Sharapova: What Went Wrong? - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2014, 12:17 AM   #106
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sharapova: What Went Wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpova View Post
No.

It's a fake thing. Everyone on TF knows it, it's only the real word and the tennis establishment that stupidly believe it has any relevance.

Defending a slam is the true mark of greatness.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 13th, 2014, 12:31 AM   #107
country flag Kasey

Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No.

It's a fake thing. Everyone on TF knows it, it's only the real word and the tennis establishment that stupidly believe it has any relevance.

Defending a slam is the true mark of greatness.
hmm not sure what does it tell about one not backing up a slam win, having won each four gs
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 01:00 AM   #108
country flag brickhousesupporter

brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She's an overrated, shit player who fluked a career slam.

There's the answer the OP is looking for.

/Endthread
Truer words have never been spoken.
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 01:10 AM   #109
country flag Robson Bouchard

Robson Bouchard has a reputation beyond repute Robson Bouchard has a reputation beyond repute Robson Bouchard has a reputation beyond repute Robson Bouchard has a reputation beyond repute Robson Bouchard has a reputation beyond repute Robson Bouchard has a reputation beyond repute Robson Bouchard has a reputation beyond repute Robson Bouchard has a reputation beyond repute Robson Bouchard has a reputation beyond repute Robson Bouchard has a reputation beyond repute Robson Bouchard has a reputation beyond repute

What Went Wrong? She worth a friggin gazillion dollars. Awww gawd bless her, poor thing. She's probably at home right now biting her nails.
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 01:10 AM   #110
country flag Sgt.Timmykinz

Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute Sgt.Timmykinz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhousesupporter View Post
Truer words have never been spoken.
Exactly, she's a 4x one slam wonder!
Sgt.Timmykinz is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 03:03 AM   #111
country flag missvarsha

missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future

Well, I don't know how many current posters were active tennis fans back in 2004, but watching a young Sharapova blow THE Sereta Williams off court at Wimbledon, you had to think WOW Is this the new queen of tennis ? And to a large extent, the so-called "Hype" surrounding Sharapova has been built around that moment.

As it turns out, Sharapova has had a very, very respectable career, better than most in history actually AND as at least I believe, actually over-achieved compared to her technical ability. She personally has nothing to be ashamed off. But still, the burden of expectations (at least in the media) is still always built around that 2004 moment, so whenever she loses, people break out the same old "OMG what a waster career" nonsense.
missvarsha is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 03:08 AM   #112
country flag Mary Cherry.
you're all sluts

Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute

Wimbledon champion at 17...

...and now she's just a strange woman that offers candy to children.
Mary Cherry. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 05:54 AM   #113
country flag Scarlet Witch

Scarlet Witch is a name known to all Scarlet Witch is a name known to all Scarlet Witch is a name known to all Scarlet Witch is a name known to all Scarlet Witch is a name known to all Scarlet Witch is a name known to all Scarlet Witch is a name known to all Scarlet Witch is a name known to all Scarlet Witch is a name known to all Scarlet Witch is a name known to all Scarlet Witch is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Exactly! She is a recipient of media and WTA hype because she had the looks they wanted to portray, and they rigged draws for her and gave her all of those weak a-zz opponents who they knew she would blow off the courts with her ball bashing a-zz.

And what has happened is that the players have realized that she was all hype and that she has already REACHED HER MAXIMUM CAPACITY. Maria can beat the average player who doesn't have the strength to withstand her ball bashing and screaming, but when she faces an opponent who can hang with her and who is more athletic and agile, they can beat her if they fight til the end.

The WTA and the commentators read this board and they know that everybody is on to them rigging draws for Maria and now they can't cover for her a-zz. They have been promoting Mediocre Maria for years and last year they just stopped showing her Wimbledon win over Serena since 2004 because the cry was so great. It was amazing that after all of the a-zz whippings Serena gave her they managed to throw those beat downs in the sea of forgetfulness, but they kept on showing the ONE Wimbledon win over Serena because they were gonna make her out to be more than she was.

MARIA has always been a FRAUD. They just helped her out by giving her opponents they knew she could beat. But now they can't cover for her because she has REACHED HER LIMIT and she will NOT get any faster because she's NOT AN ATHLETE and she's NOT AGILE. And they can't keep using her shoulder injury as an excuse for her losses.

I have always said that it was easy to defeat Sharapova if the players are able to push her back and hit the ball hard and don't give her any time. She has no plan B and you make her miss through her errors. What helped Sharapova was her consistency but keep in mind that she always had a cupcake draw in the start of the tournaments.
Scarlet Witch is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 07:32 AM   #114
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vswfan View Post
To be fair Henin is one of the hardest worker ever on WTA. She still did other contribution to create her own success so... How about trying to be a fair person even if you don't like her?
That was just one example of what she did
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 08:12 AM   #115
country flag OsloErik

OsloErik has a reputation beyond repute OsloErik has a reputation beyond repute OsloErik has a reputation beyond repute OsloErik has a reputation beyond repute OsloErik has a reputation beyond repute OsloErik has a reputation beyond repute OsloErik has a reputation beyond repute OsloErik has a reputation beyond repute OsloErik has a reputation beyond repute OsloErik has a reputation beyond repute OsloErik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeas View Post
Maria was always hype player to me !
I'm almost positive someone has addressed this in the 7 pages I haven't looked at, but you simply cannot (CANNOT) win 4 slams on hype alone.

The read on Sharapova's game from the get-go has been that she's one-dimensional. The best tennis she ever played was Summer of '06, when she incorporated swing volleys and controlled aggression, along with a great serve. Since then, her serve has deteriorated inexorably, and the rest of the field has caught up.

When Sharapova emerged, she was one of a very small number of player with huge, flat groundstrokes and a big flat serve. Since then, her groundstrokes are less remarkable, and her serve has declined. The field has caught up to her ground game, and she doesn't have a Plan B. Being a straight-up alley cat in a fight isn't going to cut it anymore.

She can probably go along like this for 3-4 years as a player in the 4-10 range. Whether that's acceptable is up to her.
OsloErik is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 10:23 AM   #116
country flag $uricate

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
hmm not sure what does it tell about one not backing up a slam win, having won each four gs
That they are are irrelevant.

A bit like you.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 03:17 PM   #117
country flag 01gametennis10

01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of

Sharapova's "career slam" is predicated on false conditions such as ridiculous racket improvements and court speed/bounce modifications. i personally dont put a lot of weight in that achievement.
01gametennis10 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 03:18 PM   #118
country flag Mynarco
Thank You For The Music

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01gametennis10 View Post
Sharapova's "career slam" is predicated on false conditions such as ridiculous racket improvements and court speed/bounce modifications. i personally dont put a lot of weight in that achievement.
How many slams has Radwanska won?
Singles (CHR#17) - Copenhagen 10 ; Beijing 11 ; Pattaya 12
Doubles (CHR#10) - Cincinnati 09 (w/Drake1980) ; Auckland+Copenhagen 10 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 11 (w/Richie's) ; Stuttgart+Baku 12 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 13 (w/Richie's) ; Monterrey 14 (w/Adrian.) USO 14 (w/Frederik)

Mynarco is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 03:21 PM   #119
country flag winnerpova
running to stand still.

winnerpova has much to be proud of winnerpova has much to be proud of winnerpova has much to be proud of winnerpova has much to be proud of winnerpova has much to be proud of winnerpova has much to be proud of winnerpova has much to be proud of winnerpova has much to be proud of winnerpova has much to be proud of winnerpova has much to be proud of winnerpova has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by missvarsha View Post
Well, I don't know how many current posters were active tennis fans back in 2004, but watching a young Sharapova blow THE Sereta Williams off court at Wimbledon, you had to think WOW Is this the new queen of tennis ? And to a large extent, the so-called "Hype" surrounding Sharapova has been built around that moment.

As it turns out, Sharapova has had a very, very respectable career, better than most in history actually AND as at least I believe, actually over-achieved compared to her technical ability. She personally has nothing to be ashamed off. But still, the burden of expectations (at least in the media) is still always built around that 2004 moment, so whenever she loses, people break out the same old "OMG what a waster career" nonsense.
pretty much.
winnerpova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 03:23 PM   #120
country flag 01gametennis10

01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of

Aggie is harmed by the ridiculous conditions of today. the sports authorities have failed to preserve the integrity of the sport and have allowed one-dimensional big ballbashing be the most effective "skill" to have even when it's the least skillful and ugliest.

but Aggie's career isn't over yet anyways. she will have her day.
01gametennis10 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread