2012-13 verbals, high interest & transfers - Page 37 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 26th, 2013, 03:16 AM   #541
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012-13 verbals, high interest & transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
YOU should be helping USC and other teams to recruit.
thx but I'm not THAT good I'm as much surprised as everyone with Morgan's result. The ITF results I just glossed from the internet after Gatorfan's post Although I did see Morgan play at UNLV invite and she WAS impressive enough; KK just squeaked out a win against her.

But beating Ahn so easily? Who knew You have to give credit to UF for noticing her potential and training her well I guess.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 16th, 2013, 09:28 PM   #542
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

I know it was speculated, but per UF website Danielle Collins is officially transferring:

made the decision to transfer at the end of the 2012-13 season (Virginia)

http://www.gatorzone.com/tennis/wome...2&player_id=24

Seems like Roland has some work to do to field a full team in 2014...
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 09:51 PM   #543
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSEMT View Post
I know it was speculated, but per UF website Danielle Collins is officially transferring:

made the decision to transfer at the end of the 2012-13 season (Virginia)

http://www.gatorzone.com/tennis/wome...2&player_id=24

Seems like Roland has some work to do to field a full team in 2014...
Not too surprising. She didn't get much playing time and her boyfriend (Mac Styslinger) attends UVA. Doubt it was a tough decision for Danielle! She'll have much more of an impact at UVA.

I wonder if Peggy Porter will graduate early?
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 03:42 AM   #544
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

I wonder who's losing their scholarship at Virginia. If I'm doing my count correctly they'll be at 9 with Danielle.

I'm curious to see how being with her bf will affect her game (if at all). She seemed to really struggle this year in the transition to the college game which is a bit of a surprise considering how heralded she was in juniors.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 05:53 PM   #545
country flag ClarkC

ClarkC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
I wonder who's losing their scholarship at Virginia. If I'm doing my count correctly they'll be at 9 with Danielle.
Virginia had eight scholarship players and two walk-ons last year. Three of the eight scholarship players were seniors, and only one recruiting commitment has been received, so Danielle Collins would make seven scholarships. That leaves one still open.
ClarkC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 06:18 PM   #546
country flag ClarkC

ClarkC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
I'm curious to see how being with her bf will affect her game (if at all). She seemed to really struggle this year in the transition to the college game which is a bit of a surprise considering how heralded she was in juniors.
Danielle Collins had a very good fall, and then went 5-0 in the SEC, including wins against top opponents like Texas A&M. The question I had when looking over her stats was: Why didn't she get more chances at dual matches? The answer seems to be that they simply had that many players who were winning all their matches anyway. SEC records by dual match position:

1. Lauren Embree 10-0
2. Sophie Oyen 8-1
3. Alex Cercone 9-1
4. Brianna Morgan 7-1, Olivia Janowicz 1-0
5. Olivia Janowicz 8-0, Danielle Collins 2-0, Caroline Hitimana 1-0
6. Caroline Hitimana 5-0, Danielle Collins 3-0, Olivia Janowicz 0-2

(BTW, in the 4-3 loss to Texas A&M, Oyen and Cercone lost their only SEC matches, and a not-100% Janowicz lost at #6 while Collins won in straights at #5).

So, it looks like it is tough to make much argument for any player to move up from where they played, because everyone was close to unbeatable (when healthy) in a tough conference. Danielle Collins could be 5-0 in the SEC and be unneeded when everyone else is healthy. But, with Lauren Embree and Caroline Hitimana graduating, I am not sure that playing time was the reason to leave.
ClarkC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2013, 11:00 AM   #547
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Welcome Clark of the Warehouse & Sabre board. I'm sure you'll provide the ACC thread with more traffic.

FYI the infamous FedAce was annoying people on this board some years ago but thank goodness he left or maybe got banned.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2013, 03:00 PM   #548
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

No surprise about Danielle. Saw that coming for a long time.

And ClarkC, Danielle is the ultimate diva; the truth antithesis of a team player (e.g. when the Stanford/Florida match came down to Cercone and Janowicz, Danielle was sitting in the stands talking about getting her nails done and eating pizza with Britney Sanders from Notre Dame rather than going on court with the rest of her teammates.) I imagine her seeing little playing time had more to do with her terrible attitude on and off the court rather than skill.
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 02:26 AM   #549
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Re: Updates

7/14/13

- UNLV got sophomore 4 star Alexis Garrett. She transferred from Morehead State where she played #2 singles.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2014, 05:24 AM   #550
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

I was watching a Chirico match from Vero Beach this year and stumbled across this NCAA tennis recruiting tape:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLZ-q_OcD-w

Best recruiting video I have seen hands down!!! Great video angle that can see the whole court and both players. Nice background music...other future recruits should take note of all these details!

I was thinking wow, never saw twins play before. One's left handed and the other is right handed. They're both from Barcelona.

They were 16 years old, when they made this video.

Googled to see where they went and found out that they went to Marquette.

http://www.gomarquette.com/sports/w-...ennis-mtt.html

http://marquettewire.org/2012/10/11/...tennis-in-u-s/

I read the "prior to" from their bio, which seems suspect since there is no mention of rankings.

All I can say is smart head on these girl's shoulders, as they got their business degrees paid for.

Last edited by tie_breaker : Feb 28th, 2014 at 05:30 AM.
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote