General Messages - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 27th, 2011, 11:12 PM   #76
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Re: General Messages

Awesome tennis ball trick!

gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 4th, 2012, 01:38 PM   #77
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
College Tennis Board ratings

Here are the top 6 threads (by far) with the most average number of views per post.

6. Exodus club = 132.1 views/post
(1st 15 posts counted as 1)

5. 17 & 21 year old freshmen club = 134.3 views/post

4. Coaching changes = 136.5 views/post
(1st 2 posts counted as 1)

3. Scandals college tennis = 151.5 views/post
(1st 3 posts counted as 1)

2. Who will get fired? = 156.3 views/post

1. NCAA rules explanations = 165.3 views/post

I find it interesting on average what people here view the most.
Old Sep 29th, 2013, 12:56 AM   #78
country flag gouci

Kaley Cuoco

That was fast! Only weeks after her breakup from ‘Superman’ actor Henry Cavill, ‘Big Bang Theory’ actress Kaley Cuoco shows off her dazzling diamond engagement ring from her (University of Florida) tennis playing fiancé Ryan Sweeting in LA on September 28.

For those that don't know Kaley Cuoco was a junior tennis player at one point ranked in the top 25 in Southern California before she turned to acting.

Old Oct 6th, 2013, 02:40 PM   #79
country flag gouci

Where the pros eat

So I had lunch at this place called Surf Brothers Teriyaki which I randomly came across in San Diego. To my surprise there was this newspaper article about Coco Vandeweghe posted on the wall.

I can testify that their steak sliders are delicious.
I will definitely be making return visits there.

Last edited by gouci : Oct 6th, 2013 at 02:49 PM.
Old Oct 6th, 2013, 02:50 PM   #80
country flag gouci

Re: Where the pros eat

By Craig Malveaux11:14 a.m.July 31, 2013

CARLSBAD — Coco Vandeweghe is a tad superstitious.

Her unofficial motto: if it works, it works.

“My coach and I were joking about that at Stanford,” Vandeweghe said.

“I was on a winning streak with Umami Burger. I kept winning matches, so I kept eating it. I ate a burger from there five days in a row. I was kind of getting sick of it. I’m like, ugh, I can’t do another burger.”

So on Day No. 6, the Bank of the West Classic qualifier broke the cycle. Coincidentally, it broke her rhythm as she lost the very next match.

“Sometimes it gets crazy,” Vandeweghe said, laughing.

Yet the Rancho Santa Fe resident can’t resist. Her new food venue of choice: a Hawaiian spot called Surf Brothers.

Thus far, it’s produced results. Vandeweghe notched another victory Tuesday, serving her way past Allie Kiick 6-1, 6-2 for her fourth victory in the Southern California Open at La Costa Resort and Spa.

“I agree with that,” Vandeweghe said, addressing a question in a post-match press conference. “It’s been the best two-week stretch I’ve had all year.”

All fueled by superstitions and good food.

Her serve aided, too.

Vandeweghe powered 12 aces past Kiick — the daughter of former NFL running back Jim Kiick — and lost only one point on first serves, despite little knowledge of Kiick’s repertoire.

“Thankfully, we have some kind of scouting report in YouTube videos,” Vandeweghe said.

“You can get a basic feel for their tendencies watching them play on the computer. It’s much different when you actually compete against them on the court, but you can at least get an idea of their strengths.”

Which Vandeweghe did, dominating Kiick in the first set.

A bit cautious, Vandeweghe consulted her coach — Jan-Michael Gambill — for guidance despite her serve and backhand clicking on all cylinders.

“I wanted some confirmation on my forehand. Basically, just to reiterate what I saw out there, how I was responding and what I was thinking on the court,” Vandewege said.

“I felt I was jumping at it a little bit out there.”

The SoCal Open qualifier advances to the second round where she will face the winner of Dominika Cibulkova and Ana Ivanovic, who are slated to play today.

“I’ve never played either opponent, but it will be a great opportunity for me since they’re both accomplished players,” Vandeweghe said.

Ivanovic, ranked No. 17 in the world, won the 2008 French Open. Cibulkova, last year’s SoCal Open champ and a winner last week at Stanford, is ranked No. 21 in the world.
Old Nov 8th, 2013, 09:00 PM   #81
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Elena Chernyakova

A Google alert for Heather Watson had this article waiting for me this morning: Former WTA Professional Tennis Player From Moscow, Staring in an American Movie - Elena Has Signed on to Play the Lead in Psychotic Horror Thriller Movie

So I just Googled for a better source (Hispanic Business?? I mean) and I see Lena has been making quite the name for herself: Chicago Doctor Accused of Posting Photos of Intoxicated Patient. Why did no one tell me this?

Here's the first story from a different source, to save you clicking on any dubious links.
Quote:
FORMER RUSSIAN TENNIS PRO, Elena Chernyakova, stars in indie horror thriller “Psychotic,” produced by NuConcepts, the company of producer/director/actor Claude Reid, produced by Christopher Free and now shooting in the area.

Reid and Elena play Michael and Jennifer, who kill their friends and (oh, ick!) drink their blood. They also have split personalities. Reid says it’s “totally improv, absolutely no script.” No kidding.
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 03:30 AM   #82
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

^i remember seeing a video of her somewhere that she was suing a hospital or something

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 03:31 AM   #83
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if this belongs in this thread, but:

#125 Despoina Vogasari HOUSTON d. #72 Georgiana Patarasc MISS ST 6-1 6-2

Old Feb 19th, 2014, 01:22 AM   #84
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

[Former UF star] Jennifer [Magley] Gabou Releases Novel 'Division I' Spotlighting Secret Life Inside NCAA Sports

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/02/prweb11588942.htm

It sounds so scandalous...I might have to download the eBook...
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 04:51 AM   #85
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSEMT View Post
[Former UF star] Jennifer [Magley] Gabou Releases Novel 'Division I' Spotlighting Secret Life Inside NCAA Sports

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/02/prweb11588942.htm

It sounds so scandalous...I might have to download the eBook...
I was almost interested until I found out that it was fiction.
tie_breaker is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 04:58 AM   #86
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
Not sure if this belongs in this thread, but:

#125 Despoina Vogasari HOUSTON d. #72 Georgiana Patarasc MISS ST 6-1 6-2
Not surprised she was going to have success in Houston. Going to have to catch one of her matches. Not a big fan of Hoff Courts, but I may be willing to see them play at HCC.

Coach Sullivan may have a top 20 team in the next few years at this rate.
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 06:47 AM   #87
country flag hellas719

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
I didn't even notice it was fiction
I got excited for nothing

Quote:
Not surprised she was going to have success in Houston. Going to have to catch one of her matches. Not a big fan of Hoff Courts, but I may be willing to see them play at HCC.

Coach Sullivan may have a top 20 team in the next few years at this rate.
He could've done it back at SFA where he had a lot of good prospects but ditched it all to come to Houston and now he's doing the same with this program (recruiting a ton of international players)

Old Feb 19th, 2014, 07:44 AM   #88
country flag tie_breaker

He could've done it back at SFA where he had a lot of good prospects but ditched it all to come to Houston and now he's doing the same with this program (recruiting a ton of international players)[/quote]

Nothing new at Houston, most of the original recruits are from UK. I kind of wish Houston was in the Big 12.
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 03:25 PM   #89
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

Quote:
So, I broke down and downloaded it last night - it was a pretty quick read at 240 pages. Decently written but poorly edited, still the content is worth reading. It's a rather scathing endictment of UF, certain individuals and apparently the complete dysfunction that was the '03 championship team. I guess chemistry is overrated.

Technically it;s fiction, but more like "based on a true story". Some liberties have been taken with some details and the timeline and the names have changed to protect the guilty, but for anyone familiar with UF's '03 championship team, it is not exactly hard to guess the true identities of Magley's coaches and teammates (e.g. the sub-5 ft Mexican, the black girl that had a baby, or the senior playing out of her depths at #1).
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 08:08 PM   #90
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSEMT View Post
So, I broke down and downloaded it last night - it was a pretty quick read at 240 pages. Decently written but poorly edited, still the content is worth reading. It's a rather scathing endictment of UF, certain individuals and apparently the complete dysfunction that was the '03 championship team. I guess chemistry is overrated.

Technically it;s fiction, but more like "based on a true story". Some liberties have been taken with some details and the timeline and the names have changed to protect the guilty, but for anyone familiar with UF's '03 championship team, it is not exactly hard to guess the true identities of Magley's coaches and teammates (e.g. the sub-5 ft Mexican, the black girl that had a baby, or the senior playing out of her depths at #1).
OMG so i was deceived? LOL i am getting a paperback sent to me. I teasingly facebooked her and asked "will this base loosely on reality?" she said not at all. I knew it was!! It would be fun to read her version of the 03 team drama because I am actually good friends with most of the team back then (magley, reyes, whom i just visited down in miami, dawaf, rotondi...). the only person i never associated with, or the whole team for that matter, was scaringe. she just seemed a hot mess.

i am excited about the book tho!
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote