The 2014 Live Scoring Thread - Page 140 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2014, 06:57 PM   #2086
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The 2014 Live Scoring Thread

She seriously has until the YEC to beat Serena or ELSE it will be 10+ years without beating her.
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 27th, 2014, 07:01 PM   #2087
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future

I feel so sorry for Masha - It must be devastating for her to have a Nemesis like Serena - No matter what she does - Masha's faith seems sealed from the start of the match - You can criticize Masha's game all you want - point out what she's done wrong and such - but Serena is just superior and Masha is already beaten as soon she steps on the court - That's the hard truth and I wish there was something she could do to at least win ONE match but I fear that is not going to happen - 15 losses in a row must take it's toll on her confidence and has some devastating effect on her mental state when playing Serena - You can feel and see how tensed Masha's muscles were - hence all the UEs she normally wouldn't hit - All Masha can hope for is for Serena to retire in the near future so she still have some years to shine - *sighs - On the "bright side" - she was at least not blown of court or had to suffer a bagel
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 27th, 2014, 07:08 PM   #2088
country flag malarkist

malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaFan01 View Post
I feel so sorry for Masha - It must be devastating for her to have a Nemesis like Serena - No matter what she does - Masha's faith seems sealed from the start of the match - You can criticize Masha's game all you want - point out what she's done wrong and such - but Serena is just superior and Masha is already beaten as soon she steps on the court - That's the hard truth and I wish there was something she could do to at least win ONE match but I fear that is not going to happen - 15 losses in a row must take it's toll on her confidence and has some devastating effect on her mental state when playing Serena - You can feel and see how tensed Masha's muscles were - hence all the UEs she normally wouldn't hit - All Masha can hope for is for Serena to retire in the near future so she still have some years to shine - *sighs - On the "bright side" - she was at least not blown of court or had to suffer a bagel
ummm what are you talking about. maria was leading at the start of each sets. she was on track to winning those sets.

somebody is getting their #FF on....
malarkist is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 27th, 2014, 07:16 PM   #2089
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

It wasn't a beatdown. It was more or less what I had expected it would be. But Maria can take some positives out of this tournament. She has found some form and if she can take that into the claycourt swing good things are bound to happen.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 27th, 2014, 07:21 PM   #2090
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If Maria stays healthy she will eventually get that win over Serena. I don't think that Serena will retire anytime soon, but she isn't getting any younger and it's inevitable that her level will drop somewhat at some point.
Old Mar 27th, 2014, 07:25 PM   #2091
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by malarkist View Post
ummm what are you talking about. maria was leading at the start of each sets. she was on track to winning those sets.

somebody is getting their #FF on....
Yeah? - so what? - She still lost didn't she - On track is completely unimportant if she could not make it happen
Old Mar 27th, 2014, 07:27 PM   #2092
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just not affected by Serena as I was in the past.

Either I'm really getting older or have just become really immune to this match-up.
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 27th, 2014, 07:27 PM   #2093
country flag MashaFan01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
If Maria stays healthy she will eventually get that win over Serena. I don't think that Serena will retire anytime soon, but she isn't getting any younger and it's inevitable that her level will drop somewhat at some point.
Hoi Chrissie-fan - Alles goed? - Yeah - she can always hope - Personally I am not holding my breath though

Last edited by MashaFan01 : Mar 27th, 2014 at 07:37 PM.
Old Mar 27th, 2014, 07:34 PM   #2094
country flag MashaFan01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
It wasn't a beatdown. It was more or less what I had expected it would be. But Maria can take some positives out of this tournament. She has found some form and if she can take that into the claycourt swing good things are bound to happen.
I really hope that she can do well in the clay season and that she doesn't lose to many ranking points - If she then can go deep in Wimbledon - the USO and the other tournaments on the second half of this year then she might be able to end the year in the top 8 - Who knows - maybe someone else is able to take out Serena in some of the tournaments and clear the way for Masha - because realistically speaking - that is the only way she can win some title(s) this year
Old Mar 27th, 2014, 07:49 PM   #2095
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Hoi Chrissie-fan - Alles goed? - Yeah - she can always hope - Personally I am not holding my breath though
Hallo Masha. No, don't hold your breath. It wouldn't be healthy to do that. Seriously though, the difference between them wasn't THAT big today. Serena was better, but Maria was in it for most of the match. She had opportunities. So although Serena will always be a mountain to climb for Maria, I don't think it's something that can't be done. Of course, with each loss that h2h record becomes mentally harder to overcome - that's also true.
Old Mar 27th, 2014, 08:00 PM   #2096
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
I really hope that she can do well in the clay season and that she doesn't lose to many ranking points - If she then can go deep in Wimbledon - the USO and the other tournaments on the second half of this year then she might be able to end the year in the top 8 - Who knows - maybe someone else is able to take out Serena in some of the tournaments and clear the way for Masha - because realistically speaking - that is the only way she can win some title(s) this year
I think that you are just a bit too pessimistic. She's improving all the time. Miami was definitely a lot better than Indian Wells. And in Miami she got a little bit better with each match. The trajectory of her form is going up, and with a bit of luck she'll be at her peak at just the right time. Serena is a big obstacle, but she's a big obstacle for all the top players, not just Maria. If she stays healthy I think that Maria will do just fine.
Old Mar 27th, 2014, 08:17 PM   #2097
country flag malarkist

malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute

so basically according to mashafan01, as maria was leading 4-1 he always knew maria was gonna lose.
malarkist is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 28th, 2014, 07:49 PM   #2098
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so proud of Maria. She really fought out there and really took it to Serena which is a thing that was lacking in many of their previous encounters. As long as she fights is okay if she loses, after all she is losing against Serena Williams.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 04:47 PM   #2099
country flag GrandMartha

GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute

1-1
Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 04:50 PM   #2100
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold

Where's everyone then? The crowd is great.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread