Mirjana's Spring Hardcourt Swing 2014 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 01:24 AM   #1
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold
Mirjana's Spring Hardcourt Swing 2014

Plays Majeric tomorrow in IW qualifying. Winner faces Doi or Larcher De Brito. I think Doi is the toughest opponent in this section. Doable though.

Last edited by SERVivor : Mar 3rd, 2014 at 01:25 AM. Reason: spelling
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 01:31 AM   #2
country flag kfh_9118

kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mirjana's Spring Hardcourt Swing 2014

Just glad she's in the draw.
If she is fully recovered, she should be able to make MD.

Good luck, Miki

=Good luck to my favourite players: Mirjana Lucic, Elena Dementieva, Li Na, Maria Kirilenko, Daniela Hantuchova, Vera Zvonareva, Zheng Jie, Venus Williams =
kfh_9118 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 01:33 AM   #3
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfh_9118 View Post
Just glad she's in the draw.
If she is fully recovered, she should be able to make MD.

Good luck, Miki
Yeah, just glad she's playing. That injury was not as bad as it looked at the time, I guess.
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 06:00 AM   #4
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Gosh -- lots of love & luck to Mirjana. Wish I was down there in the desert watching the action; Indian Wells is truly tennis "heaven" for fans of the game.

Not a big fan of either De Brito or Doi, here, so I hope Miss MikiLu can get some "action" going with her new attitude & new flat-beam racquet ;-).
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 06:38 AM   #5
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Mirjana is the 3rd Croat that Majeric will face in the last 6 weeks - will she be the first one to take her out (after both Tomljanovic and Martic managed to lose to her, each in three sets)? I'd say it's totally doable, assuming Mirjana is back to her old self...whatever that means.

It would be nice to see her back from an injury break with a win. Good luck Miki!
ma re is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 09:07 AM   #6
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Mirjana!
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 09:30 AM   #7
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Mirjana is the 3rd Croat that Majeric will face in the last 6 weeks - will she be the first one to take her out (after both Tomljanovic and Martic managed to lose to her, each in three sets)? I'd say it's totally doable, assuming Mirjana is back to her old self...whatever that means.

It would be nice to see her back from an injury break with a win. Good luck Miki!
Ajla beat her in Aopen R1? Also Lisjak crushed her in December.
But Majeric is a dirty pusher. Surely not an easy task for Mirjana after this break.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 09:33 AM   #8
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, don't know what I was thinking there with Ajla...
ma re is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2014, 12:59 PM   #9
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Injury in Doha costing her partnership with ALG
Old Mar 4th, 2014, 05:50 PM   #10
country flag SERVivor

she's still too good in singles to have to put doubles first, so these things happen. I'd take the 100 plus pts she got in singles at Doha over the loss of her doubles partner. I think she'll find another decent one if she wants to.
Old Mar 4th, 2014, 09:03 PM   #11
country flag SERVivor

She's playing doubles with Vera Dushivina. She's a good doubles player. They play Sloane Stephens and Andrea Petkovic in the first round. Should be a good match. Maybe it'll be streamed since Sloane is playing in the match.
Old Mar 4th, 2014, 10:16 PM   #12
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

I actually think the loss of ALG as a dubs partner is not the worst scenario for her. She and ALG were too similar in style. Hopefully other partners will be more complementary to Lucic's playing style. And she does need doubles: it constitutes the bulk of her income, if she's playing regularly, and that makes such a huge difference for these journeyman pros struggling to afford the high cost of a pro tennis lifestyle.

I'm more concerned with how she let the match to Majeric slip away after such a promising start, so many opportunities, a fine comeback, and then a match point on her serve. Majeric is indeed in solid form right now, but she's ranked beneath Mirjana and was down match point ... never, ever anything less than a disastrous scenario. Hopefully Lucic can right the ship and perform well in doubles and then in Miami. She needs a few more matches under her belt again, and I hope she gets them before the French Open and Wimbledon.

Won't be easy.
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2014, 09:29 AM   #13
ajmo!

Yes, she definetely could beat many of the players that made it to MD.
I think if she won match against tadeja she would be De britto easily.
And probably would be able to win a match in MD. Such a shame, it would do wonders for her ranking. But no points to defend in Miami!
Old Mar 5th, 2014, 02:49 PM   #14
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Perfect illustration of why Mirjana hasn't been able to get out of the 80-120 ranking range she has been in the past four years. Whenever she has one good tournament, her game goes missing or she stops playing for a few weeks.

She reaches a comeback-high ranking of #85 this week only to drop back to the high 90s --almost out of the top 100--after IW. So frustrating.
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2014, 06:24 PM   #15
ajmo!

Well, she had an injury. Don't be so tough on her.