Indian Wells 2014 - Once - Twice - Three Times the Champion? - Page 23 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 11th, 2014, 09:39 PM   #331
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Indian Wells 2014 - Once - Twice - Three Times the Champion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
I never thought the day will come when the Empress is ahead of Maria again Nevertheless, I'm so happy with her performances lately, she played a great match against Caro. Ofc, now I fully expect her to flop to Flavia or even worse, Maria's executioner
You're talking about the final?

Jankovic is playing Cornet or Radwanska next.

Cannot meet Giorgi or Pennetta until the final (if any if these two make it that far).
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 11th, 2014, 10:07 PM   #332
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute

Please win the title Empress.

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych Ancic Soderling
Kitten63 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 10:46 PM   #333
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther24 View Post
You're talking about the final?

Jankovic is playing Cornet or Radwanska next.

Cannot meet Giorgi or Pennetta until the final (if any if these two make it that far).
Ooh, I mixed something up, I got in my mind that she was actually in Maria's 1/4 Radwanska, just perfect

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2014, 01:32 AM   #334
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold
Giorgi really gave Maria no rhythm at all and her balls are so low that Maria needed to bend her legs for nearly all balls she hit back. That said I think at this stage there is no structured tennis from Maria at the moment she isn't able to finish the shots the way they should be and she gave lots of chances to her opponents to move her around. Im hoping a better result in Miami. Her intensity and focus need to come back.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
goldlion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2014, 02:02 AM   #335
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I don't think it's baby Fed's fault. It's too easy to always blame the boyfriend when things go wrong. I see the same thing at the Woz forum. Among Vika fans the're probably blaming red poo. And that Radek thing probably isn't very popular with Kvitova fans either. But they are all young girls and they can't be expected to live like nuns.
I am being ridiculously sarcastic with the shit throwing at Dimi. I simply don't think Maria is entirely healthy and that she's giving enough attention to her craft. This downturn was kinda inevitable with the time off due to pain and new coach. I just don't think any of us were prepared for it to be this bad.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2014, 10:42 AM   #336
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

Guess what, Giorgi got trashed by Pennetta....
Abuttons is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2014, 01:06 PM   #337
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

How shocking.
Maybe the so-called "journalists" who wrote things like "outstanding performance" about Giorgi beating Maria will realize how atrocious and awful Maria played in that match and Giorgi playing her usual.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2014, 02:43 PM   #338
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

People at GM were trying to make the case that Camila's performance against Maria was brilliant and awe-inspiring. Yet, despite Maria playing one of the worst matches of career, with a -42 winner/error differential, Giorgi still barely scraped out a 7-5 3rd set win. If Maria played just 5% better, she wins.

I gave credit for Camila playing the big points better, but, overall, the match could be described as Giorgi sucking a little less than Maria. Camila was terrible against Maria and she was terrible against Flavia. The only difference was Pennetta performed like a top ranked player and did what a good player should do against the 79th ranked qualifier.

This match had similarities to Oudin. Everyone rushed to praise her for her monumental achievement and just conveniently overlooked how badly Maria played.

Cibulkova beating Maria was impressive. Pavs beating Maria was impressive. But this Giorgi match? Rubbish.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2014, 02:57 PM   #339
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Of course she lost to scrub who was kicked out right away. Yeah, Maria is playing awful nowadays and she clearly stated the reasons why is like that at her presser, but she still should have won that disaster match....had 2 chances to serve it out....what a doubter she is today, her eyes say it all.....
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2014, 04:53 PM   #340
country flag Mattheus
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Mattheus is a name known to all Mattheus is a name known to all Mattheus is a name known to all Mattheus is a name known to all Mattheus is a name known to all Mattheus is a name known to all Mattheus is a name known to all Mattheus is a name known to all Mattheus is a name known to all Mattheus is a name known to all Mattheus is a name known to all

I agree 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
... Cibulkova beating Maria was impressive. Pavs beating Maria was impressive. But this Giorgi match? Rubbish.

Nick Bollettieri
Mattheus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2014, 06:17 PM   #341
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Maria

Very sad to to see her play like this. Awful performance from her

Serve sucks, footwork/movement sucks, so many stupid UEs

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2014, 08:18 PM   #342
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
People at GM were trying to make the case that Camila's performance against Maria was brilliant and awe-inspiring. Yet, despite Maria playing one of the worst matches of career, with a -42 winner/error differential, Giorgi still barely scraped out a 7-5 3rd set win. If Maria played just 5% better, she wins.

I gave credit for Camila playing the big points better, but, overall, the match could be described as Giorgi sucking a little less than Maria. Camila was terrible against Maria and she was terrible against Flavia. The only difference was Pennetta performed like a top ranked player and did what a good player should do against the 79th ranked qualifier.

This match had similarities to Oudin. Everyone rushed to praise her for her monumental achievement and just conveniently overlooked how badly Maria played.

Cibulkova beating Maria was impressive. Pavs beating Maria was impressive. But this Giorgi match? Rubbish.
I couldn't agree more, with everything you stated

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2014, 08:29 PM   #343
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

Alright.

Even though quite a couple of you told me not to watch any footage of the match. I did (not the whole entire match, even though it it already uploaded on YouTube)

Just did it because of analysis.

And I'm sure many of you have discussed it already.

But that was horrible. An indeed UE galore fast. From both sides Maria made mistakes, the serve was awful as well. To make it worse, Giorgi had even more DF's than Maria did in the match. Which is rather surprising.

Really do hope she puts this behind her and hits the practice court fast cause this the worse match I've had seen in the last few years. Literally 2009/2010 material. Her constant looking at her box was really annoying, too.

No positives to take from this. I'm not discrediting Giorgi's win. But Camila played bad just not as bad as Maria.

Even though as Mexicola said. People in GM want to make it seem Giorgi played the match of her life when this match was equal failure from both sides.

Not expectations for Miami. She should be glad she got the 4th seed. Because that will help, and hopefully she'll win more matches there cause the less points to lose the better.
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2014, 11:34 PM   #344
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Not to write too long, basically I agree with most of C Drone's posts. What worries me is not the loss, it is the way she lost, the behaviour.. no desire, no focus, no effort, just one big bloody fear in her eyes. Staring at the box, biting her lips, Sven's words.. It was awful.. I was there with another player already, and the road is familiar.. Hopefully she will get time to not fully go that road and turn back on the right track.. But this is something that slowly started in RG and is slowly boiling or maybe reaching peak.. She was unusally nervy at RG last yr aswell.. Then the Connors flop and now all these tournaments... It worries me.

And if Sven starts "changing" her game like he did with Ana... God help Maria... He - instead of evolving what made Ana good, tried to make her a "safe player" - wrong teaching at the wrong age... He should adapt to the player and help him / her to improve in his / her own margins. Like Gunthard did with Ana later, and like Hoggy did with Maria.
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 01:06 AM   #345
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

It's pretty much been said already, but I mainly agree with Norbert also, her whole attitude is just dire.
I mean there were times when she focused and looked somewhat like herself, but the biting of lips and looks of desperation toward her box, all while playing a Qualifier....

It's extremely alarming, the girl that was on court there was hardly recognisable. I was so furious, the reason I fell in love with Maria was her fighting spirit and if that is gone or gets any worse we can pretty much expect this until the end. 80% of everything she ever acheieved was from her mental strength and competitive spirit. I mean, when Giorgi was broke serving for the match that should have been the end of it but...

IDK, I don't think it's Sugarpova/Dimi et al. They have been there since always, however I do feel that they may be more of a distraction these days, in the sense that Maria is using them to escape from facing what is going on with regards her actual career instead of just merely expressing a passion.

It's so frustrating, given that when on this year I still maintain her ground game has looked the best it has post-op, but her head just isn't there. I said this on Twitter and tbh I wasn't even joking, amybe she just needs time off, some Himalayan monastary or some other remote location and just recover herself mentally. The years of fighting against the shoulder injuries and never being 100% have really taken their toll.

But she needs to adjust and do it soon otherwise...Let's just say I can't see Maria doing the whole 'top 20' thing for two years all over again. I don't think it's time for nuclear panic mode yet, there is still a nice extended break after Miami where several things can begin to click for the clay. But if she flops there then I really don't know...