Doha QF: [5] Jankovic def. [3] Kvitova 6-1 6-3 - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 14th, 2014, 02:19 PM   #61
country flag fede33

fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of
Re: Doha QF: [5] Jankovic def. [3] Kvitova 6-1 6-3

Nice win Jelena
Brilliant point at 6-1 3-5 ad Petra
Please destroy Kerber !!

Petra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jajaloo View Post
Safararova_is_always_wrong

Forever: Hingis|Davenport|Henin|Dementieva|Safina
fede33 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 14th, 2014, 02:19 PM   #62
country flag s0higher

s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of s0higher has much to be proud of

Congrats JJ, you deserve it !

Petra, all those DF in the second set giving JJ so many break chances. The last game of the match was great, and that last ball hitting the net
s0higher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 02:19 PM   #63
country flag rnwerner

rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future

Jankovic-Kerber will be Match of the year.
[FITD]: Budapest 2013
[FITD Doubles]: Madrid 2013 und Dubai 2014 [Q-Ball]: Brisbane 2013 und Madrid 2014
rnwerner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 02:19 PM   #64
country flag Shia

Shia has a brilliant future Shia has a brilliant future Shia has a brilliant future Shia has a brilliant future Shia has a brilliant future Shia has a brilliant future Shia has a brilliant future Shia has a brilliant future Shia has a brilliant future Shia has a brilliant future Shia has a brilliant future

at the "she was tired" excuse.
OMG, season has just started, how can they all be tired ALREADY?I can imagine how'll they look like in September-October, playing in wheelchairs, or in bandages, like mummies.For God's sake, stop it, at least for now.
The Empress was empressive Godlike forehands, very solid serves, especially the second.That volley after BDTL
Who is the next?
Shia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 02:20 PM   #65
country flag Little Dreamer
テニプリ

Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
Petra was tired, and it showed where it usually does: in an ineffective first serve, of which she cannot have landed more than 50%, and probably more like 40%. Against a player of JJ's calibre, who has Petra beat for speed around the court, not getting any cheap points off serves was certain doom for Petra. I'm not saying she would have won if her serve was working well, but she had no chance at all without it.
agreed. And she's been shaky off ground all week so its not like she could've used that to her advantage. Hopefully she'll regroup for Dubai

Little Dreamer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 02:20 PM   #66
country flag MMJSL

MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute

Yass JJ. Yasssss!!!

Tennis is saved.

Wozniacki. Stosur. Jankovic. Halep.
Venus. Stephens. Hampton. Bouchard. Bencic.
Seles. Henin. Davenport. Hingis. Clijsters.
MMJSL is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 02:21 PM   #67
country flag GameSetJJ
Delusional Jankobitch

GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Petra was tired
I don't remember who it was but in the WWW didn't a poster point out Petra is hungry for tennis after withdrawing from Paris and not playing since AO??

You're seriously trying to say a player is tired after 2 matches? I don't buy it, I'm sorry.

Bartoli Li Serena
GameSetJJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 02:21 PM   #68
country flag homogenius

homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute

Empress exposed the limits of Petra's game kinda like she exposed Woz's game in the Indian wells's final few years ago.Bar the lost of focus at the start of the 2nd set she played this match on her own terms and never really allowed Petra to take the match in charge.Petra didn't lose cause she was tired, she simply had no answer to what JJ asked today.
homogenius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 02:22 PM   #69
country flag Little Dreamer
テニプリ

Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like Safarova_is_GOAT posts as much as the next, but he MUST be doing something right if these many posters are saying/quoting his name . Keep doing what you're doing GOAT

Little Dreamer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 02:23 PM   #70
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Outstanding performance from Empress!!!! So proud!!! Really great match from her!!!

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 02:24 PM   #71
country flag RadWANDska

RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Radwanska will so win this event, making either JJ or Kerber self-destruct.

Well done JJ.

Petra. Stop with the 3 setters
RadWANDska is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 02:24 PM   #72
country flag softlights

softlights is a name known to all softlights is a name known to all softlights is a name known to all softlights is a name known to all softlights is a name known to all softlights is a name known to all softlights is a name known to all softlights is a name known to all softlights is a name known to all softlights is a name known to all softlights is a name known to all

No "she was tired" excuses for Petra. She's played 3-setters, sure, but Jelena has also played doubles. It was just another inconsistent Petra performance
JJ! Nice solid play, and excellent serving. Good luck in the semis!
softlights is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 02:24 PM   #73
country flag homogenius

homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Petra was tired, and it showed where it usually does: in an ineffective first serve, of which she cannot have landed more than 50%, and probably more like 40%. Against a player of JJ's calibre, who has Petra beat for speed around the court, not getting any cheap points off serves was certain doom for Petra. I'm not saying she would have won if her serve was working well, but she had no chance at all without it.

EDIT: Petra served 50% for the match, but only 25% in the second set.
it's easier to have a good service day with (for example) 17 aces vs the worst returner in top50 aka Safarova, than against Jelena though.JJ put a lot of pressure on Petra's serve today
homogenius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 02:24 PM   #74
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Doha QF: (5) Jankovic def. (3) Kvitova 6-1 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
I'd consider refreshing the main page next time before you post your thread.

Yours was so late that the three other threads posted minutes before yours have already been merged into one.
I had it set before the match ended and forgot to post it due to watching something else. I appreciate the advice, but i've posted many results threads here before.

RIP Elena Baltacha. You were taken far too soon from us. You will be missed, loved and remembered.
Vicky Duval Get well soon. We're all pulling for you in this awful fight you now face.
lupojohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 02:25 PM   #75
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Doha QF: (5) Jelena Jankovic SRB def. (3) Petra Kvitova CZE 6-1 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawson. View Post
Junkovic taking advantage of a tired P3tra once again. I'm struggling to think of a single legitimate win she's had in the past 12 months to justify her ranking
I agree, nice job by Lucie to tire Petra. JJ got another revenge for the FedCup final thrashing
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote