2014 Road to Wimbledon title - Page 28 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 12th, 2014, 08:55 PM   #406
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of
Re: Petra lost to "Pome" in Indian Wells

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmond Dantčs View Post
Her forehand was horrendous last night. Normally it's an unpredictable mixture of good and bad - this time it was almost entirely terrible. Changing direction on the forehand (away from cross court) is a particular problem for her....even when she is playing better than this.

She also gave away a huge number of cheap points by missing so many returns. Too often Petra doesn't even give her an opponent the opportunity to play a bad shot.

I can't say I have any significant expectations for Miami. If she wins more than one match she'll have done well. And she'll probably need some good fortune with the draw/weather/schedule for that.

Bigger picture stuff.....

- There remain many glaring issues with her game.
- Whilst her fitness continues to slowly improve (I'm sure she is working hard on it), it hasn't yet brought about some kind of transformative improvement on the court.
- Her lack of good health continues. Has been noticeable in all her matches this week that she's had some sort of a cough.

On current form it's tough to see this season being much better than the last.....indeed with the improvement of a few other players it might well end up worse.
Very good post! I have to say that I'm very disappointed because I saw some improvements in last two matches.
She served quite well and her movement (the alpha and omega) was good, I also really liked her forehand in her last match that she won but all of this was gone yesterday.

I hope that she won't like the situation in which she is (she might be out of the top ten and currently is out of the top 8) and will work harder to avoid this next time.
I think her coughing wasn't the main reason why she lost, her movement was just gone (as she admitted to Kotyza on court) and that is bad because she can't play good tennis without good footwork and movement - well, she could get through but she would have to hold her serve better and that is very hard against Cibulkova who was playing very well and is very good returner.
And other Czech Davis Cup and Fed Cup team members
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsbadwanska View Post
Sometimes is very hard to be Petra's fan.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 12th, 2014, 08:59 PM   #407
Milan.

Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmond Dantčs View Post
Her forehand was horrendous last night. Normally it's an unpredictable mixture of good and bad - this time it was almost entirely terrible. Changing direction on the forehand (away from cross court) is a particular problem for her....even when she is playing better than this.

She also gave away a huge number of cheap points by missing so many returns. Too often Petra doesn't even give her an opponent the opportunity to play a bad shot.

I can't say I have any significant expectations for Miami. If she wins more than one match she'll have done well. And she'll probably need some good fortune with the draw/weather/schedule for that.

Bigger picture stuff.....

- There remain many glaring issues with her game.
- Whilst her fitness continues to slowly improve (I'm sure she is working hard on it), it hasn't yet brought about some kind of transformative improvement on the court.
- Her lack of good health continues. Has been noticeable in all her matches this week that she's had some sort of a cough.

On current form it's tough to see this season being much better than the last.....indeed with the improvement of a few other players it might well end up worse.
Thanks for the detailed match description

Thank dear God I didn't watch it

W. Faulkner
Milan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2014, 09:08 PM   #408
country flag TennisAddict84

TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
Very good post! I have to say that I'm very disappointed because I saw some improvements in last two matches.
She served quite well and her movement (the alpha and omega) was good, I also really liked her forehand in her last match that she won but all of this was gone yesterday.

I hope that she won't like the situation in which she is (she might be out of the top ten and currently is out of the top 8) and will work harder to avoid this next time.
I think her coughing wasn't the main reason why she lost, her movement was just gone (as she admitted to Kotyza on court) and that is bad because she can't play good tennis without good footwork and movement - well, she could get through but she would have to hold her serve better and that is very hard against Cibulkova who was playing very well and is very good returner.
what was the reason for that though?
TennisAddict84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2014, 09:53 PM   #409
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

The coughing really worries me. She was coughing a lot when I watched her during her match in Dubai and she did yesterday during the changeovers as well...it does not sound good.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2014, 11:41 PM   #410
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisAddict84 View Post
what was the reason for that though?
Well, Kotyza told her some usual advices, said what she's doing wrong etc. and asked her what she thinks and she said that her legs kinda don't work but she didn't say why but I couldn't hear all what they were talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
The coughing really worries me. She was coughing a lot when I watched her during her match in Dubai and she did yesterday during the changeovers as well...it does not sound good.
Well, I have to say that I heard the coughing during some changeovers (noise microphones picked it up) and also during the on-court coaching and at the end of the match, but I think it is nothing more than just a cold.
I still think Petra didn't lose this one because she was ill but it could be the reason why her movement was gone after just two matches.
Quote:
Old Mar 12th, 2014, 11:48 PM   #411

TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold

she's gonna be such a mess when the clay season rolls around...
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 12:35 AM   #412
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
she's gonna be such a mess when the clay season rolls around...
It was even worse last year but she has better serve with her self and Fed Cup ahead of her self, plus with her you really never know.
Quote:
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 02:30 PM   #413
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Yeah. As much as I don't like making anything that smacks of an excuse for PK, it seems plain that the viral infection situation is affecting her big time.
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 02:32 PM   #414
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
I still think Petra didn't lose this one because she was ill but it could be the reason why her movement was gone after just two matches.
A body fighting viral infections will often get fatigued quickly. Including muscle fatigue. I think it's most likely the reason for her loss.
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 11:04 AM   #415
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra is training "hard" in Bradenton

Quote:
Hello everyone, was sad to leave Indian Wells but now training hard in Bradenton for a few days before we head to Miami for @SonyOpenTennis
well ... we can hope
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 09:12 PM   #416

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
well ... we can hope
LOL seriously...no longer gonna be duped by these training pics that petra puts up...
Old Mar 16th, 2014, 12:50 AM   #417
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
LOL seriously...no longer gonna be duped by these training pics that petra puts up...
Well, the fact that Petra doesn't play well on tournaments while she's uploading pics and messages about how much she's training doesn't have to mean that she's not actually practising or that she's lying but maybe it means that she's just unable to show what she's capable of during practice on court.
Either way those pictures are irrelevant for quite some time but they show us that she's healthy enough at least.
Quote:
Old Mar 16th, 2014, 10:44 AM   #418
country flag Lufa

Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all

Quote:
But she's trying so hard to convince us

A great day in Florida. Working hard in the sunshine

also looks pretty fit (to her standards)

Last edited by Lufa : Mar 16th, 2014 at 01:55 PM.
Lufa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2014, 12:30 PM   #419
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, skinny Petra looking good. Collarbone visible, no pudge sticking out the top of the tank top. Legs gorgeous as always.

I still have this fantasy that it will all click at some point, and she'll have a season even better than 2011. Surely she herself can smell the dominance lurking there just out of reach. She experiences it at times, like that 6-0 final set against Kuznetsova. She knows that her best is unplayable. She has experienced what it's like to boss Serena around the court for a set. If only she would break through again.

Sadly, I think Ana and Domi may even do better this season than Petra. Certainly they have so far.
Old Mar 16th, 2014, 01:58 PM   #420
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
Yes, skinny Petra looking good. Collarbone visible, no pudge sticking out the top of the tank top. Legs gorgeous as always.

I still have this fantasy that it will all click at some point, and she'll have a season even better than 2011. Surely she herself can smell the dominance lurking there just out of reach. She experiences it at times, like that 6-0 final set against Kuznetsova. She knows that her best is unplayable. She has experienced what it's like to boss Serena around the court for a set. If only she would break through again.

Sadly, I think Ana and Domi may even do better this season than Petra. Certainly they have so far.
Well, funny and good thing about Petra is that she can make good season out of the bad one during only a few tournaments. Look at season 2011 and how many times did Petra lose the 1st round or match.
Quote: