Simona's MILESTONES - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 26th, 2014, 06:34 AM   #16
country flag crzvn

crzvn is just really nice crzvn is just really nice crzvn is just really nice crzvn is just really nice crzvn is just really nice crzvn is just really nice crzvn is just really nice crzvn is just really nice crzvn is just really nice crzvn is just really nice crzvn is just really nice
Re: Simona's MILESTONES

I know it's not a big fuss, but I will add Nov 2013: MIP award by WTA

great thread and awesome job by Cheddar :-)
crzvn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 26th, 2014, 07:14 AM   #17
country flag CristianB8

CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcP View Post
Your English was almost perfect which is why I think I was a little confused by "semnificative" which is not an English word. Anyway, I was agreeing with the overall gist of your post that, in the long run, Simona has made a consistent rise to the top. I much appreciate your effort to express yourself in English as expressing myself in Romanian is not just hard -- it is impossible and your English is miles ahead of Google Translate.
Damn, I wanted to mean significant (as Cheddar said), not semnificative, sorry
Thanks for your feedback regarding English (but I know that still isn't so good )

Simona Halep!
CristianB8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2014, 08:39 AM   #18
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of
Jun-Jul 2009 : Sacrificed her tits for tennis. -------- I Had to say it

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #107 - W: Vero Beach '14, Astana '14; TT-d: #116 - W: Astana '14, Landisville '14 w/ Palin6o; RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch;
Suicide: #46 - W: New Haven '14; RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #20 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #69
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2014, 09:48 AM   #19
country flag Laur0707

Laur0707 is just really nice Laur0707 is just really nice Laur0707 is just really nice Laur0707 is just really nice Laur0707 is just really nice Laur0707 is just really nice Laur0707 is just really nice Laur0707 is just really nice Laur0707 is just really nice Laur0707 is just really nice Laur0707 is just really nice

Excellent new thread, I bet we're gonna have plenty to write about in the months and years to come!
Laur0707 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2014, 09:49 PM   #20
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

Three suggestions made above have been added to the first post. I have skipped adding Simona's 'big sacrifice'.

A question regarding Mariana Simionescu ... why is she almost never mentioned when the highest ranked Romanian women are mentioned? Everywhere else I read & hear that Simona is only the 3rd Romanian woman to be ranked Top 10 after Irina Spirlea (#7) and Virginia Ruzici (#8). I think even the WTA website said this after Simona made the Top 10.
Old Feb 26th, 2014, 09:59 PM   #21
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute
Very good thread, mate.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

PART-TIME POSTER
NeKo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2014, 10:09 PM   #22

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarChomper View Post
Three suggestions made above have been added to the first post. I have skipped adding Simona's 'big sacrifice'.

A question regarding Mariana Simionescu ... why is she almost never mentioned when the highest ranked Romanian women are mentioned? Everywhere else I read & hear that Simona is only the 3rd Romanian woman to be ranked Top 10 after Irina Spirlea (#7) and Virginia Ruzici (#8). I think even the WTA website said this after Simona made the Top 10.
Because the WTA site is a joke regarding some matters (especially players database) . There are many missing players from the 70's and the 80's ,not only Romanians and this is the main cause why she is rarely mentioned.

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #107 - W: Vero Beach '14, Astana '14; TT-d: #116 - W: Astana '14, Landisville '14 w/ Palin6o; RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch;
Suicide: #46 - W: New Haven '14; RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #20 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #69
Old Feb 26th, 2014, 10:25 PM   #23
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold

Unfortunately she is more known for being the Yoko Ono of tennis
Not A Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2014, 11:17 PM   #24
country flag oliverdescants

oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all

What excellent data CheddarChomper has fabricated. I, too, applaud this thread.
oliverdescants is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2014, 06:01 AM   #25
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Fan View Post
Unfortunately she is more known for being the Yoko Ono of tennis
.??

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2014, 06:25 AM   #26
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
.??
Known for being someone`s wife, but unknown for her own work. People always put social life first
s0higher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 04:50 PM   #27

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

The first 3 posts have all been updated after Simona's participation in Indian Wells.
Old Mar 17th, 2014, 01:39 AM   #28
country flag Markmen
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold Markmen is a splendid one to behold

They still have her seeded 6th for Miami (due to Azarenka's withdrawal) Otherwise she should have been 4th seed. BUMMER
2014: W CYP (S) Paris; Doha; Stuttgart. (D): (Spencer.) Indian Wells; Madrid; Strasbourg. Tipping (S) Birmingham; Wuhan (D) (mariusz_pol) Cincinnati; Miami; Indian Wells; Madrid; Rome; French Open. Q-Ball Rome; Strasbourg; Baku Triathalon Oeiras; Nurnberg; Birmingham. Tip Easy Tokyo.
R/U FITD (S) Rio; (D) Indian Wells. CYP (D) (Spencer.) Paris; Birmingham. (S) Katowice; Doha; French Open; Stanford. Tipping (D) (mariusz_pol) Aust O; Doha; Wimbledon; Montreal. Triathalon Eastbourne. Tip Easy Hong Kong Tipping Doubles Toray. Q-Ball China, Tianjin
2013: W Tipping (D) Beijing; USO. (S) Bastad. CYP (D) US Open; Guangzhou; Linz. FITD Oeiras.
RANKINGS Tipping (S) = 16 (D) = 1 FITD (S) = 26 (D) = 11 CYP (S) = 3 CYP (D) = 1 QBall = 17
Markmen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2014, 08:19 PM   #29

Posts 1 & 2 updated with Simona's new milestone and Top 10 & 20 records.
Old May 11th, 2014, 08:28 PM   #30

You'll have to edit the posts again next week (at least #1 and #3) because Kvitova won't win Rome and Simona'll be WTA #4

Hopefully , you'll get to edit post #2 as well (in a positive way )