Coach's Hot Seat - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 19th, 2014, 05:37 AM   #16
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coach's Hot Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisSee View Post
The guy at Mississippi State has to be on the bubble. After going 2-16 in 2010-2011. He was 7-14 the next year and 9-14 this year. So what does he do to save his job. He sets up a schedule of cupcakes featuring a bunch of teams from the SWAC. Tomorrow he has a double header scheduled with 2 matches against the same team, Jackson State. Can you believe that? Wow.
My Houston girls beat them over the weekend

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 19th, 2014, 05:59 AM   #17
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
My Houston girls beat them over the weekend
Have you been to any of the games this year?
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 07:44 AM   #18
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
Have you been to any of the games this year?
No
I've never even been to Houston or even Texas

I just like them, because their two best players are Greek, Eleni Kordolaimi and Despina Vogasari
They were both big prospects for Greek standards. Vogasari was ~top 500 at 17 but chose the college route. And Kordolaimi was promising in her early teenage years and then when she was 15,16,17 she was constantly injured and couldn't play tennis for a whole year. Then she tried working back up but chose college tennis since it was a safer plan. Both girls still have WTA rankings and plan to turn pro after graduation (Eleni is a junior and Despoina a freshman)

So that's why I like Houston so much

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 08:51 AM   #19
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
No
I've never even been to Houston or even Texas

I just like them, because their two best players are Greek, Eleni Kordolaimi and Despina Vogasari
They were both big prospects for Greek standards. Vogasari was ~top 500 at 17 but chose the college route. And Kordolaimi was promising in her early teenage years and then when she was 15,16,17 she was constantly injured and couldn't play tennis for a whole year. Then she tried working back up but chose college tennis since it was a safer plan. Both girls still have WTA rankings and plan to turn pro after graduation (Eleni is a junior and Despoina a freshman)

So that's why I like Houston so much
It's been on my TDL to watch their games but I have been too busy. Wasn't taking a poke at you just thought you might have seen a match. I think I remember you were a student in New York. I haven't been to any of their matches yet. I don't like the drive downtown. I'm tempted to catch one of their matches at HCC.
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2014, 10:50 PM   #20
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

Quite a few schools looking for new head coaches right now.

Penn State, Syracuse, Pepperdine, Oregon, TCU, Kansas State, North Carolina State

Who will get these jobs?!?!

Without further delay THE MAY 2014 HOT SEAT

1. Mississippi State
2. Colorado
3. Missouri
4. Texas
5. SMU
6. Iowa
7. Cincinnati
8. Wake Forest
9. Iowa State
10. Tulane

Off the hot seat: Arizona, Michigan State
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2014, 11:05 PM   #21
country flag TennisSee

TennisSee is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10sE View Post
Quite a few schools looking for new head coaches right now.

Penn State, Syracuse, Pepperdine, Oregon, TCU, Kansas State, North Carolina State

Who will get these jobs?!?!

Without further delay THE MAY 2014 HOT SEAT

1. Mississippi State
2. Colorado
3. Missouri
4. Texas
5. SMU
6. Iowa
7. Cincinnati
8. Wake Forest
9. Iowa State
10. Tulane

Off the hot seat: Arizona, Michigan State
They have a big turnover of womens assistants at Mississippi State also which doesn't speak so highly of the program. There are a lot of great assistants in the SEC. Any of them would be great as head coaches, particularly the Florida and Georgia assistants who helped recruit two of the top three recruiting classes on TRN.
TennisSee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2014, 09:28 PM   #22
country flag ARTennisHack

ARTennisHack is an unknown quantity at this point

MS State just signed quite a few British Girls around 3.2 ratings, not sure that will get it done in the SEC.

Also I would assume Hegarty at Arkansas must be getting very hot as well

Last edited by ARTennisHack : May 13th, 2014 at 04:33 PM.
ARTennisHack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2014, 04:03 AM   #23
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Stephenson may not last at Georgia State. She's part of a big scandalous investigation in the mens program. I don't think she'll be let go because she didn't do anything, but was listed in a bunch of documents, plus GSU winning conference and upsetting Tennessee

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2014, 04:14 AM   #24
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbuddy12 View Post
Stephenson may not last at Georgia State. She's part of a big scandalous investigation in the mens program. I don't think she'll be let go because she didn't do anything, but was listed in a bunch of documents, plus GSU winning conference and upsetting Tennessee
Joey, are there any articles about this that you can share? This sounds really interesting.
tucker1989 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2014, 04:18 AM   #25
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker1989 View Post
Joey, are there any articles about this that you can share? This sounds really interesting.
http://georgiastatesignal.com/athlet..._redirect=true

I think robin is safe the more I look into it. I think the mens head coach will try and take down anyone if possible, but this isn't pretty

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 01:44 AM   #26
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

The new coach at Oregon is GT assistant Ali Silverio.

http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=209512161
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote