Bad/Hilarious conditions at the Sochi Olympics. - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 20th, 2014, 10:53 AM   #106
country flag buddyholly

buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future
Re: Bad/Hilarious conditions at the Sochi Olympics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
Russian police violently whipped Pussy Riots band members today as they were trying to perform.

Pussy whipped?

Putin sure knows how to crack down on serious threats to his regime. I am beginning to think Pussy Riot actually make Putin look sillier than a terrorist bomb would.

There are probably more police detailed to Pussy Riot than there are to bomb detection.

Last edited by buddyholly : Feb 20th, 2014 at 11:00 AM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 20th, 2014, 11:29 AM   #107
country flag Miss Atomic Bomb

Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Russian police violently whipped Pussy Riots band members today as they were trying to perform.

They shouldnt have been disrespecting the Russian "culture" and "tradition".

Russian "culture" and "tradition" > freedom to live, freedom from being tortured, freedom of speech

Last edited by Miss Atomic Bomb : Feb 20th, 2014 at 12:33 PM.
Miss Atomic Bomb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2014, 11:50 AM   #108
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Read with a bit more attention. It's not police. It's Cossacks. They are just local people, who feel responsible for security of Russia and its traditions. That was like that for hundreds of years. With exception of Soviet 75 years. It's just people's reaction to these women. And, btw, the rest of the group kicked these two out of the group for selling out.

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2014, 12:05 PM   #109
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ys View Post
Read with a bit more attention. It's not police. It's Cossacks. They are just local people, who feel responsible for security of Russia and its traditions. That was like that for hundreds of years. With exception of Soviet 75 years. It's just people's reaction to these women. And, btw, the rest of the group kicked these two out of the group for selling out.

I guess Miss Atomic Bomb was not kidding when s/he wrote this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Atomic Bomb View Post
They shouldnt have been disrespecting the Russian culture and tradition.

Russian culture and tradition > freedom to live, freedom from being tortured, freedom of speech

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 USO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2014, 12:14 PM   #110
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I guess Miss Atomic Bomb was not kidding when s/he wrote this
Police is investigating. The local governor says this violence is not acceptable. Though many think it is understandable.

But, yes, there are more important things than freedom of speech.

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
Old Feb 20th, 2014, 01:22 PM   #111
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Police is investigating. The local governor says this violence is not acceptable. Though many think it is understandable.

But, yes, there are more important things than freedom of speech.
Good to know.

I read archive article and saw archive videos during the cold war era where liberals often argue against conservatives that the Soviet citizens just wanted freedom, just like Americans.
Needless to say, that conservative thought soviets were inherently evil and would never embrace the concept of individual freedom as the Americans know it: freedom of speech, freedom to live where you wish to, freedom to travel, etc...

Vladmir Pozner, Phi Donahue and Ted Koppel were organizing forums dubbed "friendship", where American liberal were reaching to Soviets students while American conservative were highly suspicious of them.

You're here to say those freedoms are not important to a Russian and the American conservatives were somewhat right. - minus the "evil" part.

Old Feb 20th, 2014, 02:28 PM   #112
country flag buddyholly

buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future buddyholly has a brilliant future

Quote:
Read with a bit more attention. It's not police. It's Cossacks. They are just local people, who feel responsible for security of Russia and its traditions.
Oh well, then I guess it is all OK.

They are not real police, just Putin's thugs. But why have they not been arrested by the real police, for physically assaulting Russian citizens?

Unless of course it is a sacred Russian tradition to silence free speech.

This whole idea of Pussy Riot threatening Russian security just proves how insecure Putin feels.

Last edited by buddyholly : Feb 20th, 2014 at 02:58 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2014, 02:37 PM   #113
country flag tennisbum79

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Oh well, then I guess it is all OK.

They are not real police, just Putin's thugs. But why have they not been arrested by the real police, for physically assaulting Russian citizens?

Unless of course it is a sacred Russian tradition to silence free speech.
Close. You can find ys answer the answer here.
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....&postcount=110

That answer can be helpful in how to put Russian posters comment in proper perspectives when it comes to civil liberties, especially for debate between American and Russians.

Old Feb 21st, 2014, 12:11 AM   #114
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

Quote:
You're here to say those freedoms are not important to a Russian and the American conservatives were somewhat right. - minus the "evil" part.
I didn't say it is not important. I said that there are things more important.
No country enjoys an absolute freedom of speech. In every country there are things that you can not say and will pay dearly for saying. The difference between most of countries is rather quantitative , not qualitative.

PLAY TENNIS!
Old Feb 21st, 2014, 12:16 AM   #115
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
They are not real police, just Putin's thugs. But why have they not been arrested by the real police, for physically assaulting Russian citizens?\
As I explained it may times, Russian police normally acts only when there is a written complaint. From what I read in Russian press, the girls filed the one. The guy who attacked them was arrested. Cossacks were not seen today on Sochi streets at all.

PLAY TENNIS!
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 01:09 AM   #116
country flag Warrior

Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute

Warrior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 01:23 AM   #117
country flag Незнайка

Незнайка is a name known to all Незнайка is a name known to all Незнайка is a name known to all Незнайка is a name known to all Незнайка is a name known to all Незнайка is a name known to all Незнайка is a name known to all Незнайка is a name known to all Незнайка is a name known to all Незнайка is a name known to all Незнайка is a name known to all

Nice one
Незнайка is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote