Dubai SF: Alize GOATnet routines Serena Williams 6-4 6-4 - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 21st, 2014, 03:51 PM   #151
tennnisfannn

tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dubai SF: Alize GOATnet routines Serena Williams 6-4 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafeclarke123 View Post
Alize was just stating facts by saying Serena is the best, by ranking, haters stay pressed.
Even Richard Williams said Serena was the better player. Ana said the same thing at the AO, that because she had beaten Venus, she had faith she could beat Serena and we saw it happen.
Advertisement

Old Feb 21st, 2014, 03:51 PM   #152
country flag MalKING.
Powerhouse

MalKING. is a splendid one to behold MalKING. is a splendid one to behold MalKING. is a splendid one to behold MalKING. is a splendid one to behold MalKING. is a splendid one to behold MalKING. is a splendid one to behold MalKING. is a splendid one to behold MalKING. is a splendid one to behold MalKING. is a splendid one to behold MalKING. is a splendid one to behold MalKING. is a splendid one to behold

- Eugenie Bouchard

MalKING. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2014, 03:51 PM   #153
country flag Jigsawwill

Jigsawwill is a name known to all Jigsawwill is a name known to all Jigsawwill is a name known to all Jigsawwill is a name known to all Jigsawwill is a name known to all Jigsawwill is a name known to all Jigsawwill is a name known to all Jigsawwill is a name known to all Jigsawwill is a name known to all Jigsawwill is a name known to all Jigsawwill is a name known to all

Its less about tanking more about the mentality. Serena just saw her big Sista get to the finals who has been struggling with Sjögren's syndrome for sometime now. She knows that she will be expected to go play and beat her sister in the final and all she has to do it beat a player she has no business losing to in Alize Cornet. Its easy to understand why she would be flat. I dont believe she even knew why she was making so many errors and this further frustrated her. Did you see the last game. lol After all that fight to stay in the match she makes four straight errors to lose the match I mean come on. I think subconsciously she didn't want to win.
Jigsawwill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2014, 03:52 PM   #154
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

What? How? Why???

Serena was a total error-machine at the worst times and she never found that extra gear. She showed signs, saving those match-points, but, overall, a very sluggish and sloppy effort. Stunning.

I'm not going to be one of those people that buys into the baseless theory that she played so poorly because she wasn't looking forward to playing Venus in the final. If anything, Venus' triumph should have inspired her to win so she could be on the court with her and celebrate, win or lose, the amazing form and accomplishments of Venus in 2014. Another all-Williams final at this stage in their careers would have been another great chapter and I know Serena would always welcome that opportunity.

So I believe Serena was motivated. But she just didn't have anything out there today and that's shocking. Maybe the back still isn't right or an ankle or something else she didn't let on about. That just wasn't Serena.

And I have to acknowledge the steady, clean play of Cornet. She never got rattled and she stayed positive and stuck to her game plan. You can't beat yourself when playing Serena, gifting errors and having a negative attitude. And Alize played a near perfect match against the Serena that was out there.

It's weird to see Serena and Venus's rolls reversed here in Dubai. Serena looked like the Venus of the past few years, erroring herself out of the tournament and Venus looked like the Serena we've seen, being calm, confident, and dominating with her pace and smart play.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2014, 03:52 PM   #155
country flag Kiki4Ever

Kiki4Ever has much to be proud of Kiki4Ever has much to be proud of Kiki4Ever has much to be proud of Kiki4Ever has much to be proud of Kiki4Ever has much to be proud of Kiki4Ever has much to be proud of Kiki4Ever has much to be proud of Kiki4Ever has much to be proud of Kiki4Ever has much to be proud of Kiki4Ever has much to be proud of Kiki4Ever has much to be proud of

EPIC TANK JOB so big sister can stay undefeated in Dubai

Cornet played the perfect match to frustrate Serena. She stayed behind the baseline to receive serve, stayed long enough in the rallies hitting the ball consistently deep & waiting for the right ball

Serena was too impatient, lacked movement, ROS very poor, Alize won more 2nd serve pts than Serena
Kiki4Ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2014, 03:52 PM   #156
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobito
Ree reading this comics right before the match, but she not got the point of this joke, so when she recognized Alize Cornet on court, she is scared that she actually plays against great Serena Williams, not against Cornet!

We all should to blame bobito for all this mess

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2014, 03:52 PM   #157
country flag harloo

harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oren987 View Post
don't buy it. Serena came to this match knowing she will lose on purpose just not to play Venus.
Nah, if you watched Serena's first two matches she was hitting to many errors. It's good she played this week to see what she needs to work on for Miami. Cornet was consistent enough and it just wasn't Serena's day. No big deal, it's her first week back since the AO so the loss isn't surprising.

harloo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2014, 03:52 PM   #158
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

All the analysis in this thread
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2014, 03:52 PM   #159
country flag jrollaneres25

jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
and at those who have the "SW must have tanked" delusion. No she didn't tank. She had an off day and Cornet had a very on day. A surprise win but it happens.
Tank.......Off-Day...........

Matthew 14:28 Then Peter called to him, “Lord, if it’s really you, tell me to come to you, walking on the water.”
29 “Yes, come,” Jesus said.
I am a pretty big Veeliver of Venus Williams, but I'm a FOLLOWER of

Jesus Christ!!
jrollaneres25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2014, 03:53 PM   #160
spartanfan

spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute

Venus should donate all her prize money to Serena for this...just sayin..
Old Feb 21st, 2014, 03:53 PM   #161
country flag Foxy

Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute

Serena DID NOT tank the match. Hell, why did she have to enter into the tournament and fly way to Dubai just to tank a match for Venus, when ALL SHE HAD TO DO WAS STAY HOME. That doesn't make sense. Serena was NOT moving her feet and for the first time Cornet was able to keep the ball DEEP and make Serena run from side-to-side.
Foxy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2014, 03:53 PM   #162
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oren987 View Post
don't buy it. Serena came to this match knowing she will lose on purpose just not to play Venus.
Have to agree. Felt like that at the start of this match when she displayed complete lethargy from the first few points of the first game.
I even stopped the stream at that point to watch anime. Don't like watching when she plays that way.
The motivation seems kinda iffy lately. Hope this is a short-lived habit and also that there are no injuries.
The greatest scholars are not usually the wisest people. - Geoffrey Chaucer
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2014, 03:53 PM   #163
country flag Matto-Sands

Matto-Sands has much to be proud of Matto-Sands has much to be proud of Matto-Sands has much to be proud of Matto-Sands has much to be proud of Matto-Sands has much to be proud of Matto-Sands has much to be proud of Matto-Sands has much to be proud of Matto-Sands has much to be proud of Matto-Sands has much to be proud of Matto-Sands has much to be proud of Matto-Sands has much to be proud of

OMG!

Alizé's problem is breath: if she can hold up long rallies even she's on the verge of collapse, what she could do if she breathe as good as well? Is for this that I had predicted her victory over Serena, because it was clear that she had coached a lot breathing well these days.
Matto-Sands is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2014, 03:53 PM   #164
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty View Post
"I beat the best sister, now I hope I can beat Venus."
Alize

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2014, 03:53 PM   #165
country flag I_CLAUDIA_1961
***RIP MAYA***

I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute I_CLAUDIA_1961 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichi GOAT View Post
Is Richard in Dubai ?
Was Sara ...

Just asking ...

Elena Sergeevna Baltacha
August 14th 1983-May 4th 2014

"You Fought The Good Fight"
Timothy 4:7
I_CLAUDIA_1961 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote