Think of a New Crazy Tennis Rule - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 13th, 2014, 03:06 PM   #16
country flag Spring Pools

Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Think of a New Crazy Tennis Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Cherry. View Post
During changeovers, players are only allowed to eat/drink products they are sponsored by.

No endorsements? They dehydrate and starve to death #TheHungerGames
I can't wait to see Aga eating cheesecake on court
Advertisement

Old Mar 13th, 2014, 03:21 PM   #17
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Ourselves View Post
A Third Serve (it's not crazy and it will improve the game. It's tried and tested)
interesting.
charmedRic is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 03:24 PM   #18

Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
A Third Serve (it's not crazy and it will improve the game. It's tried and tested)
I would pay good money to see Dementieva triple fault four times in a row
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 03:25 PM   #19
country flag Mr Halep

Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedRic View Post
interesting.
I posted this in another thread. It's the condensed version of what happened.

The other month or so ago, I took my niece to her swimming classes (she's very good, but that's besides the point) anyhow, while she was practicing I noticed a tennis game going on so I went across to take a look. There were two young ladies playing, around late teens I think. They weren't bad at all, but the more I watched them play, the more I had an idea, 'A Third Serve'.

I approached the two girls, spoke with them for a few minutes and explained that I wanted them to play with a 3rd serve. They laughed and said why on earth, it didn't make sense. I said just try it out, please. They played one set and at the end of the set I asked them their opinions. They told me they felt less insecure on second serve, knowing they had another serve in hand. Then the big surprise, I informed them both that their first serve percentages went up by 15% and they also served more aces than they had previous set, without my ingenious plan. It also eliminated double faults entirely, amazing.

Perhaps it gives something to think about?
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 03:28 PM   #20
country flag jimmy55313

jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold

For women's tennis, instead of this archaic scoring system, how
about this: each point is one point, first one to sixty wins..
they also need to win by two or more points. Men's game would
be eighty. Each player serves five times and then the other gets
her five serves, and after these ten serves there is a break and
switching of sides. How about these as final scores:

Sharapova 60
Ivanovic 54

Hampton 63
Williams 61
the value of things, not the price.
jimmy55313 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 03:28 PM   #21
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I posted this in another thread. It's the condensed version of what happened.

The other month or so ago, I took my niece to her swimming classes (she's very good, but that's besides the point) anyhow, while she was practicing I noticed a tennis game going on so I went across to take a look. There were two young ladies playing, around late teens I think. They weren't bad at all, but the more I watched them play, the more I had an idea, 'A Third Serve'.

I approached the two girls, spoke with them for a few minutes and explained that I wanted them to play with a 3rd serve. They laughed and said why on earth, it didn't make sense. I said just try it out, please. They played one set and at the end of the set I asked them their opinions. They told me they felt less insecure on second serve, knowing they had another serve in hand. Then the big surprise, I informed them both that their first serve percentages went up by 15% and they also served more aces than they had previous set, without my ingenious plan. It also eliminated double faults entirely, amazing.

Perhaps it gives something to think about?
thanks for sharing!
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 03:31 PM   #22
country flag Mr Halep

Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedRic View Post
thanks for sharing!
I have another idea. To make the courts smaller, just for WTA matches. I don't mean by miles, just a few metres. Or perhaps, you didn't really care about my idea and were just being polite.
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 03:38 PM   #23
country flag Skinz
Veni, vidi, vici.

Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute Skinz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
Ouch. As someone who enjoys seeing a good bout of racket smashing I submit my indignant protest to the addition of such a rule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Cherry. View Post
That would make Zvonareva's comeback far more interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Pools View Post
Imagine Vera in Charleston vs Sam

I was also thinking about Aga (She smacked her racket the point before so the rule would apply):
Skinz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 03:42 PM   #24
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

Quote:
I have another idea. To make the courts smaller, just for WTA matches. I don't mean by miles, just a few metres. Or perhaps, you didn't really care about my idea and were just being polite.
i liked it.

but i don't like making the court smaller the UE counts would be astronomical
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 03:44 PM   #25
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

a tiebreaker where points are won only by server if they HIT the opponent who isnt allowed to move.
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 03:46 PM   #26
country flag Serve2Win

Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future

Players should warm up against their coaches or hitting partners.
No hitting with the opponent for warm-up.
I want to see Carlos warming up Na Li, or Richard Williams on court with Serena.

That's entertainment.
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 03:48 PM   #27
Miss Atomic Bomb
Legendary

Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute

The tier, status and prize money for all the tournaments to depend on the entry list rather than the other way around.

Jockstraps to be the only acceptable piece of clothing for men.

Immediate disqualification for on-court coaching.

A 3 hour time limit on all men's matches. If the matches are not finished by the then, the player leading wins.

Miss Atomic Bomb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 03:48 PM   #28
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

At tournaments with no final set tie breaker, you play dizzy racket once you reach 12-12 in the final set.

You put the racket vertically on the floor and spin around it 12 times with your forehead touching the frame (like dizzy bat).

First player to get a serve in from both sides after 12 spins around the bat wins the set and match.
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 03:50 PM   #29
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aga Supreme View Post
If you smash your racket, you have to complete the current game with it, no matter how mangled it is!
Yesss

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 03:50 PM   #30

Ballboys are allowed to run onto the court mid point and slap balls out before they land!