Miami R3: Williams def Garcia 6-4 4-6 6-4 - Page 35 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2014, 08:28 AM   #511
country flag Couver
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute Couver has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Miami R3: Williams def Garcia 6-4 4-6 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_CLAUDIA_1961 View Post
YO, Serena has more singles slams than them PUT together. Talk about PATHETIC plus Maria hasn't beaten her in 10 years. Talk about PATHETIC. ...

YOU'RE pathetic ....
Yikes they've resorted to dipping into the money well to try and win. Serena has got these girls frothing and scooting all over the place how many hours after crushing their hopes yet again?
Couver is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 23rd, 2014, 08:30 AM   #512
country flag phantomplayer89

phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjason View Post
So what??????
Pova and Na are probably 10 times richer than Serena Williams

She is extremely pathetic
And also all your renatards
Man, are you stupid.
Stay pressed hating behind your computer screen.
phantomplayer89 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 23rd, 2014, 08:34 AM   #513

phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstition View Post
Contrast does matter, to anyone. It's a fundamental fact of life. If someone is silent more often then people are more likely to notice the noise. This is like intermittent reward scheduling versus constant reward scheduling (related to gambling).

Sharapova tends to be much more constant and people are already expecting to be annoyed when they see her. Also, her screams are so common that the emotional response is less likely to occur. When I heard Serena scream against Shvedova I had an immediate response of fear for her. It sounded like she was being physically attacked. I don't recall hearing that before or after, although I didn't finish watching the match because I assumed Shvedova would crumble. People can talk about Sharapova all they like to pass the buck but I found it unacceptable. Yes, Sharapova's noise is also not acceptable.

As one commentator said, it should have been dealt with when Seles came onto the scene.

The closest approximation is perhaps Zulawaga's serving which sounded somewhat like she was being stabbed as I recall.

Then where are all your complaints about her? You have no problem constantly bitching and moaning about Serena. But I haven't seen one post from you in her results thread complaining? And please don't try the damn excuse that her screams are so common. During points? Yes. After points? No.
Old Mar 23rd, 2014, 08:35 AM   #514
country flag andyjason

andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomplayer89 View Post
I NEVER discredited Li Na for winning the AO. I said that I can't consider her one of the front runner for inheriting #1 this season because she hasn't played any TOP TEN opponents so far this season, and she has struggled mightily against lower-ranked ones. Please try some reading comprehension before you try to twist actual facts to help your own failing argument.

And yes, it is a double standard between Serena and Maria. All you pathetic haters bitch and moan when Serena's showing her intensity and yelling Come ons!!!! and fistpumping. But you have nothing to say when it's Maria doing the same thing. Just look at the live scores thread.
You did try to discredit her AO
Fine if you are afraid of admitting it

I mean which top player hasn't struggle against low ranked players?

Beating Cibulkova is easy?
Beating Pennetta is easy?
Beating Makarova is easy?
Beating Safarova is easy?

Somehow they are much more difficult than. Top 10 players like Errani Kerber or even Kvitova Jankovic
andyjason is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 23rd, 2014, 08:35 AM   #515
country flag Kiki4Ever

Kiki4Ever has a brilliant future Kiki4Ever has a brilliant future Kiki4Ever has a brilliant future Kiki4Ever has a brilliant future Kiki4Ever has a brilliant future Kiki4Ever has a brilliant future Kiki4Ever has a brilliant future Kiki4Ever has a brilliant future Kiki4Ever has a brilliant future Kiki4Ever has a brilliant future Kiki4Ever has a brilliant future

Quote:
Are you fucking kidding me??
I can say whatever I want
The idiotic die hard fans of Serena cannot accept people hate their fav

Pathetic as hell

Ya no matter how well she does she still earn much less than Pova and Na
This is really pathetic
EARN? Serena is the biggest real earner in the history of sports, she earns her dues because she works hard for it. That's what stands out in tennis history records, not some cheap endorsement 'dole'

Glory is 4ever, & that's what Serena has
Kiki4Ever is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 23rd, 2014, 08:35 AM   #516
country flag Hugues Daniel
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstition View Post
As one commentator said, it should have been dealt with when Seles came onto the scene.
At the Wimbledon meeting for the 40 anniversary of WTA last summer, Rena made a (very good) speech, and told to Monica with humor, that she owed her screaming to her. Funny and true!
Hugues Daniel is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 23rd, 2014, 08:36 AM   #517
country flag andyjason

andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Man, are you stupid.
Stay pressed hating behind your computer screen.

Are you an idiot???
Jealous Pova and Na are much richer than your fav who get less sponsors?
Hahaha pathetic Renatards
Old Mar 23rd, 2014, 08:36 AM   #518
country flag Marcus1979
Team WTAworld

Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
So what??????

That is some deluded logic there.

Based on that Pova is greater than Evert, Navratilova, Graf, Seles, and every great on the HOF list just because she benefited of being a top player in an era where players earn more

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

Quote:
Originally Posted by honzaneumannn View Post
So who will win the next 6 Wimbledons? Petra 2 of them, thats for sure. And dont even try to tell me that you see some hotter candidates than hers!
Marcus1979 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 23rd, 2014, 08:38 AM   #519
country flag Orbis

Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future Orbis has a brilliant future

What a mess in here

Topsy-turvy match, I didn't expect Garcia to suddenly up the ante and take the second set like that. A lot of fight from her this match, good to see. Serena is so tough as usual to pull through at the end though, champion. I see so many complaining about her grunts/come on's, as if she just started doing that today? I mean I didn't see the match so I don't know but the backlash is too much.

On the other hand, some people need to stop painting it like Serena's some super special target for hatred. She's been the overwhelmingly dominant player the past couple years and she has a fiery on-court persona. Of course she's going to have vocal haters, she's not the first. Wozniacki in 2010/2011/2012 was getting brutal hate and criticism all the time. Errani was mercilessly picked upon last year while getting very little support.

IMO on MTF Nadal gets more hate than Serena gets here, but for similar reasons. Dominant player, clutch fighter, on-court ferocity and will to win. Plus on-court habits/antics that get magnified 100-fold by haters as a result of them being so good.

Just stop trying to make it "Serena against the World", when in reality it's "TF hates everyone, especially if you're good though".
Orbis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 23rd, 2014, 08:39 AM   #520
country flag andyjason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki4Ever View Post
EARN? Serena is the biggest real earner in the history of sports, she earns her dues because she works hard for it. That's what stands out in tennis history records, not some cheap endorsement 'dole'

Glory is 4ever, & that's what Serena has

Who's fucking care
Pova and Na are still much richer than the so called "Queen"
Hahaha
Old Mar 23rd, 2014, 08:39 AM   #521
country flag Set It Off

Set It Off has a reputation beyond repute Set It Off has a reputation beyond repute Set It Off has a reputation beyond repute Set It Off has a reputation beyond repute Set It Off has a reputation beyond repute Set It Off has a reputation beyond repute Set It Off has a reputation beyond repute Set It Off has a reputation beyond repute Set It Off has a reputation beyond repute Set It Off has a reputation beyond repute Set It Off has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So what??????

Oh my you're exposing what a silly child you are making comments like this. Even though my favorite isn't as good as yours she makes more than yours do. You don't understand that some of us realizes how these things work. Come here, right now
Old Mar 23rd, 2014, 08:39 AM   #522

Quote:
You did try to discredit her AO
Fine if you are afraid of admitting it

I mean which top player hasn't struggle against low ranked players?

Beating Cibulkova is easy?
Beating Pennetta is easy?
Beating Makarova is easy?
Beating Safarova is easy?

Somehow they are much more difficult than. Top 10 players like Errani Kerber or even Kvitova Jankovic
No, I didn't discredit her AO. Please QUOTE where I said her AO was weak and she was lucky. QUOTE where I said that. Oh, that's right. You can't.

Which top player has struggled closing out a player ranked outside the 200? 11 MPs needed and DFs on 4 of them.
And let's not forget her loss to the #134th-ranked qualifier Petra Cetkovska.

Like I said, she's not a front-runner to overtake Serena for #1. That DOESN'T discredit her AO win. But please, keep believing it does. It makes you sound more pathetic.
Old Mar 23rd, 2014, 08:40 AM   #523
country flag superstition

superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Then where are all your complaints about her? You have no problem constantly bitching and moaning about Serena. But I haven't seen one post from you in her results thread complaining?

Quote:
And please don't try the damn excuse that her screams are so common.
It's an explanation. Contrast matters to human cognition as does expectation related to frequency. I have heard that plenty of people watch Sharapova matches with the sound off. I usually turn them up to annoy my friend for a laugh, but otherwise I use the mute as well.
Quote:
During points? Yes. After points? No.
Nit picking. Your argument that people don't criticize Sharapova's noise-making is not supported by the evidence, unless you're just talking about a small group of people which pretty much makes it irrelevant. Sharapova, by far, receives the most criticism about her noisiness.
superstition is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 23rd, 2014, 08:44 AM   #524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugues Daniel View Post
At the Wimbledon meeting for the 40 anniversary of WTA last summer, Rena made a (very good) speech, and told to Monica with humor, that she owed her screaming to her. Funny and true!
She said she started grunting because of Seles. Not screaming. There's a difference.
Old Mar 23rd, 2014, 08:47 AM   #525
country flag Marcus1979
Team WTAworld

Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute

who started the screaming and shrieking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by honzaneumannn View Post
So who will win the next 6 Wimbledons? Petra 2 of them, thats for sure. And dont even try to tell me that you see some hotter candidates than hers!
Marcus1979 is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread