Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2 - Page 172 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2014, 11:43 AM   #2566
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold Not A Fan is a splendid one to behold
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLA View Post
Do BT Sport 1 or 2 will cast that Xerox show ?
No... it's live on the WTA youtube channel... here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...&v=NhvF0W-9ekc

btw, i'm really liking the WTA's twitter cover photo
Not A Fan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 5th, 2014, 11:57 AM   #2567
country flag UCLA

UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold UCLA is a splendid one to behold

thank u Not a Fan, yea , finally i see some love for Simona from others )
UCLA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 5th, 2014, 02:11 PM   #2568
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Fan View Post
... btw, i'm really liking the WTA's twitter cover photo
Aha, they've finally realised who the future of the WTA is.
Old Mar 5th, 2014, 02:50 PM   #2569
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of
Red face Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Fan View Post
btw, i'm really liking the WTA's twitter cover photo
That may be the only positive thing , because in the rest of the time , they're busy (still) ignoring her.

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #107 - W: Vero Beach '14, Astana '14; TT-d: #116 - W: Astana '14, Landisville '14 w/ Palin6o; RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch;
Suicide: #46 - W: New Haven '14; RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #20 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #69
Nightcrawl3r is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 5th, 2014, 02:53 PM   #2570
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think the WTA is ignoring Simona, it's not like they should make her a statue or something like that, or just not yet. She is a newcomer and received a lot of praise on their website and also on their facebook page, I remember a Simona cover photo on their Facebook page, if I remember corectly it was before Australian Open. I prefer her getting this kind of limited praised that lot's of praised like Genie for other things than tennis.

PART-TIME POSTER
NeKo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 5th, 2014, 02:57 PM   #2571
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeKo View Post
I don't think the WTA is ignoring Simona, it's not like they should make her a statue or something like that, or just not yet. She is a newcomer and received a lot of praise on their website and also on their facebook page, I remember a Simona cover photo on their Facebook page, if I remember corectly it was before Australian Open.
Totally agree with you on this one. She is not the WTA pet just yet (Serena is and will still be for a long time on), she's not WTA's darling (like Genie and Robson are, for marketing reasons, obviously), but she sure does receive a lot of attention these days. I really think anything more would be distracting Simona from what really matters at this point.
Old Mar 5th, 2014, 03:05 PM   #2572
country flag CristianB8

CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeKo View Post
I don't think the WTA is ignoring Simona, it's not like they should make her a statue or something like that, or just not yet. She is a newcomer and received a lot of praise on their website and also on their facebook page, I remember a Simona cover photo on their Facebook page, if I remember corectly it was before Australian Open. I prefer her getting this kind of limited praised that lot's of praised like Genie for other things than tennis.
This!

Simona Halep!
CristianB8 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 5th, 2014, 03:35 PM   #2573

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

whoa whoa , I didn't say regarding her , directly, physically , but indirectly. I don't want a 2nd Bouchard

In comparison with other Top 10 players, the articles about her (performances) are very short and much less frequently posted or highlighted. Also, the same for the WTA post-match interviews and/or press conferences (although you may say this is pressure also, but it's not)

If I remember correctly , Belle de Jour and others first commented on this a while ago. (not me)

Also , about today's WTA Live, as I said before, why was the initial post (that most of the internet people saw at the time) edited 2-3 days after, with her name and she hasn't been mentioned absolutely anywhere on the social media !?!?

There was also a #AAHfancast video , they had to choose 3 out of a total of 4 (4th is Simona's) and guess what , they chose the ones for the players that go on WTALive Every freaking time. (2 weird/creepy ones + 1 after the deadline)

You may think otherwise, but if they fucking invited her , at least "respect" her a little more FFS.

And I could go on but it's too much already .But this is my opinion and we can't all agree on all things.

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #107 - W: Vero Beach '14, Astana '14; TT-d: #116 - W: Astana '14, Landisville '14 w/ Palin6o; RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch;
Suicide: #46 - W: New Haven '14; RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #20 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #69
Old Mar 5th, 2014, 03:42 PM   #2574
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
If I remember correct , Belle de Jour and others first commented on this a while ago. (not me)
Maybe, but that was at the end of last year IIRC. At that time, media attention was somehow important for Simona because she was nominated for that Most Improved Player Award and when you're running for that it's hard to get the votes if people don't write or talk about you. Since then, things have changed a lot. She got that award, won Sofia, won Doha and all eyes are on her right now. Even those guys misspelling her name know pretty damn well who she is
Old Mar 5th, 2014, 04:49 PM   #2575
country flag CristianB8

CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future

Nightcrawl3r, it's very good that you have your on ideas, I don't see any problem in that, would be boring that we all have the same ones

Simona Halep!
Old Mar 5th, 2014, 04:52 PM   #2576
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of

Simona will probably be named WTA Player Of The Month this evening. Or at least I think she should be, don`t know other player that can diverse it more than she does
s0higher is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 5th, 2014, 04:58 PM   #2577
country flag CristianB8

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0higher View Post
Simona will probably be named WTA Player Of The Month this evening. Or at least I think she should be, don`t know other player that can diverse it more than she does
Li Na, Venus, Cibulkova would be the oponents, my opinion!

Simona Halep!
Old Mar 5th, 2014, 05:03 PM   #2578
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of

No Li or Dominika this month, it`s between Simona (P5), or Pavlyuchenkova (P), or Venus (P). Obviously, the more important tournament was won by Simona (P5) so this should be a no brainier
s0higher is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 5th, 2014, 05:09 PM   #2579
country flag CristianB8

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0higher View Post
No Li or Dominika this month, it`s between Simona (P5), or Pavlyuchenkova (P), or Venus (P). Obviously, the more important tournament was won by Simona (P5) so this should be a no brainier
Yes,my mistake, I didn't knew in what month we are
I hope she will get this!

Simona Halep!
Old Mar 5th, 2014, 06:00 PM   #2580

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...he-month-venus . And you were criticising me

Closed Thread