Mirjana's 2014 Aussie Tour - Page 37 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 16th, 2014, 11:32 PM   #541
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future
Re: Mirjana's 2014 Aussie Tour

FYI ... the new stick Miki debuted in Doha = the Babolat Pure Strike 100 (100 square inch head)

Smart racquet built for optimum aerodynamics and added accuracy/shot-control for aggressive power-players.

Tsonga uses this model, as well.

It certainly seems to suit Mirjana. It would be interesting to know how she weights it for customized performance.
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 17th, 2014, 12:50 AM   #542
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

^ For those interested, here are some bullet-point notes from pro reviews of Miki's new Babolat Pure Strike ... via Tennis magazine. The racket is said to be a bit revolutionary for Babolat (at least different from all of Babolat's previous models in design and innovation) and is generating a lot of excitement among touring pros and 4.5+ USTA players. With raves and marks like this, I am eager to test the frame myself when it becomes available in the US in May!

*All of our testers have been incredibly eager to try the frames out, partly because it's a brand new line and partly because they find them so attractive. The combination of the charcoal black frame and fiery red graphics give them a commanding appearance. One tester/retailer has taken to calling it his Darth Maul frame.

*intended for players who like to play with aggressive force. The racquet has a hybrid design that incorporates both a square and elliptical shape, meant to better absorb pace and allow the player to redirect it with precision to score the first strike. Hence the racquet’s name.

*Fortunately, the Pure Strike is more than just a pretty face. The Tour version, with its near 12 oz. weight, tight string pattern, and low stiffness has a solid, traditional feel. It’s not powerless, but the user needs to provide plenty of swing speed to get the ball humming. Control is spot-on from the ground, and the mass and feel work perfectly together at net. I feel like it’s one of those frames that when your game is clicking you can do anything on the court. (Bodes well for Miki!)

* For me, the benefits were most evident when going for winners off short balls, or nailing first serves.

And the following play-notes are from Kevin Brandt—tennis director at Star Island Resort in Kissimmee, FL., and stringing operations manager at e-tennis retail shop.

*Possibly the best player frame Babolat has ever made.

*This is a new frame for Babolat, and it's definitely not for the AeroPro or Pure Drive player. Heavier, softer flexing, with a thin, flat beam and the 98 sq. in. head, this racquet is taking a direct shot at the Wilson Blade and Head Prestige customers.

*It has that feeling of control and touch you can only get out of a pure player's frame and brought back memories of my years playing with the Prince Graphite Classic. (Miki was, of course, a longtime Prince player -- wonder if she notices a similarity.)

*Solid on the ground strokes and a soft, precise feel at the net. This isn't a recreational player's frame—it's probably best suited for a 4.5+ NTRP—but if you have solid strokes and like a frame with some weight to it, this racquet is fantastic.

Very cool to see her fighting with a new frame that may help her consistency without sacrificing power. This could be a huge ingredient for her ongoing success -- one hopes.
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 04:02 AM   #543
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Big bump up in the rankings for Mirjana this week: from 110 to 86
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 02:03 PM   #544
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 03:23 PM   #545
country flag WhatTheDeuce
11/11/11

WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
Congrats, Lady.
Never come

WhatTheDeuce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 04:15 PM   #546
country flag qwertytx

qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
Does she have enough points to be safely in the FO/Wimby MD.
qwertytx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 05:09 PM   #547
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikireturns View Post
FYI ... the new stick Miki debuted in Doha = the Babolat Pure Strike 100 (100 square inch head)

Smart racquet built for optimum aerodynamics and added accuracy/shot-control for aggressive power-players.

Tsonga uses this model, as well.

It certainly seems to suit Mirjana. It would be interesting to know how she weights it for customized performance.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 05:20 PM   #548
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertytx View Post
Does she have enough points to be safely in the FO/Wimby MD.
The pts she has to defend until the French open basically consist of QR2 at Memphis,2nd round (with Qualifiers pts) at Indian Wells, 2nd rnd at Charleston and 2nd Round (with Qualifiers Pts) at Stuttgardt. That's 206 pts. She has a few 1 pters as well, so around 210 pts.
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 05:31 PM   #549
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

It's basically all down to three tournaments for her for the French (IW 80, Char. 40, Stutt. 80), and she's got all the other weeks to make up for what she misses out on in those three. Add to that 100 from Wimbledon and 30 from each, Birmingham and Palermo, and that's pretty much all what she should take care of, to make the MD in USO as well.

Of course, wonderful to see her new ranking! The highest she's been since......
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 05:37 PM   #550
country flag SERVivor

is 86 the highest ranking since her 2007 comeback. I think it may be.
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 05:52 PM   #551
country flag SERVivor

To answer my own question she was #85 on 7/4/11. That was shortly after she had two QF at Strasbourg and Birmingham. Today is the highest she has been since then. #85 is the highest she's been ranked since her 2007 comeback.
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 11:36 PM   #552
country flag jela_dokic

jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light jela_dokic is a glorious beacon of light

where is she playing next????

Jelena Dokic
Angelique Kerber
Mirjana Lucic

Sabine Lisicki, Elena Baltacha, Julia Goerges
jela_dokic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2014, 02:37 PM   #553
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

It's interestng to take a look at the Race leaderboard right now, as it shows how good a player is doing so far this season. Mirjana is currently #60 based on tournaments played in 2014 alone.

Of course, the season is young, but it's wonderful to see it none the less.
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2014, 02:45 PM   #554
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

She'll be in IW qualifying next week. Hope she gets a good draw so she can regain some momentum
Old Feb 22nd, 2014, 04:47 PM   #555
ajmo!

ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future

I think she started to train again today. Best of luck to her
ajmo! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote