"Ask the board" thread! ( List of current TT board members in the opening post) - Page 166 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 11:29 AM   #2476
country flag Mike.

Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "Ask the board" thread! ( List of current TT board members in the opening post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenniscreep View Post
The correct number of people who sent is:

11/16 from the draw
9/13 from the ALT's
We won't do anything, even if it was 1/5 of all the players who should have sent. Michael! seems to see just hate and not solutions given in posts eg. no answer on rewarding those people who have won their matches with points they deserve.
Mike. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 11:32 AM   #2477
country flag AdeyC
TT BOARD MEMBER

AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "Ask the board" thread! ( List of current TT board members in the opening post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
We won't do anything, even if it was 1/5 of all the players who should have sent. Michael! seems to see just hate and not solutions given in posts eg. no answer on rewarding those people who have won their matches with points they deserve.
Three of the five Board members have been online this morning and discussed this issue with 100% agreement that this is the best solution.

Titles (7) - 2012 - New Haven, SF - WIMBLEDON, 2013 - Beijing, Member of Winning GB Fed Cup Team, 2014 - Brisbane, Dubai, Stuttgart, Rome, YEC Singapore
Doubles - (Rank : 1) (High : 1 - 31 weeks)
Titles - (13) (w/tennisbuddy12) 2010 - Bad Gastein, (w/Tuckii) 2013 - ITF Bertioga, (w/mateusz2904) - 2010 - Bogota, ITF -Karuizawa, ITF - Montpellier, 2011 - Bogota, Birmingham, ITF - Poitiers, ITF - Bratislava, 2012 - ITF - Opole, 2013 - Bad Gastein, 2014 - WIMBLEDON, Bad Gastein
AdeyC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 11:57 AM   #2478
country flag Mike.

Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
Three of the five Board members have been online this morning and discussed this issue with 100% agreement that this is the best solution.
So there are no rules in that game, and where were you yesterday?
Where were you when schedule was changed in Nottingham challenger this week and OOP was posted 10 hours before matches started?

Great to know that we can use any excuse to cancel the round - will be useful in the future

And what's the most funny - u didn't allow guy who missed the deadline by 0.4 second in TFBS, and here you have nothing against cancelling the round where 20 people have sent, and just 5 forgot about it.

Last edited by Mike. : Feb 23rd, 2014 at 12:02 PM.
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 12:10 PM   #2479
country flag gumoll

gumoll has disabled reputation

OMFG!

the problem is not that the OOP was posted too late, the problem is that people thought that Q1 will start one day later!

Nottingham is nothing like this!
gumoll is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 12:10 PM   #2480
country flag Javi

Javi has a reputation beyond repute Javi has a reputation beyond repute Javi has a reputation beyond repute Javi has a reputation beyond repute Javi has a reputation beyond repute Javi has a reputation beyond repute Javi has a reputation beyond repute Javi has a reputation beyond repute Javi has a reputation beyond repute Javi has a reputation beyond repute Javi has a reputation beyond repute

Once the Acapulco issue has been resolved (And I really think we all have to move on about it. Sorry Mike ), can you please discuss about the posible removal of the 3 month-100 post rule?
Any new poster from now can fairly refer to the Kreuzlingen tournament to claim his right to be given an exception as well and we can't just pretend it never happened.
Javi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 12:15 PM   #2481
country flag Mike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTomek View Post
OMFG!

the problem is not that the OOP was posted too late, the problem is that people thought that Q1 will start one day later!

Nottingham is nothing like this!
Tenniscreep have sent memo to send picks - so i don't see the problem of not being aware of that situation.
And the problem was that some people have lost - face it.
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 12:16 PM   #2482
country flag Lord Sneeze

Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future

Quote:
So there are no rules in that game, and where were you yesterday?
Where were you when schedule was changed in Nottingham challenger this week and OOP was posted 10 hours before matches started?
Nottingham was a completely different situation which wasn't the best. It was mainly due to a new manager running the tournament and not understanding the time it took at the start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi. View Post
Once the Acapulco issue has been resolved (And I really think we all have to move on about it. Sorry Mike ), can you please discuss about the posible removal of the 3 month-100 post rule?
Any new poster from now can fairly refer to the Kreuzlingen tournament to claim his right to be given an exception as well and we can't just pretend it never happened.
The reason he was allowed in Krezlingen was that he already had a rank so I assumed that it had already been checked.
2015 W/L - Singles 02/01 Doubles 03/00
2015 Titles - Gonna be Lots
Lord Sneeze is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 12:20 PM   #2483
country flag DJDVD

DJDVD has a reputation beyond repute DJDVD has a reputation beyond repute DJDVD has a reputation beyond repute DJDVD has a reputation beyond repute DJDVD has a reputation beyond repute DJDVD has a reputation beyond repute DJDVD has a reputation beyond repute DJDVD has a reputation beyond repute DJDVD has a reputation beyond repute DJDVD has a reputation beyond repute DJDVD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Sneeze View Post
The reason he was allowed in Krezlingen was that he already had a rank so I assumed that it had already been checked.
I had that the same in Tinajo II
DJDVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 12:27 PM   #2484
country flag valac222

valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute valac222 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by valac222 View Post
Board members, is there any particular reason why are you not responding to the Acapulco issue?
Please do your job or just leave.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael! View Post
no need to get rude, I am sorry that I wasn´t online yesterday night, so I couldn´t reply!
It is not hard to see the stats and it is pretty easy to find who was and who was not on-line during that particular day. If this does not apply to you then do not take it personal. It was not against you. Anyhow it is stupid that NOBODY from the Board was online in this important 24 hours (which I know was not the case).
I dont think I was rude.
valac222 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 12:33 PM   #2485
country flag Javi

Javi has a reputation beyond repute Javi has a reputation beyond repute Javi has a reputation beyond repute Javi has a reputation beyond repute Javi has a reputation beyond repute Javi has a reputation beyond repute Javi has a reputation beyond repute Javi has a reputation beyond repute Javi has a reputation beyond repute Javi has a reputation beyond repute Javi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Sneeze View Post
Nottingham was a completely different situation which wasn't the best. It was mainly due to a new manager running the tournament and not understanding the time it took at the start.

Hey, I know it's not your fault And your managing was excellent. It's not his fault either. But wouldn't you feel bad as a manager if you have to say now no to a player who is in the same situation after this?
Javi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 12:40 PM   #2486
country flag Michael!
:)

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by valac222 View Post
It is not hard to see the stats and it is pretty easy to find who was and who was not on-line during that particular day. If this does not apply to you then do not take it personal. It was not against you. Anyhow it is stupid that NOBODY from the Board was online in this important 24 hours (which I know was not the case).
I dont think I was rude.
I agree with you, I was just mad because of your general statements towards the whole board!
and obviously, I know that it´s easy to check stats of activity and If I were you, I would be mad as well seeing board members posting on the board but not replying to this issue.
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 12:41 PM   #2487
country flag Michael!
:)

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi. View Post
Yes, that´s obvious, we are discussing about that right now already!
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 12:42 PM   #2488
country flag AdeyC
TT BOARD MEMBER

AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Tenniscreep have sent memo to send picks - so i don't see the problem of not being aware of that situation.
You are not comparing like with like – they’re not the same situation. Here the schedule changed – people would have assumed they were playing a day later – so its likely many wouldn’t even have logged on to see any PM’s because they weren’t expecting to be playing a day earlier.

Titles (7) - 2012 - New Haven, SF - WIMBLEDON, 2013 - Beijing, Member of Winning GB Fed Cup Team, 2014 - Brisbane, Dubai, Stuttgart, Rome, YEC Singapore
Doubles - (Rank : 1) (High : 1 - 31 weeks)
Titles - (13) (w/tennisbuddy12) 2010 - Bad Gastein, (w/Tuckii) 2013 - ITF Bertioga, (w/mateusz2904) - 2010 - Bogota, ITF -Karuizawa, ITF - Montpellier, 2011 - Bogota, Birmingham, ITF - Poitiers, ITF - Bratislava, 2012 - ITF - Opole, 2013 - Bad Gastein, 2014 - WIMBLEDON, Bad Gastein
AdeyC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 12:51 PM   #2489
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yes a memo that was sent at 3am my time during a day where there was supposed to have no play...everyone doesn't spend their life checking this forum at every hour you know. It sure was a kind gesture from tenniscreep as I said earlier but it was not very useful in this case for people who assumed there would be no play before sunday.

"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 12:56 PM   #2490
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, I thought there was new rule earlier this year/late last year(?) that qualifying R1 will start on Saturday, no?
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote