Articles and Interviews - Page 277 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 13th, 2014, 12:42 PM   #4141
country flag taloki

taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of
Re: Articles and Interviews

Thanks for posting/translating those articles.

Seriously, she should stop playing if her head isn't in the game anymore.
Retire/get married/become a full-time WAG etc etc.
taloki is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 13th, 2014, 12:50 PM   #4142
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
This is the GM theory. She was never that good, so dont expect good results now.
There is no such thing as a GM theory on anything. There's only "I don't like that player so I'll rather drop death than say anything positive about her" and "I really like that player so I'm gonna defend her no matter what."
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 12:56 PM   #4143
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraya! View Post
Everybody blame Piotr and it is really good to hear from MM, that it is not he..it is Caro by herself!!!!!!!!!
That's not news to me. The only thing is, why then keep employing a new coach every couple of months only to give them the boot a few weeks later? If she wants to be the player she was in 2009-2011 there's no need for that because she was that player with Piotr as her only coach. As I have said several times before: I don't care who her coach is but make up your mind and stick to it. She changes coaches more often than skirts and that everyone constantly whispers different things into her ears can only confuse her and harm her game up to a point where she doesn't know anymore what to do.
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 01:23 PM   #4144
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

In my opinion she was allways the one, who is the boss in the team. But people allways say, Piotr don´t want to let her go an and and..nice to hear clearly words from MM..at least she wants Daddy because SHE CAN HANDLE him in the way she want..she can cheering her fat irish golfer and work on court when she want..with a serious coach this is impossible.

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 01:25 PM   #4145
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
I also mean like other danes and what can be read between the lines in that interview, that Caro's mental/phisycally tired and maybe needs som months, even many months, away from tennis...
Caro plays a lot more tournaments than is required. Plus she tends to play exhibitions after the Wta season such as the league she's signed up for this off season.

For example, she could have not signed up for Stuttgart and Monterrey and given herself a nice month long vacation in April if she wanted.

So if Caro is tired she has herself to blame.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 01:34 PM   #4146
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
That's not news to me. The only thing is, why then keep employing a new coach every couple of months only to give them the boot a few weeks later? If she wants to be the player she was in 2009-2011 there's no need for that because she was that player with Piotr as her only coach. As I have said several times before: I don't care who her coach is but make up your mind and stick to it. She changes coaches more often than skirts and that everyone constantly whispers different things into her ears can only confuse her and harm her game up to a point where she doesn't know anymore what to do.
I agree that a revolving door of coaches is not a good thing.

Piotr was Caro's coach for all of the 2013 season and it turned out even more dissapointing than the 2012 season. There was little sign of the player that she used to be. Piotr may have been the coach that got her game to the point where she was going deep in slams and winning premier 5s/premier mandatories but it just don't seem to me that he can be the coach that can get her game back to that level.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 02:12 PM   #4147
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
wow, she is something elese

Do we need any more proof that she is done

Interview with Michael Mortensen
markalannixon translation
I don't understand "not ready for my input right now". Why hire a new coach if you're not interested in their opinions or advice?

So what are the "things she herself feels are important"? It's my understanding that Mortensen wanted a more defensive approach than the previous hired coaches. Does Caro want to get even more defensive than Mortensen did? Just getting balls back without depth or in the center of the court (width-wise) isn't gonna get your far in tournaments these days.

What the heck is this "a lot of pressure...lots of points to defend..."? Commentators generally don't consider Caro a contender for big tournaments these days or even a dark horse for that matter. Caro has few points to defend until Cincy.

The overall interview baffles me and Caro comes off looking bad.

Last edited by Protoss : Mar 13th, 2014 at 02:18 PM.
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 02:41 PM   #4148
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I don't understand "not ready for my input right now". Why hire a new coach if you're not interested in their opinions or advice?

The overall interview baffles me and Caro comes off looking bad.
The whole situation is baffling.
The only thing that makes sense is that she's hanging around for sponsor money.
Why a top athlete who is close to a Hall of Fame career lacks motivation at age 22, 23 makes no sense, except that some people play for their history or pride or love of competition, and some play for money, so when they have a lot of money, the hard work is over.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 02:53 PM   #4149
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of the arguments in these articles are circular.

The she's lacking stability in her coaching team. Is of course true, but the reason for this was her initial downturn.

The worst (defence) argument of all is the one about how Azarenka, Radwanska etc. got stronger. It's true. But when did Wozniacki even last play these two? She doesn't play these players often enough anymore. That's been the problem for years now, yes she has struggled when she's got to them, but it's becoming less and less frequent (though may increase now with her ranking dropping).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Caro plays a lot more tournaments than is required. Plus she tends to play exhibitions after the Wta season such as the league she's signed up for this off season.

For example, she could have not signed up for Stuttgart and Monterrey and given herself a nice month long vacation in April if she wanted.

So if Caro is tired she has herself to blame.
She doesn't even play too many tournaments anymore tbh. She has to play this many tournaments nowadays just to keep her ranking. If she started playing 16 tournaments or something her ranking would drop further (especially as her mandatory results are hardly great). Part of it is she doesn't always make the best choices in terms of selection, this has always been a problem imo.
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 03:21 PM   #4150
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Saw her match vs JJ? Never in life I expect Caro so worst.

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 05:29 PM   #4151
country flag Blackowl_1

Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all Blackowl_1 is a name known to all

I don't why is Caro looking so positive in these interviews? She always says that opponent played well,that she didn't do this and that right,but reading what you guys said about her match against JJ she didn't do anything right.I would rather watch her be boring again as in 2010 and 2011 than trying to be BBB without making winners :P
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 05:38 PM   #4152
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear MM's opinión. Caro seems pretty determined to waste another year, if she wants to go back to her old game, she's doing a lousy job. What was she doing last year? Piotr was with her all year and nothing changed... I like him but he's done, he said it himself that he wanted out of the job.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

💨💦☁⚡"Even the darkest night will end and "Sunshine" will rise" ⛅☀🌞🌻
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 09:50 PM   #4153
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Ben Rothenberg and Courtney Nguyen talk about Caros loss to Jankovic and her slump!
Even they were shocked at the way Caro lost to JJ! Starts at 00:16:00!

NCR Tennis Podcast
http://nochallengesremaining.podbean...in-the-desert/

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 12:23 AM   #4154
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackowl_1 View Post
I don't why is Caro looking so positive in these interviews? She always says that opponent played well,that she didn't do this and that right,but reading what you guys said about her match against JJ she didn't do anything right.I would rather watch her be boring again as in 2010 and 2011 than trying to be BBB without making winners :P
Caroline's answers in interviews are so predictable that anyone here could tell you what she will say before she has said it. But nobody believes the positive spin she puts on everything anymore - not even Caroline herself. It's pretty clear that there is total panic in camp Woz.

And she's not capable of being 'boring' these days because she's not good enough anymore for that. She now makes almost as many UE as the 'exciting' players.
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 05:27 AM   #4155
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackowl_1 View Post
I wonder why Caro feels the need to be so positive to the point of sometimes sounding out of touch with reality.

Was that a point of emphasis in her upbringing or coaching to not admit problems/things not going well?

"Boring" Caro averaged about 8 winners per set at the 2010 YEC which translates to about 16 winners in a two set match.