Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012- - Page 118 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 4th, 2014, 10:06 PM   #1756
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

So, Jesse Witten is currently playing in the Qualies for IW. What the heck?

EDIT: He is not currently playing, he lost 6-4 6-2.

Last edited by KeysisGOAT : Mar 4th, 2014 at 10:31 PM.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 5th, 2014, 04:03 AM   #1757
country flag Tampering

Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Laura is on her way to America. I hope it's a good sign. She might go training to Nick Saviano Academy in Florida before Miami. Hope I'm not too optimistic

She's in IW doing the dog and pony show for all her clothing and equipment sponsors. Maybe she'll head to Florida after fulfilling her contractual obligations.
Tampering is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2014, 03:53 PM   #1758
country flag Trax

Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice

Laura is in Florida, training at IMG Academy.
Why she didn't go to the Saviano Academy? With Witten playing qualies at IW, I'm really scared
Trax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2014, 04:46 PM   #1759
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Laura is in Florida, training at IMG Academy.
Why she didn't go to the Saviano Academy? With Witten playing qualies at IW, I'm really scared
She's an IMG client, she has access to their academy/facilities. The Saviano academy was just an off season thing, during training blocks she should be at IMG.

She may meet up with Witten soon... she's still on the entry list for Miami so we'll see then.
Old Mar 6th, 2014, 11:17 PM   #1760
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Well, according to the times and telegraph (via twitter) Witten's in Qualies for the same reason Laura isn't at Saviano's. She has a new coach, Mauricio Hadad, who was until recently Hev's coach.

At some point, Laura needs to stop playing Musical Coaches.
Old Mar 6th, 2014, 11:21 PM   #1761
country flag no-hay-igual

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ten...cio-Hadad.html

Full Article here. Can't say I'm surprised, that last coaching situation was about as stable as Laura's second serve. I respect Hadad for what he did with Heather, I think it's good for now, much better than before.

But what I am worried about is when this article says 'on icy terms' with Genie !!!! Surely a rumour... right?

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything
no-hay-igual is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2014, 11:33 PM   #1762
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-hay-igual View Post
But what I am worried about is when this article says 'on icy terms' with Genie !!!! Surely a rumour... right?
It's a rumor I guess (they're not going to publish a "friends no more"-press release ), but there have been hints in their behavior for some time, so I don't think it's too far-fetched.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 12:10 AM   #1763
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:

Full Article here. Can't say I'm surprised, that last coaching situation was about as stable as Laura's second serve. I respect Hadad for what he did with Heather, I think it's good for now, much better than before.

There were "rumor " since last October/November that they are on icy terms. Laura new BFF is Hampton ...
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 12:34 AM   #1764
country flag Tampering

Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
It's a rumor I guess (they're not going to publish a "friends no more"-press release ), but there have been hints in their behavior for some time, so I don't think it's too far-fetched.
They were fine in Osaka, but no selfies or interaction on social media of any kind since they went home for the off-season. I suspected something was up the day Genie was announced as 2013 Newcomer of the Year and she gave an interview on Canadian radio.

It was a day or two after Laura announced the coaching arrangement. At the end, Genie was asked about her coaching and Laura and her tone completely changed. Previously it had alternated between bubbly to sports cliche, I could hear her tone go to teenage girl spitting out words through clenched teeth while holding her tongue.
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 06:42 AM   #1765
country flag Trax

Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice Trax is just really nice

Quote:

The Saviano/Witten situation was so weird I'm happy she found a new coach. Hadad seems to have done a really good job with Heather so let's hope for a good partnership now. She needs to settle down.

About the Genie thing, it could be true. They barely speak to each other on social medias and the Saviano thing could have been too much for their friendship. It's sad but if it helps Laura to be motivated to pass her in the ranking, why not.

Last edited by Trax : Mar 7th, 2014 at 08:35 AM.
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 06:48 AM   #1766
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
Well they're both still following each other on Twitter, It can't be too bad. It didn't take a genius to work out there was some problems between the two since the off season. Hopefully they can grow up and put it past them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeysisGOAT View Post
Well, according to the times and telegraph (via twitter) Witten's in Qualies for the same reason Laura isn't at Saviano's. She has a new coach, Mauricio Hadad, who was until recently Hev's coach.

At some point, Laura needs to stop playing Musical Coaches.
The Saviano/Witten thing wasn't going to work out anyway. She wasn't planning on even having that partnership. She was in talks with another coach and the Saviano thing was pretty last minute. I'm happy she plans to be playing Miami, hopefully that means the wrist should be at least 95%?

Last edited by Royals. : Mar 7th, 2014 at 07:00 AM.
Royals. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 10:02 AM   #1767
country flag Trax

http://www.espn.co.uk/tennis/sport/story/289387.html
Quote:
Robson and Hadad have spent the past few days working at an academy in Florida alongside fitness coach Mark Wellington - another member of Sharapova's team from the early years.
Glad to see that Wellington is still here despite the change of coach They seem to get along pretty well
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 10:11 AM   #1768
country flag Tampering

I like the appointment. He has a good track record, has ties both to her management team and has coached Heather so should be plugged in to the British tennis scene.

Hope it works out. If it doesn't, people are going to be asking serious questions.

Laura should make sure she's healthy before coming back so they can get off to a positive start. If she doesn't and she struggles on court, only bad things can happen.

Last edited by Tampering : Mar 7th, 2014 at 10:17 AM.
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 10:17 AM   #1769
country flag LeatherRatson

LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future

Quote:
http://www.espn.co.uk/tennis/sport/story/289387.html

Glad to see that Wellington is still here despite the change of coach They seem to get along pretty well
Her movement and footwork will hopefully be much better when she gets back, which might hopefully compensate for her most likely rusty ball striking.
LeatherRatson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 11:27 AM   #1770
country flag KeysisGOAT

Update, it now seems like Laura's only dropping Witten. Saviano's apparently still head coach. I guess Laura's decided to get an actual coach rather than relying on the input of a fifth rung ATPer and a guy hundreds/thousands of miles away. Saviano's still got a lot of experience and can help Hadad get more out of Laura than he can on his own (two heads are better than one).

It's an improvement. How long will it sat though?

Side note, seems like Saviano's has the best gig in Tennis. Paid by more than one team to not directly coach players, not travel, can put most of his effort/attention into his academy but while still getting the credit as 'head coach?' Dude's got it figured out, and/or is an evil genius.

Last edited by KeysisGOAT : Mar 8th, 2014 at 11:33 AM.