Acc - Page 20 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 22nd, 2014, 01:49 AM   #286
country flag TennisSee

TennisSee is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Acc

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty View Post
Perhaps at 16 she wasn't ready for the rigors of college athletics. It's a tough balancing act for any player, much less one so young. If I had to guess I would think she'll be back at school next year or the year after. If I get to a Clemson match this year I'll try to ask the coach.
When she was shopping around for a college, she was up front and was telling the different schools who were recruiting her that she only planned to stay a year before going pro. Clemson knew all along she was only staying a year.
TennisSee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 22nd, 2014, 03:56 AM   #287
country flag knoxt

knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold

Big news... #1 Duke knocked off. I think UVA beat Duke before recently, but I think Duke was overranked - still a top 5 team though.
knoxt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2014, 04:09 AM   #288
country flag knoxt

knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold

For those interested in watching the full replay of UVA-Duke

http://www.virginiasports.com/allaccess/?media=433296
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 02:06 AM   #289
country flag knoxt

#11 Clemson upset by #68 All-Chinese Harvard team

http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewArt...CLID=209413801

#68 Harvard 4, #11 Clemson 3

Singles competition
1. Spencer Liang (HARV) def. #40 Yana Koroleva (CU) 2-6, 7-6 (7-4), 6-2
2. Monica Lin (HARV) def. #90 Beatrice Gumulya (CU) 2-6, 7-6, 6-4
3. June Lee (HARV) def. #54 Romy Koelzer (CU) 6-2, 6-4
4. Amy He (HARV) def. Yuilynn Miao (CU) 5-7, 6-1, 6-2
5. #85 Tristen Dewar (CU) def. Amanda Lin (HARV) 6-1, 6-0
6. Joana Eidukonyte (CU) def. Sylvia Li (HARV) 6-0, 6-0

Doubles competition
1. #55 Yana Koroleva/Beatrice Gumulya (CU) def. #48 Spencer Liang/Monica Lin (HARV) 8-5
2. Tristen Dewar/Romy Koelzer (CU) def. Sylvia Li/June Lee (HARV) 8-1
3. Amanda Lin/Amy He (HARV) def. Yuilynn Miao/Jessy Rompies (CU) 8-7 (7-1)

Match Notes:
Harvard 6-2; National ranking #68
Clemson 7-3; National ranking #11
Order of finish: Doubles (2,3,1); Singles (6,5,3,1,2,4)
T-4:02
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 08:48 AM   #290
country flag knoxt

For whatever reason at 1:34:00, Jodoin starts going crazy over something Marie did, and said "I told her to stop nicely because she's insulting me." Not sure what happened... so much drama even in women's college tennis.

http://www.virginiasports.com/allaccess/?media=433297
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 06:27 PM   #291
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Didn't know until now that Lilia Osterloh is assistant coach at Harvard for the past year.
Seems like former Stanford players are coaching the Ivy League schools.
Granville is at Princeton.

Turns out she played against the head coach Traci Green, who played for the Gators.
Gators won Indoors in 1997, but Cards won NCAAs.
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2014, 06:36 AM   #292
country flag Kirijax

Kirijax is an unknown quantity at this point

Miami has an interesting matchup with Georgia Tech on Sunday. The Canes need to win this to get their ranking going in the right direction again.

Canes Tennis
Kirijax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 06:57 AM   #293
country flag Kirijax

Miami whooped the fire out of Georgia Tech today with a 7-0 sweep. Once the rankings have righted themselves, the Canes should find themselves back in the Top 10. They go up to Pittsburgh on Friday to face the former assistant coach Santos.

Canes Results
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 03:08 PM   #294
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Kirjax, Glad you here to support Miami. The forum is more fun when teams are represented. Go Canes!! Go Buzz!!
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 06:45 PM   #295
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Worth mentioning that the number 1 ranked player beat the number 2 yesterday, though the match was already lost and the rubber dead: http://www.goheels.com//ViewArticle....CLID=209424862
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 07:25 PM   #296
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
Worth mentioning that the number 1 ranked player beat the number 2 yesterday, though the match was already lost and the rubber dead: http://www.goheels.com//ViewArticle....CLID=209424862
Has Chalena been playing or did Duke insert her into the lineup again to move everyone else down? Hayley Carter beat her easily again.
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 07:56 PM   #297
country flag Bigmanserve

Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice

Chalena must be playing hurt. Her losses just doesn't make sense considering the player she was.
Bigmanserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 08:01 PM   #298
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice slickshoes510 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmanserve View Post
Chalena must be playing hurt. Her losses just doesn't make sense considering the player she was.
It looks like she has only been playing doubles since Indoors. I guess Duke put her into singles to move their players down. Why not have her play at the lower positions to build some confidence? Does anyone know what her injury has been?
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 10:46 PM   #299
country flag Bigmanserve

Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice Bigmanserve is just really nice

Hoping she recovers soon.
Bigmanserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 01:41 PM   #300
country flag Kirijax

The Canes play North Carolina State today in Raleigh. They are on a 5-match winning streak after beating Pittsburgh and their former assistant coach Alex Santos on Friday.

Canes Results