Anett Kontaveit - Page 169 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 16th, 2014, 09:13 AM   #2521
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold
Re: Anett Kontaveit

The scoreline was even worse than in France
Disappointing result considering both of their roads to the final. Maybe Timea is just a bad match-up for her
She will play in Moscow next week, but there are a number of good players she might run into quite early, like Pervak (who is doing great in Midland at the moment) and Sasnovich.

Btw is she trying to apply for a wildcard to IW qualies (as she withdrew from Beinasco and has no priority 1 tournament for the ITFs the week after)?
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 17th, 2014, 05:10 PM   #2522
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully she is adjusted to the time difference as her first match in Moscow is at 7:30am Estonian time
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2014, 06:27 AM   #2523
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

So as soon as the opponent is not named Timea, Anett continues with a great scoreline - defeats Ivakhnenko 60 60
Looks like having to play at 7:30 Estonian time had no negative effect after all.
Old Feb 20th, 2014, 11:36 AM   #2524
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

R2: (8)Anett Kontaveit (EST) d. (wc)Evgeniya Rodina (RUS) 26 61 76(2)

Harder than expected. But good come-back and clutch play when serving to stay in the match and win the breaker.
Old Feb 21st, 2014, 09:25 AM   #2525
country flag muusa

Another bagel today against Dzalamidze: 63 60.
Don't think she'll get past Pervak, but I'm waiting to be proven wrong.
Old Feb 21st, 2014, 10:02 PM   #2526
country flag jimmy55313

jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold

Being an indoor hard tournament, Sasnovich is likely to win here.
But on any other surface Anett would likely win.
the value of things, not the price.
jimmy55313 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2014, 10:14 AM   #2527
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Anett defeated Pervak 63 62

Good luck in the final!
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2014, 10:49 AM   #2528
country flag muusa

Anett
Meets Sasnovich next, whose road to the final hasn't been too easy, took about 2.5 hours today also.
But it was the same in Tallinn.. We'll have to wait and see if Anett can take the 10th title.
Anyway she is basically in top 200 now!
Old Feb 22nd, 2014, 10:52 AM   #2529
country flag ianchohr

ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all

Sasnovich is amazing indoor player but still somehow i think overall Anett is the better player-should be an interesting one! So maybe Anett will try some WTA 250 events? I guess her rank will be enough for Q?
Old Feb 22nd, 2014, 11:03 AM   #2530
country flag muusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianchohr View Post
Sasnovich is amazing indoor player but still somehow i think overall Anett is the better player-should be an interesting one! So maybe Anett will try some WTA 250 events? I guess her rank will be enough for Q?
She will surely play some more WTA events, she said it herself before the beginning of the season. Her ranking was already enough for Auckland and now as she is about 40 places higher. Maybe Katowice or Marrakech for example?
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 10:48 AM   #2531
country flag muusa

What an embarrassing gameplay by her in the final
Of course Sasnovich struggles with every single opponent except for Anett
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 10:49 AM   #2532
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

1/13 BP's conversion rate...
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 12:21 PM   #2533
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
What an embarrassing gameplay by her in the final
Of course Sasnovich struggles with every single opponent except for Anett
Well, it is all part of growing up and learning. She will be better next time. This was one more very good week for her generally.
Old Feb 24th, 2014, 09:43 PM   #2534
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Old Feb 26th, 2014, 01:12 PM   #2535
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

#201 or #202 next week (depending on how Wozniak does this week).