, she then went to Egypt for 2 weeks with a SF and W in singles and a F and W in doubles. Shes back in Oz now, won 15k Toowoomba doubles, 15k Cairns doubles, 50k Bendigo doubles as well as a final in 25k Perth doubles. Also reached a couple of R2s in 15k, 25k and 50k

Her doubles ranking should rise up to inside the top 260 now

Old Nov 10th, 2014, 12:34 AM   #35
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Two good qualie wins in Bendigo $50K against Mai Minokoshi and Varunya Wongteanchai - both in straight sets. Looking good to pick up an AO QWC imho.
Old Nov 10th, 2014, 01:20 AM   #36
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

She's coming along nicely after her injury woes.

I still think TA would put a whole bunch of kids ahead of her for a AO QWC, but she's certainly in with a shot and probably better equipped than when she played it two years ago.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2014, 09:04 AM   #37
country flag Kəv.

Old Dec 17th, 2014, 10:26 AM   #38
country flag Kəv.

WC Playoff

Old Dec 18th, 2014, 03:17 AM   #39
country flag Kəv.

Old Dec 27th, 2014, 10:18 PM   #40
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Off the youtube stream it was good to see Abbie play again. She has some natural power and was able to have Dasha on the backfoot quite often.

I quite like her smooth strokes and the serve seems reliable. But I think her game is similar to Pattersons, as soon as the ball is not in the hitting position e.g. they are moved about, jammed up, low ball, against higher ranked players (or under pressure) they invariably make an error. I think Abbie needs to continue to play doubles at a higher level which may help her improvise better on the singles court.

She'll probably get a quallie w/c for Sydney or Hobart which will be ideal for her to get some further experience against a higher ranked player.
Old Yesterday, 01:27 PM   #41
country flag Cassy

Cassy is just really nice Cassy is just really nice Cassy is just really nice Cassy is just really nice Cassy is just really nice Cassy is just really nice Cassy is just really nice Cassy is just really nice Cassy is just really nice Cassy is just really nice Cassy is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by louloubelle View Post

She'll probably get a quallie w/c for Sydney or Hobart which will be ideal for her to get some further experience against a higher ranked player.
I'm not so sure they will.

With a list of promising teenagers I can see TA drawing a line through anyone who's age begins in 2 ranked on the wrong side of Storm Sanders.

And if they do it wont be to get experience, they would be expecting her to use it for a points jump if she gets it.
Cassy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:04 PM   #42
louloubelle

I think by sheer weight of numbers she will get one. Across Sydney and Hobart quallies there are usually 10 quallie wildcards to give out, plus the direct acceptances into quallies sometimes fall well into the 300's so the likes of Ar Rodionova, Moore, Adamczak etc.... may not even need one.

Though TA will no doubt promote the next crop of juniors, there still are some rewards for those that continue to improve. I think we are all expecting Jess Moore to come very close for an AO quallie w/c with her efforts across the challengers in October. Again it may be a line ball decision depending if she is competitive in either Sydney/Hobart also.
Old Today, 03:13 AM   #43
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

Abbie Myers would be favourite to win Manly seaside champs and they usually give the winner of that a qwc for Sydney.
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:52 AM   #44
country flag Sandgroper Sam

Sandgroper Sam is a name known to all Sandgroper Sam is a name known to all Sandgroper Sam is a name known to all Sandgroper Sam is a name known to all Sandgroper Sam is a name known to all Sandgroper Sam is a name known to all Sandgroper Sam is a name known to all Sandgroper Sam is a name known to all Sandgroper Sam is a name known to all Sandgroper Sam is a name known to all Sandgroper Sam is a name known to all

Agree, think she and Bai are at that borderline for getting qualies wc.
Sandgroper Sam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:24 AM   #45
country flag ozboy1989

ozboy1989 is just really nice ozboy1989 is just really nice ozboy1989 is just really nice ozboy1989 is just really nice ozboy1989 is just really nice ozboy1989 is just really nice ozboy1989 is just really nice ozboy1989 is just really nice ozboy1989 is just really nice ozboy1989 is just really nice ozboy1989 is just really nice

She deserves one across Janauary, my money is on Sydney...
ozboy1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote