Tennis Forum banner

Miami QF: Na expels Caro 7-5,7-5

14K views 154 replies 87 participants last post by  klimike 
#1 ·
Poor Caro,couldn't hold at the very end of the 2nd set:awww:

#3 ·
XWTA Miami PM 1000: [2] Na d [11] Climacool Princess Karolina 75 75

Na choked 41 in 1s and had to fight back from 35 in 2s :spit: :sobbing:

but she ends up being the only player to make the SF stage in Indian Wells & Miami :bigwave:

please don't have a letdown against "top 10" Domi :scared:

#4 ·
Nice to see Li Na thinking out there, resettling herself quickly. She won a lot of points just pressuring Caro's strokes with 80% pace and great placement till Caro floated a shot long.

#6 ·
Re: XWTA Miami PM 1000: [2] Na d [11] Climacool Princess Karolina 75 75

Better player and more composed player won. Thank you, Li! :worship:

:spit: :tape: :help: at Wozniacki losing virtually every single point after the missed call at the baseline that led to the replaying of the point (which eventually Li won). Some junior-like mentality from Woz. Embarrassing.

#8 ·
Re: Miami QF: Madame Li d. Peakniacki 7-5 7-5

:spit: :help: :tape: at Wozniacki losing virtually every single point after the missed call at the baseline that led to the replaying of the point (which eventually Li won). Some junior-like mentality from Woz. Embarrassing.

#109 ·

:spit: :help: :tape: at Wozniacki losing virtually every single point after the missed call at the baseline that led to the replaying of the point (which eventually Li won). Some junior-like mentality from Woz. Embarrassing.
I watched it. That was a safe ball for Li while she did not even need to move to touch it, though it was deep. It was fair to replay that point.

#11 ·

Na trolling this so hard. :spit: Can't believe errorna won these sets. It just shows how full of confidence Na is, she wins matches not playing well at all now. And i don't mind that. :angel:

Another semi! PLS PLS PLS make the final. :bounce:

#16 ·

Li :bigclap:

Glad she was able to not make 100 errors today. It was probably more like 80, but <100 summed up her winning in two tight sets :bigclap:

The good thing about Woz this tournament was her dress. It wasn't ugly and it was simple. It was nice.

Reactions: RenaSlam.
#17 ·

Oh God, the announcer just said Li wit 31 Winners and Caro hit 3 Winners :eek:

It was all because Li wanted to hit more errors, and wouldn't let Woz hit winners :rolls:

#18 ·

4 DFs but the winner/UE ratio isn't too bad. Beating two Top 20 players in a row now. Come on Madam Li - your first Miami final and 7:0 clean record against Domi.

Entertaining match, shame about the wrong call re 10th game in 2nd set. Get your rankings up Carolina!

Li played well to wrap up both sets in the end, only if she could play like this during a whole match, she may challenge Serena. Anyway, glad she came through in 2 tough sets. Well done!

#19 ·

Expected, Na is mentally tougher when it counts.
Caro fought despite the elements: super slow court, back injury and the umpire being blind.

#20 ·

Oh my God, Li hit 49 errors :sobbing:

Woz hitting 5W to Li's 30+W.

#21 ·

UGH!!! I had Woz +3.5!!!! :mad: :mad:

#24 ·

woz just has no power what so ever.I just recently got into tennis and watching the matches, but it seems she lacks any shot power at all. Its almost as if she isnt accurate all match she has no shot. She cant produce winners because she cant hit the ball hard enough to get past anyone.

#37 ·

woz just has no power what so ever.I just recently got into tennis and watching the matches, but it seems she lacks any shot power at all. Its almost as if she isnt accurate all match she has no shot. She cant produce winners because she cant hit the ball hard enough to get past anyone.
Wozniacki has magnificent shotmaking if you ask me, but it's not the power kind of one. She has to rely on all court tactics to make effective her sweet topspin mix, while still able to hit pretty decent winners when she feels them, especially with the backhand. Despite not making many winners, she's still an agressive baseliner, and she doesn't only win matches by waiting the opponent's mistake, though she can do that at times also.

You could see in this match how she can serve well, and this alone shows how well she can hit the ball, but her priority's to keep that ball in the court, and it works enough to reach a Miami quarter already (in case it'd mean nothing to some...).

So, as a Woz supporter, I think she can get better from there. Could make a very good year overall if she keeps working seriously.

#26 ·

Oh my, Li's pick-up drop volleys were amazing!

Reactions: QINWEN-GOAT
#27 ·

Sunshine completely folded after that bad call :rolleyes:. Played decently but again showing her focus isn't there these days :sad:.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.