WG 1 Slovakia vs Germany in Bratislava - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 9th, 2014, 10:41 AM   #16
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WG 1 Slovakia vs Germany in Bratislava

GER leads 2-0 !

Petkovic def. Cibulkova 2-6 7-6 6-2
Kerber def. Hantuchova 7-6 6-1

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 9th, 2014, 01:58 PM   #17
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old Feb 9th, 2014, 02:01 PM   #18
country flag rucolo

GER def. SVK 3-0 !

Angelique beat Cibulkova in a great match

SVK

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old Feb 10th, 2014, 07:22 PM   #19
country flag rucolo

http://www.fedcup.com/en/news/168914.aspx

Quote:
09 February 2014

Kerber wins high-quality match to see Germany through

By Chris Bowers

It’s hard to believe that Germany hasn’t been in a Fed Cup by BNP Paribas semifinal since 1995, but that statistic is now banished to history, thanks to Angelique Kerber’s 63 76(5) victory over Dominika Cibulkova that sees the Germans into this year’s semis. It gave Germany a 3-0 lead, and means the Germans are due to travel to Australia in April’s semifinals.

Although the score reads brutally for the Slovaks, the decisive match was rich in high quality tennis, with even Cibulkova admitting that she played well but Kerber played just a little better. Cibulkova did very well to fight back from a storming start by Kerber, one which saw the German take the first nine points, and while the first set shows a reasonably even 63 scoreline, the fact was that Cibulkova needed to go to deuce on all three games she won, while Kerber was winning most of her games easily.

But the Australian Open runner-up got into the match early in the second set, starting to mobilise the tremendous support for her. Her winners were greeted with increasingly loud cheers, and the atmosphere inside the Aegon Arena became electric.

The problem for the home fans was that Kerber was playing at a very high level.

Her serve was back to the fluency that had deserted her at the Australian Open, her backhand was low and lethal, and her down-the-line forehand, that always looks as if she’s left the hitting point fractionally too late, was finding its target with impressive regularity.

At 5-4, Kerber was two points from putting Germany into the semfinals, but Cibulkova fought back. The tension was heightened by the fact that the Slovak ran out of challenges, so she was unable to question one dubious service winner from the German. But Cibulkova got the set into the tiebreak. Both players were clearly nervous, but Kerber had the greater energy, and although she let a 5-3 lead slip, she held firm to see a Cibulkova forehand drift wide on the German’s first match point.

"I had so much emotion from the team," Kerber said. "It was tough, so I was just trying to play point-by-point. I think I played well, I moved well, I mixed it up well, sometimes aggressive, sometimes defensive, and I’m so happy that we’re now through."

The Slovaks did have one moment of triumph. Midway through the doubles rubber, it was announced that Slovakia had won a gold at the Winter Olympics in Biathlon, bringing out as big a cheer as for one of Cibulkova’s rasping forehands. And perhaps that’s the moral of the story – a wintersports nation such as Slovakia had its attention towards Sochi, whereas Germany’s was very much on the tennis court in Bratislava.

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old Feb 11th, 2014, 06:35 PM   #20
country flag rucolo

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old Feb 12th, 2014, 01:44 AM   #21
country flag jankimfan

jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
^You're not tired of seeing Serbia vs. Slovakia in Fed Cup?
They play each other like every year!
Lolzzz...and now you know Slovakia will play Canada in play-offs who beat Serbia in 1st round!

It just goes round and round and round!

Thanks to bobito for providing me with JJ avatar

Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God

Last edited by jankimfan : Feb 13th, 2014 at 01:32 AM.
jankimfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 01:27 AM   #22
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Imagine if they won and played Slovakia again

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 01:33 AM   #23
country flag jankimfan

jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute jankimfan has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: WG 1 Slovakia vs Germany in Bratislava

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
Imagine if they won and played Slovakia again
OMG...would have been hilarious!

Thanks to bobito for providing me with JJ avatar

Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God
jankimfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote