Indian Wells 2014 - Once - Twice - Three Times the Champion? - Page 17 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 10th, 2014, 11:36 PM   #241
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold
Re: Indian Wells 2014 - Once - Twice - Three Times the Champion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehan6 View Post
Is that 23 UE from both sides of just Maria?Either way,only 3 winners,that's shocking
just maria!

camilla had 6 W and 20 UE

shitty match, and i'm still watching, she just lost serve for set

God help us in rest of season..

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 11th, 2014, 12:38 AM   #242
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

A bit of a setback for Maria today. I didn't expect her to play overly well at IW after a long layoff, but I was hoping for more than 2 matches. Good fight to win the second set after some of the worst tennis of her career. She also battled hard in that roller coaster 3rd set. But, yes, it was unfortunate to watch Maria lose serve each time at 4-4 and 5-5 in the last set after getting breaks and it has to be said that a 3rd consecutive 3-set loss to another unheralded player is a little disturbing. I think Maria is still suffering from the after effects of so little tennis in the past 10 months. Overall, she's really struggled to elevate her game the longer a match goes and in the most critical moments, as of now.

If she is in fact healthy, then the only cure for her erratic form is more tennis. She just needs to dig in and work harder. The good news is that Miami is right around the corner, so she doesn't have to dwell on this loss. Yes, this is looking like 2010 right now, especially with her serve, but if she just starts believing in herself and finds a rhythm on court, the wins will come. And I expect a much better showing in Miami, which will spring board her into the clay season with momentum. Baby steps.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 12:38 AM   #243
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

This b*tch. For shame. It's definitely time to start worrying. This is the first time in her career where I'm not sure if Maria is 100% committed to her tennis. I hope that worry dissipates in upcoming weeks.

It's gonna be really tough to support Camilla. Her father is so putrid in so many.

Last edited by Icky80 : Mar 11th, 2014 at 12:45 AM.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 12:39 AM   #244
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp_Me_Pova View Post
just maria!

camilla had 6 W and 20 UE

shitty match, and i'm still watching, she just lost serve for set

God help us in rest of season..

Think I'll be needing that blade after today. Absolute disgrace of a performance.

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych Ancic Soderling
Kitten63 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 12:41 AM   #245
country flag Fiercepova
JJ Project - BNior

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

I don't know if I should feel lucky by just staring at the livescore board for 2 hours and a half and not being able to watch it or not. So Maria is now a mental headcase. No more mental giant it seems

Well, she has 10 days to fix that serve now and should not be tired for Miami. If she loses early there, I will be very very worried and don't want to imagine how bad this season will be
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 12:42 AM   #246
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Help us Jesus
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 12:43 AM   #247
country flag malarkist

malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute

malarkist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 12:45 AM   #248
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

My username will soon be FloPoova
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 12:50 AM   #249
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

I thought Giorgi would be a tough opponent, because she is quick and her shots are big; but in the end this match is more a testimony of the state of Maria's game, which is dire.

We can throw out the 1st set because Maria didn't play well, but she played well (for her now standard) for the next 2 sets and lost.

There is no question that her shoulder is the issue, her 1st serves never crossed 105 mph and her ground strokes were no match for Giorgi's.

Can always hope for the best but that's about all.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 12:51 AM   #250
country flag Fiercepova
JJ Project - BNior

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

On a positive note, at least we don't have to see her lose to Pennetta AGAIN, for the 3rd time in a row
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 12:51 AM   #251
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

I am becoming an Ana fan bye
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 12:54 AM   #252
country flag Fiercepova
JJ Project - BNior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
I am becoming an Ana fan bye
I know you're just joking, but trust me, it is not any better for your heart You did not watch her 2nd round match against Svitolina, did you?
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 12:56 AM   #253
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky80 View Post
This b*tch. For shame. It's definitely time to start worrying. This is the first time in her career where I'm not sure if Maria is 100% committed to her tennis. I hope that worry dissipates in upcoming weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercepova View Post
Well, she has 10 days to fix that serve now and should not be tired for Miami.
That would require working on tennis though. Why do that when she can go WAG, do segments for NBC, wear pretty dresses to candy shops and design a dress for BFF Serena?
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 12:57 AM   #254
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

At least with Ana you know better than to have expectations and just take every match of hers as an opportunity to stare at pretty.

Last edited by Icky80 : Mar 11th, 2014 at 01:03 AM.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 12:58 AM   #255
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

What can you say, mental midget, unclutch, constant looks to her box, panic-mode whenever someone steps up to her, inability to hold serve, continually being outhit, no tenacity. The lists goes on and on as she continues to tumble further and further down the rankings, at least we have 2012

Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote