Miami R2: (5) Angelique Kerber outlasts Shaui Peng 6-3 1-6 7-6 (7-5) - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 20th, 2014, 05:29 PM   #46
country flag 2moretogo

2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of
Re: Miami R2: (5) Angelique Kerber outlasts Shaui Peng 6-3 1-6 7-6 (7-5)

Wow, Peng smh. I don't even know what that was. She completely lost the plot there up 5-2.
Advertisement

Old Mar 20th, 2014, 05:30 PM   #47
country flag Proflyer98

Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of

Only happy for Kerber due to the fact that she is winning me points in Three Hands game for Miami. Otherwise, Kerber is gonna flop soon. I have a feeling.
Vesna Dolonc
Aleksandra Krunic
Jovana Jaksic
Proflyer98 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2014, 05:31 PM   #48
country flag Hugues Daniel
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomplayer89 View Post
She's also lost many matches this way. She struggles and doesn't recover. Nothing special. That's why she's not a threat to win these big events.
I'm not a stats freak but I'm pretty sure Angie won more close matches than she lost some, especially this year. She had a bad end of season last year til the YEC, but recovered remarkably since.
Hugues Daniel is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2014, 05:32 PM   #49
country flag Mario101

Mario101 has much to be proud of Mario101 has much to be proud of Mario101 has much to be proud of Mario101 has much to be proud of Mario101 has much to be proud of Mario101 has much to be proud of Mario101 has much to be proud of Mario101 has much to be proud of Mario101 has much to be proud of Mario101 has much to be proud of Mario101 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superawesome View Post
To be fair Angie showed a lot of heart. She dug in. She needs to step it up though.
Nah I saw a kerber that was crying and giving up until her opponent politely invited her back in the match telling her, dont give up....Im the biggest chocker out there. Peng lost this match. When win 11 of 14 games and cant serve the match out. Its a chocke
Mario101 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2014, 05:35 PM   #50
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario101 View Post
Nah I saw a kerber that was crying and giving up until her opponent politely invited her back in the match telling her, dont give up....Im the biggest chocker out there. Peng lost this match. When win 11 of 14 games and cant serve the match out. Its a chocke
Peng lost this match to a fighter. Angie cried a bit on her chair cause she's a fighter. A player who doesn't care can happily let it go. Angie didn't let it go.
Old Mar 20th, 2014, 05:37 PM   #51
country flag phantomplayer89

phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugues Daniel View Post
I'm not a stats freak but I'm pretty sure Angie won more close matches than she lost some, especially this year. She had a bad end of season last year til the YEC, but recovered remarkably since.
Not that many close matches this year. Jankovic beat her going away in Brisbane after she dropped the opening set TB. Need we even discuss the Sydney final? Pennetta beat her in the AO. Lost to Ana in Dubai in a third set TB. Lost to Torro-Flor last week in IW, after serving for the match. And that's just this year.

Let's not forget her collapse against Kanepi at Wimby last year. Her loss to Suarez Navarro at the USO. Losing to Petra twice last fall. Need I go on?
phantomplayer89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2014, 05:38 PM   #52

phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future phantomplayer89 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Peng lost this match to a fighter. Angie cried a bit on her chair cause she's a fighter. A player who doesn't care can happily let it go. Angie didn't let it go.
OMG!!!

Come off it. A lot of girls are fighters, and you don't see them crying when things aren't going their way. She was out of this match until Peng gave it away.
Old Mar 20th, 2014, 05:39 PM   #53
country flag eason

eason is just really nice eason is just really nice eason is just really nice eason is just really nice eason is just really nice eason is just really nice eason is just really nice eason is just really nice eason is just really nice eason is just really nice eason is just really nice
can shushu be more stupid?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
eason is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2014, 05:40 PM   #54
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassipops View Post
Kerber beat a grand total of 2 top ten players last year - Caro *cough* and Aga - and won ONE lousy MM tournament. The ONLY way she's going to stay up there is by playing a lot and trying to scavenge points when she can.
Really.

Radwanska YEC
Radwanska Tokyo
Wozniacki Tokyo

Doesn´t strengthen your argument, when you twists the facts to suit your point.

That´s three top ten wins and also six losses. 3-6 against top 10 level opposition. A negative record against the top ten is pretty common for a player in the bottom half of the top 10. Wozniacki was 2-6, JJ was 5-9, Errani was 2-12, Kvitova was 8-6 in 2013.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2014, 05:46 PM   #55
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Not that many close matches this year. Jankovic beat her going away in Brisbane after she dropped the opening set TB. Need we even discuss the Sydney final? Pennetta beat her in the AO. Lost to Ana in Dubai in a third set TB. Lost to Torro-Flor last week in IW, after serving for the match. And that's just this year.

Let's not forget her collapse against Kanepi at Wimby last year. Her loss to Suarez Navarro at the USO. Losing to Petra twice last fall. Need I go on?
This year Kerber has only lost to players playing the big game. Nothing to be ashamed of. She's a example of consistency. That's what you learn to know about Kerber when you follow WTA. That's the huge progress I saw with her since the YEC. She's a top 10 player and it's only the beginning.

Patrick's comments are pertinent. I don't know how much a scheduling can be exhausting, though. I remember Hingis saying training is more exhausting than competing on the tour.
Old Mar 20th, 2014, 05:49 PM   #56
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
OMG!!!

Come off it. A lot of girls are fighters, and you don't see them crying when things aren't going their way. She was out of this match until Peng gave it away.
Yeah, you don't even understand that? The tears of rage and frustration? You don't? Keep praying the Lord, then!
Old Mar 20th, 2014, 05:50 PM   #57
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute
Nid ths idiot needs Hsieh to win matches for her.

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2014, 05:53 PM   #58

Quote:
This year Kerber has only lost to players playing the big game. Nothing to be ashamed of. She's a example of consistency. That's what you learn to know about Kerber when you follow WTA. That's the huge progress I saw with her since the YEC. She's a top 10 player and it's only the beginning.

Patrick's comments are pertinent. I don't know how much a scheduling can be exhausting, though. I remember Hingis saying training is more exhausting than competing on the tour.
She's been a top 10 player for 2 years now. We're way past the "beginning". She's never going to be inside the top 5. Getting to #5 was as close as she'll ever get.
Old Mar 20th, 2014, 05:55 PM   #59

Quote:
Yeah, you don't even understand that? The tears of rage and frustration? You don't? Keep praying the Lord, then!
Please name other top players that are crying when things aren't going well? I've seen players get mad, break racquets, berate themselves, but never cry. They don't need to cry to show their anger. They get focused and play better.
Old Mar 20th, 2014, 05:57 PM   #60
country flag Mario101

Mario101 has much to be proud of Mario101 has much to be proud of Mario101 has much to be proud of Mario101 has much to be proud of Mario101 has much to be proud of Mario101 has much to be proud of Mario101 has much to be proud of Mario101 has much to be proud of Mario101 has much to be proud of Mario101 has much to be proud of Mario101 has much to be proud of

Quote:
I didnt know fighters cried DURING MATCHES Im sure thats what Lisicki was doing. She lost 11 of 14 games and the ones she won on her serve she was saving break points. Uo to 5-2 it was very one sided since end of the first. Fighter my ass Her body language was clear as day
Mario101 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote