Early entries - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 13th, 2014, 10:02 AM   #1
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute
Early entries

Both Jankovic and Ivanovic have committed.
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 24th, 2014, 12:36 PM   #2
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Early entries

YES !

Go get your first grass title, Ana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceboy View Post
Both Jankovic and Ivanovic have committed.
Are they the only two players confirmed so far?
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2014, 10:06 PM   #3
country flag Spencer.
Backhand Pays the Bills

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute

Thank God Jelena shows she might actually want to get some competitive matches on grass before Wimbledon

I think it's also quite odd Ana doesn't have a grass title to her name
Spencer. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 04:21 PM   #4
country flag Vefci Y
You are not likeable,but I like you

Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of

Jelena can play 2 MMs before Wimbledon?

Jankovic~Govortsova~Minella~Tsurenko~A-Radwanska~Konjuh~Mattek-Sands

Capriati-Li-Golovin-A.Bondarenko-Safina-Vakulenko-Sprem-Dulko
Vefci Y is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 04:28 PM   #5
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tildeloltilde View Post
I think it's also quite odd Ana doesn't have a grass title to her name
That's not a surprise, actually.

Grass is her worse surface.

She hasn't really done good on grass at all outside of Wimbledon because she doesn't seem to take them that serious. Although she can definitely play some good tennis on the surface when she's on. Hence why she's a former Wimbledon semifinalist.

I'm hoping for a grass court title too, though. Last time she played in Birmingham she got the SF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vefci Y View Post
Jelena can play 2 MMs before Wimbledon?
Birmingham is a Premier level tournament starting this year.
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 04:59 PM   #6
country flag Spencer.
Backhand Pays the Bills

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute
I remember that SF. I watched it on TC and wanted her to win. Didn't she lose to Hantuchova after being a set up or something?

She had a flat serve and pretty flat FH that I thought would constitute good grass court play, but her movement is pretty poor (which is no shock because if you're slow then grass makes it worse ) and if the backhand doesn't get enough pop on it, she doesn't hit through it well and it sits up for the opponent. I wouldn't mind her winning it.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 05:29 PM   #7
country flag Panther24

I just read my previous and noticed some mistakes. I was writing it too fast so my apologies if it didn't make sense at times.

And yeah. Ana has the game to be successful on grass but she's just not as natural on the surface as compared to clay or hard. Her big weapons usually give her advantage on grass if she's playing well, though. Which is nice to see when that happens. Although you did mention her backhand on the surface. For a fan of hers that has been quite painful to watch, especially on grass the last couple of years.

Her level dropped immensely in that match with Hantuchova after a really tight first set. But Dani also upped her level and it was a bad mix cause Dani is a pretty good grass court player herself. Just to mention her only two losses to her have come on grass.

I think she definitely has what it takes to win a grass court title but we'll see when Birmingham arrives.

I wouldn't count Jelena out. She's a former champ here (her only win over Maria ) and has two other finals (still cannot believe that loss to Oudin, though ). For sure is her most successful grass court event and will bring it when the time comes.

Plus, we're overdue for a Serbian sister showdown on grass. The only surface they haven't met yet.
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 07:05 PM   #8
country flag Spencer.
Backhand Pays the Bills

Jelena got fucked by the constant raining that year and had to play Doi (semi tight 2 setter) and then Zheng the same day (3 setter 57 76 61)

Oudin played like 2 sets the day before with Falconi and then on the same day JJ has to play 2 matches, Oudin only had to play 1 set (which was to finish her SF).

Jelena's fatigue mixed with Oudin's confidence made it a horrible day for JJ fans I'm still pissed

Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 07:37 PM   #9
country flag flareon

flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute

I will wait for eastbourne list, to see if my Empress plays there as well, if not I may make a trip, I have not seen my Empress and I feel we both need to be in each others presence
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: 1/2 Kuala Lumpur Singles,Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=),F Istanbul 50kDW/Phil=)
flareon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 09:01 PM   #10
country flag Spencer.
Backhand Pays the Bills

Quote:
Originally Posted by flareon View Post
I will wait for eastbourne list, to see if my Empress plays there as well, if not I may make a trip, I have not seen my Empress and I feel we both need to be in each others presence
I want to go SO BADLY to Brimingham and Eastbourne Wimbledon will be too hard to go to, so I've always wanted to go to them.

If you do go and she plays there please take 105736385 pictures!

Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 09:07 PM   #11
country flag flareon

flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute

Yes well shes my fav and one of the few I have not seen so I think I will make the trip, I have a feeling Sharapova will probably sign as well after last years mess.
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: 1/2 Kuala Lumpur Singles,Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=),F Istanbul 50kDW/Phil=)
flareon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2014, 06:59 PM   #12
country flag Moo_21

Moo_21 is a name known to all Moo_21 is a name known to all Moo_21 is a name known to all Moo_21 is a name known to all Moo_21 is a name known to all Moo_21 is a name known to all Moo_21 is a name known to all Moo_21 is a name known to all Moo_21 is a name known to all Moo_21 is a name known to all Moo_21 is a name known to all

Not a surprise at all, but Lisicki is the first name to be officially confirmed.

http://www.lta.org.uk/fans-major-eve...Aegon-Classic/

http://mootennis.com
Moo_21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2014, 02:14 PM   #13
Miss Amor
Legendary

Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by flareon View Post
I will wait for eastbourne list
Same, but since its a premium now, I am hoping for a better entry list for this one.

Miss Amor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2014, 07:28 PM   #14
country flag C-Woz-A-Rod

C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold

Hoping to go to this, this year.

Only an hour train ride, from where I live.

Now it's a Premier event, hopefully it will be better than previous years.
Old Apr 11th, 2014, 03:24 AM   #15
country flag Proflyer98

Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of

Ivanovic via Facebook: "I’ve decided to return to Birmingham for the AEGON Classic this year. I really enjoy my time in England and love the challenge of playing on grass, even if I haven’t quite mastered it! I hope to see you there!"
Vesna Dolonc
Aleksandra Krunic
Jovana Jaksic
Proflyer98 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote