Paris Open 2014: Keep calm and support Maria - Page 22 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 5th, 2014, 04:11 PM   #316
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Paris Open 2014: Keep calm and support Maria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sharapova View Post
Exactly . Imagine if she had won all those finals she would have been a multiple Miami champion by now . And the irony of ironies is that the only time when she actually won a set in a Miami final was against Serena .

Well, she really was the fave to win three of them or maybe 2 cause Vika was already a pain in the ass for her on HC and in 2011 Maria wasn't really in her best form.
But really, that loss to Aga is the most painful and unforgivable of them all.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 5th, 2014, 05:45 PM   #317
country flag Laver_Slam

Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice
Re: Paris Open 2014: Keep calm and support Maria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSharp View Post
Maria won't fall outside top 10, but #8 or even #9 is possible in worst scenario. She defends win in IW and Stuttgart and three finals (Madrid, Miami, RG)!? The good thing is that after those tournaments she can only gain the points!

Agree with this. She has always been a fighter! I just want to see her more calm on the court.

P.S: I still think her best match this year was against Serena.
And I think the best match of Serena Williams herself this year was against Maria in Brisbane, despite her poor serving the rest of her game was top level. Somehow this match had incredible rallies and they were the best I saw of all the tournaments played till now. After that match both Serena and Maria didn't produce this level and their form was poor in AO 2014 as was the case with Azarenka. The three of them showed their best tennis in Brisbane and after that was one hell of a fall.
Laver_Slam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 09:12 PM   #318
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laver_Slam View Post
And I think the best match of Serena Williams herself this year was against Maria in Brisbane, despite her poor serving the rest of her game was top level. Somehow this match had incredible rallies and they were the best I saw of all the tournaments played till now. After that match both Serena and Maria didn't produce this level and their form was poor in AO 2014 as was the case with Azarenka. The three of them showed their best tennis in Brisbane and after that was one hell of a fall.
The problem is that the lower Masha plumps down the ranking the earlier she will bump into a higher ranked player in the draws - Just hope that she'll be at her peak or close at her peak when that happens

Last edited by MashaFan01 : Feb 5th, 2014 at 09:52 PM.
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 10:22 PM   #319
country flag MaSharp

MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laver_Slam View Post
You are right actually.
She (Serena) had just poor % of 1st serves in but otherwise her game was superb. And despite Maria making 8 DF's in this match, she actually served excelent! Her game was really awesome, she just didn't take all her chances.
And I dare to say Serena played a level worse in that final against Vika. If she would have play like in the semis, she would have beat Guest 2&3 imo...
That is also a reason why I was so positive after Brisbane! I am sure Maria with THAT game is almost unbeatable by anyone but Serena!

2004 2006 2008 2012 2014

Giorgi | Konjuh
MaSharp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2014, 06:38 PM   #320
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Well, she really was the fave to win three of them or maybe 2 cause Vika was already a pain in the ass for her on HC and in 2011 Maria wasn't really in her best form.
But really, that loss to Aga is the most painful and unforgivable of them all.
That loss should go down as one of the worst that Maria has received in a big stage .
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote