Donna Vekic - Volume 2 - Page 106 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 8th, 2014, 09:04 PM   #1576
country flag Spencer.
Backhand Pays the Bills

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic - Volume 2

Donna just won a point. No golden set
Spencer. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 8th, 2014, 09:17 PM   #1577
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

There won't be bagel
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 09:32 PM   #1578
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

3-3

I would kill for stream right now
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 09:35 PM   #1579
country flag Spencer.
Backhand Pays the Bills

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute

They're putting a lot of random ATP matches on the bigger courts. Apparently the contract with the ATP says they get more show courts at IW or something. It's really lame
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 09:49 PM   #1580
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

ugh
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 09:53 PM   #1581
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

I feel match is closer than score would suggest.
Signs that Donna is startng to recover from that awful hopeless form she was showing until IW...

Edit: Ok it was like this untill I made this post.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 08:29 AM   #1582
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Well, 3 & 2 is not too bad a scoreline to lose with against Cibulkova, especially after going through a long slump.

Overall I'd say this was a nice week for Donna. Still a lot of work to do of course, but she at least seems to be getting somewhere now. For starters to Miami
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 12:32 PM   #1583
country flag volume3d

volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of

Donna's mini meltdown (she probably started reading comments on her fb page)

Quote:
Donna Vekic:

- Čitam komentare. Ispada da više ne treniram, da hodam s turnira na turnir i da se zezam. Istina je suprotna, treniram, i to vrlo dobro - rekla je i dodala:

- Nigdje nisam doživjela takve kritike kao u Hrvatskoj. Hej, pa imam 17 godina. Svagdje čujem ‘svaka čast’, a u Hrvatskoj ‘opet je izgubila’.

Tipping2010: Wimbledon&US Open winner, Prague F, Cincinnati& Tashkent SF

Tipping2011: Sydney&Stuttgart F
volume3d is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 12:48 PM   #1584
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Where's the quote from?

It's true that we can be very hard on our athletes, but the main reason for that is the fact that we have so many superb ones, that being like 34th worldwide in your sport (or something similar) is often not regarded as much of an achievement around here Jokes aside, comments were coming more because of a slump she was in for so long, and because it was evident that she had stopped improving in terms of technique. Take these two things and combine it with her bubbly personality and/or love for fashion and parties, and the comments are not that much of a surprise.

Hopefully these comments are partly "to blame" for her first win in months - things like that can give a player extra motivation
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 04:46 PM   #1585
country flag volume3d

volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of

posted on 'croatian tennis'

Tipping2010: Wimbledon&US Open winner, Prague F, Cincinnati& Tashkent SF

Tipping2011: Sydney&Stuttgart F
volume3d is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 05:14 PM   #1586
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Translation please ?
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 05:42 PM   #1587
country flag Spencer.
Backhand Pays the Bills

Anyone who can critique Dona so harshly needs a reality check!

She's just starting to come up into the big leagues... 17 years old and just starting her career.

Yes her draws have been tough, but she's working VERY hard, so things will slowly progress into better results. She might not be the next teen superstar in tennis, but she will shine soon enough And losing to POMEnika in straight sets after year she's been having is no surprise.
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 06:53 PM   #1588
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
Translation please ?
"I'm reading the comments. Turns out I'm not practising anymore, that I'm just going from one tournament to another and having fun. Truth is the opposite, I do work and very hard at that. Nowhere have I experienced such criticism as in Croatia. I'm 17 years old and everywhere people are like Wow, you're doing a great job, but in Croatia it's she lost again."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tildeloltilde View Post
Anyone who can critique Dona so harshly needs a reality check!

She's just starting to come up into the big leagues... 17 years old and just starting her career.

Yes her draws have been tough, but she's working VERY hard, so things will slowly progress into better results. She might not be the next teen superstar in tennis, but she will shine soon enough And losing to POMEnika in straight sets after year she's been having is no surprise.
I'm with you on this, but sometimes she just plays very badly and sometimes, just as is the case with any player, a few negative sentences are in order after a bad day at work. It goes with the teritory of being a public figure and a pro athlete.

That said, one also needs to put things into perspective regarding those criticisms. Most people who say such things actually don't love tennis, and they only follow it because they're after making some money betting on it. Hence, when they lose the player is an idiot and what not. The rest of such comments come mostly from the general public and not passionate tennis fans, in other words from people who don't really follow tennis a lot but who've heard of that girl Serena who wins everything and maybe of a few major tournaments. Not to mention that these same people have heard of the Russian chick who won Wimbledon at 17 and the Swiss coke-snorting kid who was #1 at 16, so Donna being outside of top 100 and with no titles to her name at 17, may seem like a pathetic loser in their eyes. They don't care for the fact that today's tennis is a very different game from what it was a decade, not to mention two of them ago.

But not even that explains everything. As I've mentioned earlier, we in Croatia have a huge sporting tradition and tennis is one of the sports in which our athletes have made the biggest mark on the world stage. Up until recently we were so accustomed to our players becoming top 10'ers and slam champions in either juniors or pros, that many, and especially those who are not very knowledgable about this sport, have come to take things for granted and expect from each new player to go at least as far as to reach top 10. If he or she would've failed at that, it would be as if they've never achieved anything in their careers.

But Donna is young and so she probably doesn't know how to handle such situations. She will learn to deal with pressure and criticism as she gets older and more mature. She also has a team of experienced people around her, who'll probably shine a light or two her way about these things, so that she embraces the less enjoyable aspects of her profession as well as all the delights. Time is on her side
Old Mar 10th, 2014, 10:16 AM   #1589
country flag rseto

rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of

had a front row seat for donna's match against cibulkova at IW. I've seen donna play on tv but this was the 1st time that i've seen her live.

there were some good rallies but there was nothing surprising about this match. the two would rally and then donna would hit a ball short. cibulkova would hit that to the corner. donna would hit that on a stretch (sometimes resorting to a desperate lob) and cibulkova would finish the point. at 3-0 in the 1st set, cibulkova seemed to lose her concentration but she got it back at 3-3 and it wasn't close after that. donna was muttering some stuff when she was losing game after game.

the good news is that donna's forehand is still good. i also thought her serve wasn't bad in general except when she double-faulted to lose serve (think that happened at least twice).
rseto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2014, 05:24 PM   #1590
country flag mic12

mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice mic12 is just really nice

While I don't think Donna will ever be ranked as high as Majoli for example, I think she is definitely a good tennis player, and good for Croatian tennis and sport in general.
The thing is 99.99% of people (in Croatia) will never achieve in their whole life what she has done by the time she turned 17: to be in the top 100 in the world in what they do. So for them to criticize her is ludicrous. Maybe the media hyped their expectations, but that still does not excuse being assholes to a teenage girl.
mic12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote