Dubai Final: Venus Williams d. Alize Cornet 6-3 6-0 - Page 33 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 11:28 AM   #481
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dubai Final: Venus Williams d. Alize Cornet 6-3 6-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktymise View Post
Honestly, I'm super happy for Venus, who I thought was DONE, DONE, DONE. I wrote her off, I'll admit. Although it must be said that she has lost a hell of a lot of close matches in the past year or so, that had she won, she probably would have gone on to post more significant results in that timefame.

But anyway, this result shows that Serena's dominating days are Anna Kournik-OVA. Everything I seen from her this week was truly dire, and losing to both VIP and Cornet back-to-back is a total low point.
Famous last words always eaten.

JN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 11:33 AM   #482
country flag QuitYerWhining

QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JN View Post
Famous last words always eaten.
The words are going to be uttered accurately one of these days.

But not today.

Seven faves. Zero slams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayRulz View Post
When will your fave's uterus?
QuitYerWhining is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 11:34 AM   #483
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugues Daniel View Post
Because the "booing" broke the light hearted tone, and she was afraid of being misunderstood, so she explained she meant "best" by the ranking. The crowd isn't necessarily aware of the players rankings like us.
Talk about trying too hard.

Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 11:37 AM   #484
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus1979 View Post
I often wondered if you were french.

Some posters country flag is indicative of their nationality and some have one of a country they like
I did that too for a while back in the day, I had the American flag but yeah I'm French.

Quote:
Funny that you would say that, since as a French I often find the American people rude by the way they speak most of the time!

For example, there isn't a day when a player isn't called "bitch" on this forum. To me, it's rude and disrespectful. I get used to it as a reader, but will never write like this.
Definitely true, to each their own I guess.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 11:39 AM   #485
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1setAll View Post
Every time Serena loses a match there are ramblings of the end drawing near. 2004, 2006, 2011, 2012 and now 2014, well, eventually they are bound to be right.

_
This.

Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 12:12 PM   #486
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Funny that you would say that, since as a French I often find the American people rude by the way they speak most of the time!

For example, there isn't a day when a player isn't called "bitch" on this forum. To me, it's rude and disrespectful. I get used to it as a reader, but will never write like this.
Tell me, of the 4 Grand Slams, which crowd has the earned the reputation of rudeness?
This reputation is well passed debate, it is universally accepted.

Now, Hugues , what do you think of this below?
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Definitely a French thing IMO. French people seems to be jaded nature, jaded about everything so much that they boo their own players and all. Not sure there is any harm when they act like that though, I've been told numerous times in here that I'm rude when talking, often too direct but it's really how we do in here..

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 USO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Feb 23rd, 2014 at 12:21 PM.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 12:19 PM   #487
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Not comparable, there was always a big rivalry between Maria and WS and that since 2004 now. Who is Laura Robson next to Venus ?
Uhmmm..the gap between Robson and Vee actually is smaller than the gap between Maria and Serena, but...
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
17 majors:5255

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 12:27 PM   #488
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
Tell me, of the 4 Grand Slams, which crowd has the earned the reputation of rudeness?
He was talking about the posters in here, but if you wanna go down that route. Do you know where Indian Wells is located ?
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 12:28 PM   #489
country flag Solaire

Solaire is a name known to all Solaire is a name known to all Solaire is a name known to all Solaire is a name known to all Solaire is a name known to all Solaire is a name known to all Solaire is a name known to all Solaire is a name known to all Solaire is a name known to all Solaire is a name known to all Solaire is a name known to all

Old washed up players beating young players, NID.
Solaire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 12:35 PM   #490
country flag doomsday

Quote:

Now, Hugues , what do you think of this below?
You took my quote completely out of context, I said that it is how it is perceived from other people.
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 12:36 PM   #491
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful to see Venus play at such a high level. Serving consistently big, moving out of the corners explosively, still extremely athletic, and was so patient in high-paced baseline rallies. None of those ridiculously low % plays we've seen the last two seasons due to her not being able to move or serve. A revelation.

Hopefully a decent Slam run can follow now.
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 12:45 PM   #492
country flag doomsday

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
Uhmmm..the gap between Robson and Vee actually is smaller than the gap between Maria and Serena, but...
I'm pretty sure we were talking about Venus though.
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 12:48 PM   #493
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He was talking about the posters in here, but if you wanna go down that route. Do you know where Indian Wells is located ?
Really?

I thought you guys thought the crowd reaction was perfectly OK and justifiable because they paied money to Serena vs-Venus and were robbed.
To be fair, I no longer watch IW since 2001 incident, but I have not heard they have come anywhere near to what they did to Venus, Serena and Richard in 2001.

No, IW crowd does not have a reputation of rudeness, though they can be racist if given the opportunity.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Feb 23rd, 2014 at 01:18 PM.
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 12:58 PM   #494
country flag tennisbum79

Quote:
You took my quote completely out of context, I said that it is how it is perceived from other people.
Of course that is how rudeness works?

You don't see people going around claiming "I am rude"; it is other people reaction that determine that.
You just admitted that you have been told you're rude, then you continued " it is really how we do in here.."
You are in fact saying the behavior which is called rude, is the norm in France.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Feb 23rd, 2014 at 01:19 PM.
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 01:11 PM   #495
country flag doomsday

Quote:
Really?

I thought you guys thought the crowd reaction was perfectly OK and justifiable because they paied money to Serena vs-Venus and were robbed.
To be fair, I no longer watch IW since 2001 incident, but I have not heard they have come anywhere near to what they did to Venus, Serena and Richard in 2001.

No, IW crowd does not have a reputation of rudeness, though they be racist if given the opportunity.

What ? I was certainly not part of those ppl beside what they did can be seen as rudeness, it clearly was rude btw and yeah you can add racist to the list.