Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2 - Page 148 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 17th, 2014, 09:38 AM   #2206
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
I quite like Vika, precisely because she isn't too concerned about her image. Her negative image is mainly due to her sometimes less than exemplary behaviour on court, but off court she's generally a pretty nice, friendly, somewhat goofy girl next door type. I certainly prefer her to Capriati.
I don't mind Vika either. I don't dislike any of the players really. I was only talking about public perception, or what I think that public perception is anyway, but I might be wrong.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 17th, 2014, 09:44 AM   #2207
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

Simona 'scrubs up' very well I think when she lets her hair down and puts on a dress for a night out. The rest of the time, she's very cute.

My reflections on what we have just see from Simona these past few days ...

If there was any doubts after the AO Quarter-Final that Simona is not a big match player, I think they have been put firmly to bed. She got her mental preparation horribly wrong that day but, with Fissette on board, I feel sure she won't be making the same mistake again.

She looked so relaxed and free of tension throughout her matches against Errani and Aga in particular. Sure, she had her little moments where she was talking aloud to herself, but on the whole she was just serene in her demeanour. That serenity was reflected in the control she showed in her tennis. However, I do kind of like the little talks and arm gestures she gives to herself after a bad point. She even does it when she's a set and 4-1 up, in total control. Shows what a perfectionist she is!

Simona keeps on talking about playing with no pressure. I find this fascinating. I'm sure she really means 'playing with as little pressure as possible' because, surely, she can't be feeling no pressure to do well this year. But, I can believe that this week she minimised the pressure on herself. It shows again that she is as tough as nails mentally (as does the comeback from 2-5 against Aga to reel off 8 games - how many others do that?!) I know she reads sports psychology books. Maybe a lot of players do, but for the vast majority of the WTA it would appear they don't learn from such books. Simona, being a smart girl, obviously does!

Finally, the bit I would not dare to post in GM at the moment. Those who didn't see her matches in Doha would jump right on it, as well as maybe a few who did but aren't thinking things through. It looks heavily biased but hey, sometimes these things are true ...

Her 2 matches against Errani and against Aga (from 2-5 down) were number 1 contenders for the most complete and most entertaining displays of point construction and shot-making seen by a female player in the last year. Initially it may seem an outrageous statement, but people would just need to watch the matches again. She was breathtaking and it was sustained for long periods. Sure, Serena matched the effectiveness of Simona's Doha game on many occasions last year but seriously, given a choice, would you rather watch Serena's serve-reliant game ending the point in 3 shots or would you rather watch Simona's masterclass in rallying, point construction & putting away the winner? It's no contest in terms of entertainment and commitment, and I don't see any other players who are currently matching the beauty of Simona's game in Doha. It was tennis played 'the right way'! Some people have said Aga played badly. I've re-watched that match. She did not. She was playing great tennis too for much of the match, even in the 2nd set. Sure, she made a lot more errors than usual but a lot of her UEs were forced by the quality of the ball she was consistently getting back from Simona. Simona was simply on a different planet to Aga.

Please tell me I'm not mad.

Sure, there's things in her game we could criticise her for. But, it would be silly for us to do so right now after such magnificent and dominant tennis. Let's leave that to Wim Fissette to sort out. I am so looking forward to the further improvements in time. Imagine that!

That Simona was able to bring such a brilliant level of tennis to 2 consecutive matches against top players, and was able to bring something fairly near that level to the final ... it says she has arrived. The upper reaches of the Top 10 should be quaking in their boots/tennis shoes (maybe Aga will tell them when she next sees them!) Who else hits 80 top-drawer winners and just 42 UEs in 3 consecutive Top 10 matches? It can't happen very often. I have few doubts that Simona will step up to her next challenge of maintaining something close to this form for large parts of the rest of the year and bringing it to get wins against Vika, Na & Maria.
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 09:49 AM   #2208
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarChomper View Post
Simona 'scrubs up' very well I think when she lets her hair down and puts on a dress for a night out. The rest of the time, she's very cute.

My reflections on what we have just see from Simona these past few days ...

If there was any doubts after the AO Quarter-Final that Simona is not a big match player, I think they have been put firmly to bed. She got her mental preparation horribly wrong that day but, with Fissette on board, I feel sure she won't be making the same mistake again.

She looked so relaxed and free of tension throughout her matches against Errani and Aga in particular. Sure, she had her little moments where she was talking aloud to herself, but on the whole she was just serene in her demeanour. That serenity was reflected in the control she showed in her tennis. However, I do kind of like the little talks and arm gestures she gives to herself after a bad point. She even does it when she's a set and 4-1 up, in total control. Shows what a perfectionist she is!

Simona keeps on talking about playing with no pressure. I find this fascinating. I'm sure she really means 'playing with as little pressure as possible' because, surely, she can't be feeling no pressure to do well this year. But, I can believe that this week she minimised the pressure on herself. It shows again that she is as tough as nails mentally (as does the comeback from 2-5 against Aga to reel off 8 games - how many others do that?!) I know she reads sports psychology books. Maybe a lot of players do, but for the vast majority of the WTA it would appear they don't learn from such books. Simona, being a smart girl, obviously does!

Finally, the bit I would not dare to post in GM at the moment. Those who didn't see her matches in Doha would jump right on it, as well as maybe a few who did but aren't thinking things through. It looks heavily biased but hey, sometimes these things are true ...

Her 2 matches against Errani and against Aga (from 2-5 down) were number 1 contenders for the most complete and most entertaining displays of point construction and shot-making seen by a female player in the last year. Initially it may seem an outrageous statement, but people would just need to watch the matches again. She was breathtaking and it was sustained for long periods. Sure, Serena matched the effectiveness of Simona's Doha game on many occasions last year but seriously, given a choice, would you rather watch Serena's serve-reliant game ending the point in 3 shots or would you rather watch Simona's masterclass in rallying, point construction & putting away the winner? It's no contest in terms of entertainment and commitment, and I don't see any other players who are currently matching the beauty of Simona's game in Doha. It was tennis played 'the right way'! Some people have said Aga played badly. I've re-watched that match. She did not. She was playing great tennis too for much of the match, even in the 2nd set. Sure, she made a lot more errors than usual but a lot of her UEs were forced by the quality of the ball she was consistently getting back from Simona. Simona was simply on a different planet to Aga.

Please tell me I'm not mad.

Sure, there's things in her game we could criticise her for. But, it would be silly for us to do so right now after such magnificent and dominant tennis. Let's leave that to Wim Fissette to sort out. I am so looking forward to the further improvements in time. Imagine that!

That Simona was able to bring such a brilliant level of tennis to 2 consecutive matches against top players, and was able to bring something fairly near that level to the final ... it says she has arrived. The upper reaches of the Top 10 should be quaking in their boots/tennis shoes (maybe Aga will tell them when she next sees them!) Who else hits 80 top-drawer winners and just 42 UEs in 3 Top 10 matches? It can't happen very often. I have few doubts that Simona will step up to her next challenge of maintaining something close to this form for large parts of the rest of the year and bringing it to get wins against Vika, Na & Maria.
Here for example she looks quite stunning:

I don't think your comments are outrageous btw. I feel quite the same way. Better to keep this here rather than on GM for a while, but for my money Simona is the only player who is consistently delivering the kind of tennis that is worth getting excited about. There are others who are playing quite effectively on a consistent basis, and still others who are playing brilliantly in patches, but Simona is the only player who consistently delivers quite breathtaking tennis.
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 09:49 AM   #2209
country flag CristianB8

CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future

This is the song for Simona at the beginning of the year (her game was anywhere to find) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK8rOedNHUU
But now this is the song that suits her: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA8rcLvS1BY
)
CristianB8 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 10:47 AM   #2210
country flag Cosimo

Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all

CheddarChomper, you are not mad. At least not yet. Or if you are, so am I.
Cosimo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 10:50 AM   #2211
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's a fair assessment to say that Simona is playing the most attractive tennis right now. "Peak Aga" is the most attractive of them all in my opinion, and by a considerable margin at that, but Simona is more consistent in her attractiveness.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 10:50 AM   #2212

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianB8 View Post
This is the song for Simona at the beginning of the year (her game was anywhere to find) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK8rOedNHUU
But now this is the song that suits her: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA8rcLvS1BY
)
But I'm not sure we want to be connecting Simona to that clown, Redfoo, in any way.
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 10:59 AM   #2213

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
... Simona is the only player who is consistently delivering the kind of tennis that is worth getting excited about ...
I know. We got excited about her tennis last year in tourneys like New Haven & Sofia. However, Doha was another gear in terms of exciting tennis.

What I love too is her passion, dedication and commitment to her cause. No-one else is matching her for that in the Top 10 except Serena (and Li Na?). Sure, other players bounce back from disappointing defeats like Simona does but Simona seems to have that extra level of desire at the moment. I mean, 3-5 down against Kanepi in the final set & 2-5 down against Aga ... She's never beaten until the last ball goes out and she's a woman on a mission with something to prove.

PS, Thanks guys for letting me know I'm not mad.

Last edited by CheddarChomper : Feb 17th, 2014 at 11:08 AM.
CheddarChomper is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 11:06 AM   #2214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Fan View Post
i do record some matches from time to time, meant to record that one but didn't get to. i have the other four Doha matches, fed cup against hungary and ukraine etc...
Ooh, I missed her match against Annika Beck and would love to see that. It's not on Youtube in full, so you would be my hero if you could somehow let me have access to it. Do you have an online storage account like Dropbox, SkyDrive or Google Docs? I would be very grateful if you could upload it there and then PM me the share/public link to it so that I can download it.
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 12:03 PM   #2215
country flag CristianB8

CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future CristianB8 has a brilliant future

Quote:
But I'm not sure we want to be connecting Simona to that clown, Redfoo, in any way.
Oh, God forbidden but the title of the song it's perfect for this moment, I don't know, this is how I feel the situation )
CristianB8 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 12:14 PM   #2216
country flag Cosimo

Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all

Quote:
Ooh, I missed her match against Annika Beck and would love to see that. It's not on Youtube in full, so you would be my hero if you could somehow let me have access to it. Do you have an online storage account like Dropbox, SkyDrive or Google Docs? I would be very grateful if you could upload it there and then PM me the share/public link to it so that I can download it.
I want it too
Cosimo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 02:10 PM   #2217
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Plays the 1st match tomorrow on Centre Court . Idiot organizers

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #107 - W: Vero Beach '14, Astana '14; TT-d: #116 - W: Astana '14, Landisville '14 w/ Palin6o; RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch;
Suicide: #46 - W: New Haven '14; RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #20 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #69
Nightcrawl3r is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 02:12 PM   #2218
country flag scrumm

scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all

Remembered about this. That's it, Shake it off Simo!
scrumm is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 02:28 PM   #2219
country flag mido1988

mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of

Simona plays tomorrow at 2 pm ( local time ) on central court .. that's too fast

Simna Halep
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 02:38 PM   #2220
country flag ILC

ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all

Google translator helps me. Yes, you are totaly mad.

ILC is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread