Miami QF: Na expels Caro 7-5,7-5 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 27th, 2014, 01:28 AM   #31
country flag Smitten

Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Miami QF: Madame Li d. Peakniacki 7-5 7-5

Peak Li def. 50% La Borz
Advertisement

Old Mar 27th, 2014, 01:30 AM   #32
country flag Boxuan

Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of

NID next match Pomenika will revenge, but anyway a win is a win

·┏┻━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓
┏┛李娜┣┫·科娃┣┫·郑洁┣┫·莫娜┣┫·彭帅┣┫·斯隆┃
┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛
Boxuan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2014, 01:32 AM   #33
country flag BoucharDRules

BoucharDRules has a brilliant future BoucharDRules has a brilliant future BoucharDRules has a brilliant future BoucharDRules has a brilliant future BoucharDRules has a brilliant future BoucharDRules has a brilliant future BoucharDRules has a brilliant future BoucharDRules has a brilliant future BoucharDRules has a brilliant future BoucharDRules has a brilliant future BoucharDRules has a brilliant future

Nooooo! Terrible match-up for Domi.

Official Spokeswoman of Team DR: Sloane "The Truth" Stephens

Team DR Hall of Fame: Dementieva Domachowska Kournikova Dokic Tulyagonova Harkleroad Schett
BoucharDRules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2014, 01:33 AM   #34
country flag softlights

softlights is a name known to all softlights is a name known to all softlights is a name known to all softlights is a name known to all softlights is a name known to all softlights is a name known to all softlights is a name known to all softlights is a name known to all softlights is a name known to all softlights is a name known to all softlights is a name known to all

Na trolled Caro like no tomorrow. So many dips in focus and form as per usual, but a massive improvement for her this year in that she can mentally withstand all her horrible play and win ugly.

Hope Caro's back will be okay.
Old Mar 27th, 2014, 01:35 AM   #35
country flag leftbrian

leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future

32 out of 39 points Woz won in the 1st set were from Li's errors. Top this off with 1 winner of her own

Peak Woz.
leftbrian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2014, 01:36 AM   #36
country flag versa90

versa90 is just really nice versa90 is just really nice versa90 is just really nice versa90 is just really nice versa90 is just really nice versa90 is just really nice versa90 is just really nice versa90 is just really nice versa90 is just really nice versa90 is just really nice versa90 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisJerry View Post
great. another rematch of AO final.
what's NA's UF count?
49UF 4DFS 31 WS
versa90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2014, 01:37 AM   #37
country flag Hugues Daniel
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wow strong misc View Post
woz just has no power what so ever.I just recently got into tennis and watching the matches, but it seems she lacks any shot power at all. Its almost as if she isnt accurate all match she has no shot. She cant produce winners because she cant hit the ball hard enough to get past anyone.
Wozniacki has magnificent shotmaking if you ask me, but it's not the power kind of one. She has to rely on all court tactics to make effective her sweet topspin mix, while still able to hit pretty decent winners when she feels them, especially with the backhand. Despite not making many winners, she's still an agressive baseliner, and she doesn't only win matches by waiting the opponent's mistake, though she can do that at times also.

You could see in this match how she can serve well, and this alone shows how well she can hit the ball, but her priority's to keep that ball in the court, and it works enough to reach a Miami quarter already (in case it'd mean nothing to some...).

So, as a Woz supporter, I think she can get better from there. Could make a very good year overall if she keeps working seriously.
Hugues Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2014, 01:43 AM   #38
country flag HRHoliviasmith

HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute

Caro

Na
HRHoliviasmith is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2014, 01:44 AM   #39
country flag SasiadkaGienia

SasiadkaGienia is a name known to all SasiadkaGienia is a name known to all SasiadkaGienia is a name known to all SasiadkaGienia is a name known to all SasiadkaGienia is a name known to all SasiadkaGienia is a name known to all SasiadkaGienia is a name known to all SasiadkaGienia is a name known to all SasiadkaGienia is a name known to all SasiadkaGienia is a name known to all SasiadkaGienia is a name known to all

Are you serious? Both played amazing tennis. The best match from Miami this year.
Li FINALLY found some form, hit a lot of stunning winners and was goating at the net.
I haven't seen Caro playing so well for some time now. Only her confidence was questionable. I hope she will keep this form.
SasiadkaGienia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2014, 01:44 AM   #40
country flag pancake

pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I was thinking about the 2011 AO semifinal, where Caroline was one point, on her serve, from a routine 2 set win and her 2nd slam final. Unraveled, and Li went on to win 2 majors.
Here's a chance for Caroline to start making her ascent again.
I'm really looking forward to seeing this (who knows if its streamed or not?)
Neither one of them were on tv today.
I've said all along Caro's good form would have her #2 now, here's the real #2 vs Caro in form.
Great match, the one match I most want to see is this one.
I guess Li's the real #2 for a reason.
pancake is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2014, 01:44 AM   #41
country flag Ntosake

Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to Li Na!

Well, Woz tried to take it to three, but lost her way after the chair's bad call.

Oh, and congrats to Li for being the first Chinese woman in the final four of this great tournament.
Ntosake is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2014, 01:46 AM   #42
country flag OnceUponADream

OnceUponADream is a splendid one to behold OnceUponADream is a splendid one to behold OnceUponADream is a splendid one to behold OnceUponADream is a splendid one to behold OnceUponADream is a splendid one to behold OnceUponADream is a splendid one to behold OnceUponADream is a splendid one to behold OnceUponADream is a splendid one to behold OnceUponADream is a splendid one to behold OnceUponADream is a splendid one to behold OnceUponADream is a splendid one to behold

Can someone explain the "bad call"?
OnceUponADream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2014, 01:48 AM   #43
country flag homogenius

homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugues Daniel View Post
Wozniacki has magnificent shotmaking if you ask me, but it's not the power kind of one. She has to rely on all court tactics to make effective her sweet topspin mix, while still able to hit pretty decent winners when she feels them, especially with the backhand. Despite not making many winners, she's still an agressive baseliner, and she doesn't only win matches by waiting the opponent's mistake, though she can do that at times also.

You could see in this match how she can serve well, and this alone shows how well she can hit the ball, but her priority's to keep that ball in the court, and it works enough to reach a Miami quarter already (in case it'd mean nothing to some...).

So, as a Woz supporter, I think she can get better from there. Could make a very good year overall if she keeps working seriously.
homogenius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2014, 01:52 AM   #44
country flag hpme

hpme is a splendid one to behold hpme is a splendid one to behold hpme is a splendid one to behold hpme is a splendid one to behold hpme is a splendid one to behold hpme is a splendid one to behold hpme is a splendid one to behold hpme is a splendid one to behold hpme is a splendid one to behold hpme is a splendid one to behold hpme is a splendid one to behold

Expected result.
Woz played really good today, she should gain some confidence from the match

------------------------------------
play stronger, play smarter

hpme is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2014, 01:53 AM   #45
country flag Couver
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute

Caro

But this wasn't such a bad loss. She should have taken that second set but at least there were some signs of improvement to her game. Of course clay season starts next But some positives to work on going forward.

Congrats to Li. Rematch of the Oz final. Should be interesting.

Couver is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote