Donna Vekic - Volume 2 - Page 101 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 25th, 2014, 03:58 PM   #1501
country flag Alycia.

Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of
Re: Donna Vekic - Volume 2

2 BPs wasted in a row and Zakopalova holds 3-6 2-5.
Alycia. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 25th, 2014, 04:05 PM   #1502
country flag Alycia.

Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of

Donna holds saving MP with a great winner She needs Zakopalova to choke now.

3-6 3-5*
Old Feb 25th, 2014, 04:09 PM   #1503
country flag Alycia.

Donna You have 2 BPs to be back on serve

Still winless as she lost to Zakopalova 3-6 3-6.
Old Feb 25th, 2014, 04:18 PM   #1504
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Such a disappointing performance from Donna

Low first serve percentage, too many wild FH's, bad movement and unreliable BH. I am really concerned for Donna, her last win on WTA tour was in September (6 months ago)

Really don't know what is happening with her

Six months without a win, it is time for big changes !!!
Old Feb 25th, 2014, 04:25 PM   #1505
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladekCRO View Post

Low first serve percentage, too many wild FH's, bad movement and unreliable BH. I am really concerned for Donna, her last win on WTA tour was in September (6 months ago)

Things will get better when she turns 18 in June.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2014, 04:37 PM   #1506
country flag RU90

RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future

From KleinBiere:

2nd Serve Points Won
2012: 54%
2013: 51%
2014: 37%
Today: 24%

Her second serve effectiveness went from being elite (top of the WTA, albeit in limited action) to abysmal.

(Second serve points won above 50% is extremely good in WTA.)
RU90 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2014, 04:41 PM   #1507
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladekCRO View Post

+1 What to add any more?? I understand this is long term process but still...her slump is since Birmingham, it is about 9 months now and it is really long period of time!
Old Feb 25th, 2014, 04:50 PM   #1508
country flag Losing Streak
Potavushina

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

💎 Anastasia Potapova Olesya Pervushina x Katarina Zavatska Dayana Yastremska 💎
Kichenoks Pliskovas Govortsova Sasnovich Smitkova Diatchenko Dodin Mlad Putintseva Bencic Krunic Vekic Kovinic Mitu Savic | Vika Simona Shitra Ana Angie Aga Jule Sarin Mad Jamie
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2014, 04:51 PM   #1509
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Things will get better when she turns 18 in June.
Could you elaborate on this? I doubt just lifting the age restrictions will do the trick here. It's a much bigger issue IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU90 View Post
From KleinBiere:

2nd Serve Points Won
2012: 54%
2013: 51%
2014: 37%
Today: 24%

Her second serve effectiveness went from being elite (top of the WTA, albeit in limited action) to abysmal.

(Second serve points won above 50% is extremely good in WTA.)
This is true, but her opponents during the 2012 and even 2013 season weren't exactly the caliber of Lisicki and the likes. I agree that her 2nd serve is a real target for most of her opponents these days, but what I actually wonder is, why isn't she trying to come forward more often? I find it that her forward movement is not bad and with her serving/returning skills, she should be creating a lot more opportunities to approach the net. I understand the fact that she is not comfortable doing that, but in matches like the one today she really doesn't have that much to lose and could at least give it a shot. Most of her in-court points ended well for her today, and even if she doesn't like the net, it should be her target much more than it is right now. Sticking this much to baseline is obviously not doing anything for her, and I hope they start working along these lines (so to speak) in the near future.
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2014, 04:55 PM   #1510
country flag Spencer.
Backhand Pays the Bills

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute
Oh my God Donna... leas games against the ball slapper than in Shenzhen...

Gutted for Donna

Maybe she'll get lucky and get a local WC scrub in her next MM.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Spencer. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2014, 05:09 PM   #1511
country flag chicharito

chicharito is a glorious beacon of light chicharito is a glorious beacon of light chicharito is a glorious beacon of light chicharito is a glorious beacon of light chicharito is a glorious beacon of light chicharito is a glorious beacon of light chicharito is a glorious beacon of light chicharito is a glorious beacon of light chicharito is a glorious beacon of light chicharito is a glorious beacon of light chicharito is a glorious beacon of light

Sad to say, but I don't think Donna is good enough for this level at the moment. She needs to drop down to ITFs, find her rhythm again, gain some confidence and work back up to WTA level. Her movement today was shocking, she looks really off the pace. I hope her team makes some changes soon, before she gets stuck in a real rut.
chicharito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2014, 05:21 PM   #1512
country flag Spencer.
Backhand Pays the Bills

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute
The cofidence has got to be subpar as well. All these loses in R1 are probably affecting her on court too. I still believe in Donna but agree with chicharito. Maybe it won't hurt to drop down to a few ITFs.

Is she playing qualies in IW and/or Miami?

Spencer. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2014, 05:36 PM   #1513
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

[quote=ma re;39284194]Could you elaborate on this? I doubt just lifting the age restrictions will do the trick here. It's a much bigger issue IMO.

Not the age restrictions, but the urgency of competing as an adult.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2014, 05:42 PM   #1514
country flag Alycia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tildeloltilde View Post
The cofidence has got to be subpar as well. All these loses in R1 are probably affecting her on court too. I still believe in Donna but agree with chicharito. Maybe it won't hurt to drop down to a few ITFs.

Is she playing qualies in IW and/or Miami?

Qualies in both
Old Feb 25th, 2014, 06:13 PM   #1515
country flag RU90

RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycia. View Post
Qualies in both
I hope she can get through qualifying in both. She desperately needs some match wins under her belt.