2014 National Team Indoors - Page 31 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 11th, 2014, 04:00 PM   #451
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2014 National Team Indoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboyle View Post
As an alum, the penalty didn't surprise me. Duke takes cheating very seriously, and has an honor code. Also, athletes receive tutors like you wouldn't believe, can get an extension for virtually any reason, and are already taking the easiest classes at the university.
I think we all try to take the easiest electives, but as far as taking classes for our major, there is no bypassing that, unless their major is underwater basketweaving

Not the majority turn pro, so aren't they somewhat serious about a future after tennis with academics in mind?
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 11th, 2014, 04:54 PM   #452
country flag SakiBomb25

SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxt View Post
Who are Duke's impact players this year besides Capra? Are the freshmen as good as Pierson/Zhao?
I think a better measuring stick for the freshmen would be Jamie Loeb and Hayley Carter, not Carol Zhao and Rachel Pierson.
SakiBomb25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2014, 04:57 PM   #453
country flag 3gtennis

3gtennis is an unknown quantity at this point

Nearly all female tennis players are majoring in very solid subject areas. Most team GPA's are amount highest on most campuses. There is plenty of tutorial help and nutritional support.
3gtennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2014, 03:26 AM   #454
country flag knoxt

knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
Wow I wonder what other perks came with the territory Sabs still takes her laundry home, so I doubt they get laundry service
Oh yeah, they get their laundry done as well. Of course it's just their athletic gear and not anything else..
knoxt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2014, 02:26 PM   #455
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
I think we all try to take the easiest electives, but as far as taking classes for our major, there is no bypassing that, unless their major is underwater basketweaving

Not the majority turn pro, so aren't they somewhat serious about a future after tennis with academics in mind?
Well Reka is at Duke Medical School now, and all the other players I know got very good jobs, but, at the same time, I don't know an athlete that is majoring in engineering.
Old Feb 12th, 2014, 04:35 PM   #456
country flag 3gtennis

3gtennis is an unknown quantity at this point

there are. and others now in med school and vet school. they do take less hours at certain times, higher others, some summer, some the fall after eligibility, most have good advisors that know when some classes will only be offered and I will repeat--among highest GPA's and graduation rates on most campuses. I consider this maybe the most positive storyline about women's college tennis.
3gtennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 03:04 AM   #457
country flag knoxt

knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold

Is there a mistake in the rankings? How did UVA's Danielle Collins fall from #28 to #53? She lost to the higher seed #23 Cercone and beat an unranked TAMU player. Makes no sense at all.

http://www.itatennis.com/AwardsAndRa..._-_Feb__11.htm

Jumps in Rankings:

1. (10) Duke +9
3. (5) UCLA +2
4. (8) Cal +4
7. (16) Northwestern +9
10. (14) UVA +4
12. (13) Clemson +1
18. (19) Baylor +1
20. (21) Auburn +1

Not sure if Duke should be ranked that highly, but they won the championships after all and now behind Stanford.

Last edited by knoxt : Feb 13th, 2014 at 03:19 AM.
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 03:07 AM   #458
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxt View Post
Is there a mistake in the rankings? How did UVA's Danielle Collins fall from #28 to #53? She lost to the higher seed #23 Cercone and beat an unranked TAMU player. Makes no sense at all.

http://www.itatennis.com/AwardsAndRa..._-_Feb__11.htm
Could have something to do with her loss prior to the tournament.
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 03:18 AM   #459
country flag knoxt

Movers in the top 20:

1. (2) Loeb (UNC) +1
4. (11) Elbaba (UVA) +7
5. (6) Ahn (STAN) +1
6. (10) Garcia (UGA) +4
11. (17) Janowicz (UF) +6
12. (21) Bektas (UM) +9
14. (18) Morgan (UF)
17. (25) Kowase (UGA) +8
18. (20) Yurovsky (UM) +2
20. (45) Goldfeld (DUKE) +25
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 03:22 AM   #460
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Most Outstanding Player: Hanna Mar

2014 ITA All-Tournament Team - Singles
1. Beatrice Capra- Duke
2. Hayley Carter- UNC
3. Hanna Mar- Duke
4. Zsofi Susanyi- Cal
5. Klara Fabikova- Cal
6. Kaitlin Ray- UCLA

2014 ITA All-Tournament Team - Doubles
1. Robin Anderson/Jennifer Brady- UCLA
2. Kyle McPhillips/Catherine Harrison- UCLA